Augmentations

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Augmentations

Post by Luke Cox » #96948

Augmentations are one of my favorite things about robotics, but they feel a little bland in their current state. Sure, they give you more health and torso augmentations make you immune to xeno impregnation, but other than that they don't feel all that powerful. With dismemberment and robot limbs on the way, now is the perfect time to expand the augmentation system. I have a few ideas to make them a little more interesting

Do away with cyborg head augmentations and make them their own item. There could be several options for each type of augmentation, each with benefits and drawbacks. An arm augment could have a welding tool built in. Another might be shock resistant. Perhaps augmenting both legs with a certain type of augment makes it so you don't slip. Torso augments that let your body digest metal. There are no shortage of fun ideas for these. These would be tied to research levels, and could easily be balanced with research requirements, material costs, and the fact that somebody else has to attach them to you. Illegal augmentations could also be an option, requiring either illegal tech research or hacking the exosuit fabricator (wires could be introduced to it).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Augmentations

Post by PKPenguin321 » #96952

>what are cybernetic implants
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #96954

i'm just waiting for the baleful eye implant

any day now

edit: also where are my fucking mechadendrites isn't this /tg/station seriously
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #96968

The fact that aug'd parts have to be healed with wires and welders is kinda meh in execution, since you either have to augment your entire body (when you may only want a robotic arm or something, not to mention how long it takes to fully aug someone), or you have to carry around two sets of healing items in your medkit, one for your organic parts and one for your aug'd parts. If you got rid of that limitation, I'd be more inclined to use them here and there
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #96972

Shaps wrote:The fact that aug'd parts have to be healed with wires and welders is kinda meh in execution, since you either have to augment your entire body (when you may only want a robotic arm or something, not to mention how long it takes to fully aug someone), or you have to carry around two sets of healing items in your medkit, one for your organic parts and one for your aug'd parts. If you got rid of that limitation, I'd be more inclined to use them here and there
Not happening.

1: makes no sense for chems or medicines to fix augments
2: there's got to be downsides to being auged (this and emp are fair downsides)

If anything, we could have a healing item that's capable of healing both, but at a reduce effectiveness:
Brute patch: 20-Organic only
Welder: 20-Robotic only
Nanopaste: 10-Both

and it'd be an RnD researchable or something.
私は完璧
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #96977

Getting healed by wires and welders is metal as hell mang.

I feel like if you start giving augs powers that they should run on an internal battery or something.

Also if you feel augging takes tooooo long maybe we can make a sort of 'augging pod' which would work like a clone pod except it strips you of all that WEAK FLESH and replaces it with PERFECT MACHINE. Maybe all that left-over flesh can get sent to the chef too.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #96980

Augging takes a few minutes tops. If you can't sit still for that long, in exchange for becoming robocop tier robust, then too bad.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #97077

Remie Richards wrote:
Shaps wrote:The fact that aug'd parts have to be healed with wires and welders is kinda meh in execution, since you either have to augment your entire body (when you may only want a robotic arm or something, not to mention how long it takes to fully aug someone), or you have to carry around two sets of healing items in your medkit, one for your organic parts and one for your aug'd parts. If you got rid of that limitation, I'd be more inclined to use them here and there
Not happening.

1: makes no sense for chems or medicines to fix augments
2: there's got to be downsides to being auged (this and emp are fair downsides)

If anything, we could have a healing item that's capable of healing both, but at a reduce effectiveness:
Brute patch: 20-Organic only
Welder: 20-Robotic only
Nanopaste: 10-Both

and it'd be an RnD researchable or something.
Hah, you could call it omni-gel.

Anyway, yeah. Augmented arms to hold various items (maybe even a kind of revolving multitool) would be cool. A gun arm, or whatever.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97078

Nanopaste is a thing on Bay, and used to repair just about any prosthetic as far as I know.

We could just steal that and apply it in a slightly broader fashion.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #97080

A tail augmentation (lizards only, must be researched first) that adds a robotic claw to your tail, allowing you to hold another object at any time. What can possibly go wrong?

