A Return of Cloakers

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

A Return of Cloakers

Post by Scones » #109379

You can't arrest what you can't see

As suggested by Forceful in OOC it'd probably be best if the item were to work like an alien hunter's cloaking, more visible the closer you are. In the interest of balance, I think it should be a belt slot thing that you turn on and off.

Traitor only, disallowed for nuke
Toggle on/off without a stupid charge system because you can just see them if you get close anyways

Thoughts?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: A Return of Cloakers

Post by Xhuis » #109383

Cloaker has kicked Dalis Haister!
Dalas Haister stammers, "H-H-E-EL-P-P"
Cloaker yells, "NOW GO ON THE FORUMS AND CRY LIKE THE LITTLE BITCH YOU ARE!!"
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #109384

It's probably an awful idea because any kind of ranged weapon (read: ebow) pretty much negates the balance changes.

Might still be cool to test it if anybody can get it working, but it would have to be pretty expensive and would probably still be really powerful.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #109388

8 tc no ebow allowed :^)
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #109393

I think it'd fucking suck as soon as anyone got a decent gun, like anything laser tier and above. Gods help you if someone gets a revolver and a cloaking belt, if they've geared up with flashbang protection there'll be literally no reliable way to take them down.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #109399

For those of you who weren't around during the days of cloak'n'bow, let us assure you that it was positively scary, even when there were thermals.

How about a device that is an amped-up version of the superpower that lets you fade out, taking a few seconds instead of ~20 seconds. That way it wouldn't be a super-murderboner device, but instead favoured to area control or more dynamic usage than just run&gun.

My only bother is that the AI would easily hard-counter it even more than it did the old cloaking device.

An alternative "nerfed cloaker" would have the the cloaking individual revealed whenever they perform an action that isn't walking (like the cham projector).
Mime: Depresso
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #109484

Make it work like the spy's watch or a variant thereof
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #109485

NO.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #109494

YES.

Then we can slowly cull the weak.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #109496

Meh.
There is a lot to be said for either approach, Traitors need a boost, but the old meta of trying to control the thermals was a bit boring amiright?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #109510

Is there literally any reason I'd buy this over a chameleon projector, which lets me hide as literally anything, dodge projectiles, and cancel aggro against mobs?

I mean, you can even buy an ebow with it and still be the unseen killer, a cigarette among the corpses waiting for its next victim.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #109537

YES.

Add thermals back to the places they used to spawn and add cloaks to the uplink. One week trial.
Mime: Depresso
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #109560

Cloak was mass murder personified.

I fucking loved it (on the receiving end) but are our tatorshy sniveling worms ready for station wide annihilation?

If we make traitors actually robust some coder might pull some mental gymnastics after the first time they die and decide to make is a solo antag. Wizard lite anyone?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #109562

Use a chameleon projector.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #109564

Cham projector all it's wonderful properties aside slows you down a lot. It is more a trapdoor spider kind of thing.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #109567

Considering our view range is like 7, I don't know how useful a cloaker that lost effectiveness the closer you were to someone would be.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #109587

If you aren't moving it should make you completely invisible from anything other than point blank, but if you move it just makes you a lot harder to see.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #109610

The cloak device should be used in hand and must be carried in a hand to work. That way it can be counteracted by just knocking the guy over and you can not use two handed weapons. Random taser shots and banana peels.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #109611

I think a Cloaker return might be amusing.

I think the biggest hurdle in handling traitor attitudes is actually convincing people to go lethal, even if given all the tools many people are too used to hiding for hours and not doing much.

I would wager that even if given Pulse Carbine's traitors would still be wary in going loud.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #109622

Steelpoint wrote:I think the biggest hurdle in handling traitor attitudes is actually convincing people to go lethal, even if given all the tools many people are too used to hiding for hours and not doing much.

