Disloyalty implants for traitors

A place to record your ideas for the game.

? (Revote on)

Yeah
70%
Nah
20%
Abstain because I'm indecisive.
10%

Total votes: 10

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Disloyalty implants for traitors

Post by Falamazeer » #101189

This idea is part of a little series of ideas that would take decent working elements from other antag types and lend them to traitor. which needs help, and is our most common round type.

The first idea being https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 52#p100152 where I suggested lending some changeling strengths with a purchasable box that would allow them to become a new random person to escape the long arm of the law after going loud

This new idea would be taking an element from rev/gang with a purchasable item called a "Disloyalty Implant" A decently expensive implant that would effectively convert someone into a syndicate You feel a sudden surge of disloyalty towards nanotrasen Followed by the objectives to help the implanter fulfill his objectives at all costs.

This would be purely objectives, clearly it would be bad to give them telecrystals or they'd just buy more, and next thing you know, traitor is just rev with theft added.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Disloyalty implants for traitors

Post by PKPenguin321 » #101194

IIRC, this has been suggested and turned down because people would go to traitors asking for antagonist status.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #101198

PKPenguin321 wrote:IIRC, this has been suggested and turned down because people would go to traitors asking for antagonist status.
How would this be any different from Rev/Gang/Cult/Shadowling? We ban for this behavior, and should not be the sole reason something like this is held back.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #101199

Why would I not just try and ambush Tsaricide/Zaross and implant them to robust people for me? Sounds too easy, mindslaves op
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #101216

Why would that be a problem? Converting robust people asap is what you wanna do, In any round type that allows it.

And deliberately being converted is a non issue, clearly it wouldn't be the same as rev, because first, even if you did know someone was a traitor, standing innocently within range is the last thing you wanna do, in case they bought a esword instead of a conversion.

Edit: also, OP? I'm not anticipating this being cheap enough to buy more than one of, maybe two if that's ALL you bought.
And even if it is OP, fuck it, traitors need a little OP in their lives. And the ability to double team is a decent start.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #101217

While we're at it why don't we just merge all antags into one?

Keep the conversions to other game modes, I dislike this trend of giving antags other antags abilities and powers.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #101223

What if the implant instead ghosted you and put an other, random player in the body to play as an antag? That would greatly discourage anyone from being implanted on purpose.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #101445

Tokiko2 wrote:What if the implant instead ghosted you and put an other, random player in the body to play as an antag? That would greatly discourage anyone from being implanted on purpose.
That actually gives me a horrific idea for Soulstones.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #101454

Tokiko2 wrote:What if the implant instead ghosted you and put an other, random player in the body to play as an antag? That would greatly discourage anyone from being implanted on purpose.
Try this: "Syndicate Portable AI Module." You boot it and it grabs an available player ghost to be the personality and otherwise acts like a regular PAI, but is an antag with the same objectives as the player who ordered it. Then you shove it into someone's spinal cord, and the player in the PAI now controls the body. This takes about a minute and they have to be immobile. The original player becomes paralyzed but can still see and hear. If you can't find a suitable victim, a humanized monkey will work. (Maybe also a regular monkey or other animal? Just because turning Poly into your cyborg slave and having her peck the controls to release the singulo is fucking funny.)

A surgeon can remove it, which would give the original player control again (and put the PAI player back into the PAI, or maybe ghost them). The PAI player might also have the option to shut off and release the victim.

(Don't know yet how you'd detect this. Medical scanner? T-ray scanner? EMP them and see if they fall over?)
Remove the AI.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #101458

rockpecker wrote:
Try this: "Syndicate Portable AI Module." You boot it and it grabs an available player ghost to be the personality and otherwise acts like a regular PAI, but is an antag with the same objectives as the player who ordered it. Then you shove it into someone's spinal cord, and the player in the PAI now controls the body. This takes about a minute and they have to be immobile. The original player becomes paralyzed but can still see and hear. If you can't find a suitable victim, a humanized monkey will work. (Maybe also a regular monkey or other animal? Just because turning Poly into your cyborg slave and having her peck the controls to release the singulo is fucking funny.)

A surgeon can remove it, which would give the original player control again (and put the PAI player back into the PAI, or maybe ghost them). The PAI player might also have the option to shut off and release the victim.

(Don't know yet how you'd detect this. Medical scanner? T-ray scanner? EMP them and see if they fall over?)
https://vimeo.com/101432194

Fast forward to 16:30 for the implant bit.