The problem with nanopaste is that if it's used as standard medicine, it has to run out; and if it runs out, it probably shouldn't need a great deal of effort to make. What about a 'nanopaste applier' or something that runs off a cell (and so needs to be recharged)?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #97094

I was gonna say that nanopaste being quick to use up and easy to make wouldn't be much of a problem, but having a cell charger sounds even cooler
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #97131

I once suggested a variety of job related augments that basically ran off a powercell. You can take the cell out and recharge it or swap it for a better cell of course. This were like engineers with augs would have full toolbelt as their hands,sec getting stun arms,aug mented lungs,etc,etc.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #97153

A non-disarmable stun baton would be fantastically useful.

Especially if you could spawn with augments for some other sort of trade off.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #97294

Cheimon wrote:A non-disarmable stun baton would be fantastically useful.

No,bad.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #97383

PKPenguin321 wrote:>what are cybernetic implants
That's what I had in mind actually. Something like the implants we have, but with augmentations instead. We have a diverse array of implants, but augmentations are very bland.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #97481

>what is a no-drop implant

guys this is nothing new, it's just that it's all behind a research wall
Luke Cox wrote:
That's what I had in mind actually. Something like the implants we have, but with augmentations instead. We have a diverse array of implants, but augmentations are very bland.
honestly i'm sort of against this unless the augments are very, VERY obvious and non-concealable and have a serious downside, as the implants we currently have are pretty cool but also terribly unfair
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #97520

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
honestly i'm sort of against this unless the augments are very, VERY obvious and non-concealable and have a serious downside, as the implants we currently have are pretty cool but also terribly unfair
They'd be highly obvious. Each one would have a distinct sprite, and you probably wouldn't be able to wear gloves with them. I'd argue that they would be a much more balanced way of implementing the implants we currently have. No-drop could be an arm augment with an easily identifiable appearance for example. Sec would know instantly if somebody has one. Examine text could show it too.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #97527

Maybe make metal foam heal augments? LOOK A CLOUD OF IRON THERE MUST BE A CYBORG INSIDE!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #97546

This is called a stun glove. And we're never getting them back under any situation or guise.

Also letting people spawn with augments would lead to powergaming no matter how you try balance it.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #97559

Might make sense for say the captain. Guy is meant to be the pimpest human around.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #97615

Yeah, if each head of staff could choose to spawn with some department related augment (or, sure, just the captain) it might be fun and interesting.

Or it might be powergaming. I hadn't really thought about how baton-arms were stungloves, but if anyone could get away with one, it would be the HOS or captain. Plus it is quite severely worse than a stunglove if you then can't use that arm for anything else (assuming it's not some sort of retractable baton-hand).
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #97619

Baton-arms aren't stungloves if they're obvious.

The problem with stungloves was that they were stunbatons nobody could see or detect in any way until you were on the ground going ";H-h-hee-eelp" while they ziptied you
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #97622

Maybe a baton-arm would be like an armblade, except you need to wait a few seconds after extending it to use it? That way it's not immediately obvious they have one, but you're given a few seconds warning before ";H-h-heee-eelp".

Then again, everyone will take one if they're too good, so perhaps limit them somehow? (One available to the HoS when they join, maybe?)
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #97625

I was entirely assuming they would take up an entire hand slot, which is a significant disadvantage. No way to use boxes within your hands all of a sudden.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #97630

Harmbaton the box until it opens
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #97669

Cheimon wrote:I was entirely assuming they would take up an entire hand slot, which is a significant disadvantage. No way to use boxes within your hands all of a sudden.
In the case of tool augments, I imagined that they could be coded just like armblades. They take up a slot when they're active.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #97716

A neat (but sadly probably OP) augment/item would be power fists.

Toggle is on and your hands are occupied by FIST POWER, and you can punch with the power of a hulk.
Down side would be massive power drain - you'd only be able to use it a few times before draining even a high end cell.

I say it would be OP simply because hulk punch stuns, which is ggnore.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #97733

Can't you people think of something else other than weapons?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97743

It's either robust or irrelevant.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #97745

Scott wrote:Can't you people think of something else other than weapons?
I've suggested tools, shock resistant hands, and torso augs that let you digest different stuff. There are a ton of things we could do.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #97760

Flashlight, pressure sealed body( none o' dat horrible pressure damage), extended capacity lungs. Heck just crack open a Shadowrun/Eclipse Phase book and you can find a lot of stuff there.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #97847

The one thing that needs to be worked out, and could also be used for balance, is the idea of multi-limb augmentations. Some augments would have to be applied to multiple limbs/areas to work. Most leg augments wouldn't make sense if you only apply them to one leg. Maybe augments that let you eat certain things need both head and torso augments.
Killbasa
Byond Username: Killbasa