I would wager that even if given Pulse Carbine's traitors would still be wary in going loud.
If a cloaker were to get in the game and murderous, super-loud traitoring from our more robust players set a new meta, then more players would be inclined to be lethal. It's kind of a problem that solves itself once you fix the symptoms.
I know it's off topic, but I personally think that giving traitors the syndicate headset key by default would do this the fastest. Two isolated traitors are usually very reluctant to do much, but two traitors that have each other's backs are often death incarnate.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #109638

I'm still confused on why people don't just use chameleon projectors for this shit. Did everyone just forget about stupidly robust it is or?
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #109648

cham projectors really are stupidly robust, to the point where i've considered restricting w_class 1 items from them (but MEH).

i mean would this be used any differently from a buffed cham projector?
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #109682

What's the goal here, to encourage murderboners? How about no, murderboners are retarded.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #109685

There's a consensus that traitors need love and that rounds are lacking in lethality.

Think for a moment about our rounds. Malf/Gang War/Rev/Cult/NukeOps/Wizard are often/always absolute bloodbaths. The lethality poll was up either during or shortly after the period where traitor/traitorling/DA made up like 70% of rounds. People are OK with more murderous traitors MisterPerson.

If shit like binary keys and implants are 5-8 TC, you can be damn sure that will be the floor for a cloaker. If cloaker was in the range (aka 8+) where you can't get a revolver too then you have almost no valid balance concerns. If I can sit in maint with thermals and kill you in 2 bullets before you can see me or even react to the shots, trading off the winvolver and thermals for ebow + cloaker does not strike me as a balance issue. If someone shoots you with the ebow you will quickly figure it out and have absolutely 0 problem yelling out your location, source of harm, your favorite foods, where you would like to be buried, and you'll probably get a good look at your attacker anyway because murdering someone with JUST the ebow is horrendously slow, you need some kind of melee weapon to speed up the process and that means you'll have someone shouting your identity/profession/appearance too.

It should also cloak you from the AI cameras (but not borg vision, though that's tempting too since unless you sneak up and flash one in an isolated area you really don't have anything to stop a borg with) for obvious reasons since that's the pretty much exactly why something like this would exist.

I think it's funny that there are any people here who think this might unbalance things. The classic traitor problem of dealing with HarmYeller McDoorBolter is still present here, after a week of cloakers every AI will make it a practice to start bolting doors when someone is yelling HELP!! while down on the ground in an otherwise empty room. Taking the cloaker would also deprive the traitor (presumably it's going to cost 5+ TC) and any means to actually silence their victim while still using a ranged weapon (which means you have to either try to get close with a stunprod before they can react or shoot them from afar and have a plan for them yelling your location out). Like I said before thermals are already essentially a maint cloaker but with huge vision benefits too, and the chameleon projector can let you ambush people with ebows as well and give you a good chance of escaping if the AI doesn't see you disguise on camera.

As one of the station's preeminent murderboners I can say that after trying a couple gimmicky rounds with this, I still wouldn't touch it as currently described. AI power means that anyone on a killing spree HAS to stay off-camera in maint, and at that point thermals are better in virtually every way. I mean genetics already has the ability to unlock a version of cloaking and I have yet to see it used effectively for anything other than stupid pranks.

Off-camera this item will be hard to distinguish from a cham. projector, the use is chiefly against the AI on-camera. If you murdered someone using the cham. projector on camera, the AI can immediately see you as soon as you break form, add you to records, etc. while bolting you in and quickly shouting out whatever disguise you take. A cloak (that keeps you invis. on camera) lets you kill people on-camera and POSSIBLY surviving the ensuing search because the AI will have no idea who you are or where you're hiding. Anything less than a thorough sweep could result in you getting overlooked. There's also the possibility that the victim wont shout about your cloaking and the AI won't deduce it (i.e. this guy has wounds mysteriously appearing all over his body), giving you the chance to zip out scot-free. The other advantage is also movement, Cham. Proj. is clunky because you can't run around with it on, and when it is on you're basically left to camp a single spot. Cloaker (should) let you run about at full speed but appear to anyone (besides AI) as semi-transparent. Walking or standing still should be the only way you obtain that full invis. effect. It will also have an interesting interaction with lights. The cloaker will not be as effective if an area is being illuminated by an invisible light, so in the dark you will either be obvious and able to see or sneaky but blind (and even then it doesn't offer much marginal utility over just hiding in the dark without a cloaker since the average PDA light will probably put them in the same range where they can see past your cloak). It would be really fun to see the AI cut lights to try and save a cloaker victim or at least have the cloaker expose himself as a walking ball of illumination.