Post by Killbasa » #98172

Luke Cox wrote:The one thing that needs to be worked out, and could also be used for balance, is the idea of multi-limb augmentations. Some augments would have to be applied to multiple limbs/areas to work. Most leg augments wouldn't make sense if you only apply them to one leg. Maybe augments that let you eat certain things need both head and torso augments.
What about having an implant that requires the legs/torso/arms to be augd in order for it to work? Let's say you want to run faster, you would need the augd legs and the implant for it to work.
I play Trevor Glomps/Tire Justice.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #98194

Killbasa wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:The one thing that needs to be worked out, and could also be used for balance, is the idea of multi-limb augmentations. Some augments would have to be applied to multiple limbs/areas to work. Most leg augments wouldn't make sense if you only apply them to one leg. Maybe augments that let you eat certain things need both head and torso augments.
What about having an implant that requires the legs/torso/arms to be augd in order for it to work? Let's say you want to run faster, you would need the augd legs and the implant for it to work.
What I'm proposing is essentially visible implants for each limb. Functionally, the augmentations are the implants. Right now, we have torso and head implants, but I feel like that system could be made much more robust. The current implants are completely invisible to other people, meaning that you're limited in what you can do if you want to avoid making anything unbalanced. Additonally, the present augment system is very limited, granting nothing but more durability and immunity to Xeno impregnation, which is only situationally useful. Implants have the benefit of providing a diverse array of effects, but are held back balance-wise by the lack of a visual indication. Current augmentations have clear visual indicators, but suffer from zero variety. It only makes sense that we merge these systems. Robotics augments that function like implants. Better balance, more variety, coolness factor, nice compliment to the coming dismemberment system

Also, I shamelessly plugged mentioned this idea in the dismemberment thread. I might put together an initial list of augmentations that could be considered, along with requirements and materials if this idea is feasible.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #98956

Been brainstorming a bit, and I came up with a few ideas. Arm-based augments would be toggled like armblades are in lings, and would occupy the hand slot while active. Some augments permanently occupy clothing spots

Medical
Syringe hand: A mechanical hand with extendable syringes. Activating it makes the item Can hold 40 units total, injects 10 at a time. When used with harm intent, needles inflict minor brute damage and have a small chance to cause bleeding. Fill it with mindbreaker toxin and be Scarecrow. Requires glass, medical research
Defribilator arms: Arm augments that can function as defribilators when activated. Requires both arms to be augmented to function. Could possibly deal burn damage if emagged limbs become a thing. Watch as people haplessly try to use them as stun gloves. Requires silver, bio and EMP research
Vital monitor: Torso implant that monitors your vital signs. Sends a distress signal over the medical headset channel with your present location. There's a catch though: the message won't be sent until you've spent 10 seconds in crit. Be brutally murdered faster than that and you're out of luck. Requires gold, silver, bio and EMP research

Engineering
Photoresistant eyes: A head implant that protects your eyes from welding. Also makes half-resistant to flashes, and negates the meson sensor's sensitivity to light. Requires uranium, engineering research
Plasma respirator: A gasmask that's grafted to your face and throat. Acts as a gas mask, and convertes a portion of plasma into oxygen (I was thinking 25%-50%). You'll still suffocate in plasma-filled hallways eventually, but it can be the difference between life and death. Provides some heat resistance. Permanantly occupies your mask slot. Will help you crash the station with no survivors if you're a big guy. Requires silver and plasma, bio, engineering, and plasma research

Science
Portable DNA scanner: Requires both the arm-mounted scanner and transmitter in the torso to work. When activated, you can scan a body with your arm, which takes several seconds. Great for field medics. Requires gold, uranium, EMP, medical, and bluespace research

Security
(note: all security augments require firing pins before they can be grafted on)
Reinforced torso: Makes your torso more durable all-around. Permanantly occupies all torso slots. Has a built-in jumpsuit. Requires diamond, plasma, materials, combat, EMP, and plasma research
Magnetic hands: Requires both arms to work. Keeps you from dropping items held in your hands. Would replace the current no-drop implant. Requires diamond, gold, silver, materials, EMP, engineering, and combat research
Grenade launcher: Launches either a flashbang or tear gas grenade from your arm. Not sure about capacity. Requires plasma, silver, uranium, combat, EMP, and engineering research

Misc
Buffer feet: Requires both legs to function. Lets you clean floors as you walk. No more janicart needed. Requires silver, bio and materials research
Honkmother's throat: Augments your vocal chords. Allows clowns to let out a deafening honk. Requires bananium, bio and engineering research, and a lack of basic empathy
Extinguisher: When toggled, functions as a fire extinguisher. Can be filed with various chemicals
Robotic limb: These are what you get when you're missing a limb. Can be augmented with any of the previously mentioned augments. Functions as a normal limb.
Steel gut: Requires the head and torso augments to work. Allows you to eat and digest metal, wires, and some metal-based items. Requires plasma, emp, materials, and bio research

Nuke Ops
(May as well put that shuttle surgery room to use. Obtained via uplink)
Machine gun arm: Morphs into a machine gun when activated.
Hacking arms: Utilizes the latest in Syndicate hacking techniques. Requires both arms. Allows you to rip open airlocks(even bolted ones) and shutters. Takes about 10-15 seconds and you're vulnerable while... hacking.
Last edited by Luke Cox on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killbasa
Byond Username: Killbasa

Post by Killbasa » #98962

Luke Cox wrote:Been brainstorming a bit, and I came up with a few ideas. Arm-based augments would be toggled like armblades are in lings, and would occupy the hand slot while active. Some augments permanently occupy clothing spots

Medical
Syringe hand: A mechanical hand with extendable syringes. Activating it makes the item Can hold 40 units total, injects 10 at a time. When used with harm intent, needles inflict minor brute damage and have a small chance to cause bleeding. Fill it with mindbreaker toxin and be Scarecrow. Requires glass, medical research
Defribilator arms: Arm augments that can function as defribilators when activated. Requires both arms to be augmented to function. Could possibly deal burn damage if emagged limbs become a thing. Watch as people haplessly try to use them as stun gloves. Requires silver, bio and EMP research
Vital monitor: Torso implant that monitors your vital signs. Sends a distress signal over the medical headset channel with your present location. There's a catch though: the message won't be sent until you've spent 10 seconds in crit. Be brutally murdered faster than that and you're out of luck. Requires gold, silver, bio and EMP research

Engineering
Photoresistant eyes: A head implant that protects your eyes from welding. Also makes half-resistant to flashes, and negates the meson sensor's sensitivity to light. Requires uranium, engineering research
Plasma respirator: A gasmask that's grafted to your face and throat. Acts as a gas mask, and convertes a portion of plasma into oxygen (I was thinking 25%-50%). You'll still suffocate in plasma-filled hallways eventually, but it can be the difference between life and death. Provides some heat resistance. Permanantly occupies your mask slot. Will help you crash the station with no survivors if you're a big guy. Requires silver and plasma, bio, engineering, and plasma research

Science
Portable DNA scanner: Requires both the arm-mounted scanner and transmitter in the torso to work. When activated, you can scan a body with your arm, which takes several seconds. Great for field medics. Requires gold, uranium, EMP, medical, and bluespace research

Security
(note: all security augments require firing pins before they can be grafted on)
Reinforced torso: Makes your torso more durable all-around. Permanantly occupies all torso slots. Has a built-in jumpsuit. Requires diamond, plasma, materials, combat, EMP, and plasma research
Magnetic hands: Requires both arms to work. Keeps you from dropping items held in your hands. Would replace the current no-drop implant. Requires diamond, gold, silver, materials, EMP, engineering, and combat research
Grenade launcher: Launches either a flashbang or tear gas grenade from your arm. Not sure about capacity. Requires plasma, silver, uranium, combat, EMP, and engineering research

Misc
Buffer feet: Requires both legs to function. Lets you clean floors as you walk. No more janicart needed. Requires silver, bio and materials research
Honkmother's throat: Augments your vocal chords. Allows clowns to let out a deafening honk. Requires bananium, bio and engineering research, and a lack of basic empathy
Extinguisher: When toggled, functions as a fire extinguisher. Can be filed with various chemicals
Robot limb: There are what you get when you're missing a limb. Can be augmented with any of the previously mentioned augments. Functions as a normal limb.
Steel gut: Requires the head and torso augments to work. Allows you to eat and digest metal, wires, and some metal-based items. Requires plasma, emp, materials, and bio research

Nuke Ops
(May as well put that shuttle surgery room to use. Obtained via uplink)
Machine gun arm: Morphs into a machine gun when activated.
Hacking arms: Utilizes the latest in Syndicate hacking techniques. Requires both arms. Allows you to rip open airlocks(even bolted ones) and shutters. Takes about 10-15 seconds and you're vulnerable while... hacking.
I like all of this, there is so much potential to finally have useful and relevant augments.
I play Trevor Glomps/Tire Justice.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #98979

Nuke ops should get a chainsaw aug.

Then take noslips and some antistun drugs and go full chainsawhands.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #99004

callanrockslol wrote:Nuke ops should get a chainsaw aug.

Then take noslips and some antistun drugs and go full chainsawhands.
Damn, how did I not think of this?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #100440

Luke Cox wrote: Hacking arms: Utilizes the latest in Syndicate hacking techniques. Requires both arms. Allows you to rip open airlocks(even bolted ones) and shutters. Takes about 10-15 seconds and you're vulnerable while... hacking.
"Stand back I am going to perform a manual override on this door."
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100446

Luke Cox wrote: Honkmother's throat: Augments your vocal chords. Allows clowns to let out a deafening honk. Requires bananium, bio and engineering research, and a lack of basic empathy
Hearty chuckle/10

A stomach/throat aug that let you swallow an item and regurgitate it later would be interesting, but I can't think of it being used for anything other than mischief/outright malice.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100453

You could use it for voraphilia with a neckgrab.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100469

DemonFiren wrote:You could use it for voraphilia with a neckgrab.
Y'know, when I was typing that up, I was thinking "It's only a matter of time before someone makes a vore joke about this idea", so kudos for going from 0-60 in a single post.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100482

What can I say, Scones encouraged me to be more of a sick bastard.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #100507

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Luke Cox wrote: Honkmother's throat: Augments your vocal chords. Allows clowns to let out a deafening honk. Requires bananium, bio and engineering research, and a lack of basic empathy
Hearty chuckle/10

A stomach/throat aug that let you swallow an item and regurgitate it later would be interesting, but I can't think of it being used for anything other than mischief/outright malice.
Clowns and lawyers in a nutshell. Augs don't necessarily have to have practical functions. Some of them could just be for fun. It could be a good method of storing emergency supplies or hiding contraband.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #100517

You could even make tiers of augments/dependancies.

So with the honk throat for example (which if it worked like the mech honker would be hilariously strong), could require you to eat bananium to charge it, which cannot be eaten without the iron stomach thing.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #100520

Luke Cox wrote: Grenade launcher: Launches either a flashbang or tear gas grenade from your arm. Not sure about capacity. Requires plasma, silver, uranium, combat, EMP, and engineering research
AWWW YISSS
Better let people load it with a box :^)
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #100539

lumipharon wrote:You could even make tiers of augments/dependancies.

So with the honk throat for example (which if it worked like the mech honker would be hilariously strong), could require you to eat bananium to charge it, which cannot be eaten without the iron stomach thing.
That would be a good way of implementing the multi-limb augments I had in mind. For example, the DNA scanner aug I had in mind listed an arm scanner and a torso transmitter. Instead, the torso could be a generic "transmitter" augment that works with several different augments.
kevinz000 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote: Grenade launcher: Launches either a flashbang or tear gas grenade from your arm. Not sure about capacity. Requires plasma, silver, uranium, combat, EMP, and engineering research
AWWW YISSS
Better let people load it with a box :^)
I was thinking only 1-2, maybe 3 max. It could get OP very quickly.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #100577

Okay, let's be real here.
We shouldn't add more implants like this to the game yet. This is mainly because they will almost never see use by antagonists, but almost always get used by security. I believe this is because of the removal of self surgery. Why would a medical doctor ever give an assistant any implant besides buffer feet or photo resistant eyes? They wouldn't. Now, would a medical doctor give the HoS an arm cannon and reinforced torso? Of course he would, why wouldn't he?
Either find a way to make these augments not require surgery somehow or bring back self surgery.

Really liking the implant ideas, though.
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #100580

how dare u give something to security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #100584

So they did remove self surgery! What kind of monster would do such a thing!? Probably the same one that got rid of being able to get SE's and other genetic information from the dead.

Also I'd like a neon hair aug please. Glowing hair in different colors.