At the very least I think this is an interesting idea and there's absolutely no reason it can't be balanced between TC costs and effectiveness (i.e. whether you're completely visible at 1 tile away or 2). If anyone does somehow pull off effective murderboning with this device, it should at least be extremely entertaining.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #109688

the real problem is common radio

also oldman friendly reminder that you can cut cameras with 0 warning to the AI now, and the camera sprite is so tiny that nobody else will notice.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #109692

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:I think the biggest hurdle in handling traitor attitudes is actually convincing people to go lethal, even if given all the tools many people are too used to hiding for hours and not doing much.

If a cloaker were to get in the game and murderous, super-loud traitoring from our more robust players set a new meta, then more players would be inclined to be lethal. It's kind of a problem that solves itself once you fix the symptoms.
I know it's off topic, but I personally think that giving traitors the syndicate headset key by default would do this the fastest. Two isolated traitors are usually very reluctant to do much, but two traitors that have each other's backs are often death incarnate.
That's pretty accurate. When thousands of rounds of had shown our players what happens to loud/ambitious traitors, who is going to bother to try and do something similar with a fraction of the experience and understanding. Most loud traitors nowadays do it out of ignorance of how powerless they are as opposed to making an informed and calculated approach to loud traitoring (where your choices become pathetically limited).

Traitors have acquired a futility syndrome where unless you're using atmos/toxins/engine to ruin the station, you have no real chance of conducting overt acts of hostility that don't involve a revolver. Meanwhile robust players like Tim Ebow just turn off traitor/ling because it's not fun to play as a flaccid antag that everyone gets to hunt down. That gives it sort of a spiral of death where losing robust antag players means there are less antags who can pose enough of a threat to distract security from your own antagonism, which in turn means that antagonizing the station becomes less appealing and other traitors have even less chaos to conceal their behavior, and on and on.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #109696

traitors havent really caught much in the way of nerfs, though?

parapen+c4 was removed but thats hardly a murderboner tactic as both items were single-use.

the ebow has gotten a buff if nothing else, and the AI has always been omniscient.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #109698

Miauw wrote:the real problem is common radio

also oldman friendly reminder that you can cut cameras with 0 warning to the AI now, and the camera sprite is so tiny that nobody else will notice.
And that has been a god-send for many antags, but outside of a team environment the impact is more limited. As a traitor you have to create your own opportunities. The access you want, the station equipment you need, the targets you have, those are all very unlikely to come to you. For most jobs you have a very narrow area of influence where someone either won't see you cutting cameras or won't report you to security/AI for cutting them.

If my target is chilling in the chapel its simply not an option for me to run around cutting all his cameras before shooting him in the face. I'd say the ability to effectively control camera vision and use it to your advantage as a solo antag is a rare skill. You have to do it in such a way that isn't going to backfire (e.g. the AI wouldn't give 2 shits about you standing in chapel waiting to ambush your target, but it would notice all the cameras cut and send sec/borgs to check it out, and you end up spilling all your spaghetti when a patrol rolls up as you're ventilating the chaplain), or be ineffective (e.g. cutting the camera next to you without realizing that there's one 5 tiles above you that can still see what you're doing). It's also inherently risky because if the AI does happen to witness an area go static and know that its sabotage, you are going to get searched when you otherwise wouldn't and brigged or perma'd/executed depending on what security finds (this goes back to the dept. radio issue, you won't know if AI sees you cutting cameras until you've got a SWAT team charging into your room). Losing a round this way is extremely frustrating because you've been punished for trying to take extra preparation/security in your antagonism. The idiot who goes loud on camera with no forethought at least gets the satisfaction of a kill or two before getting dunked, your dumb ass didn't even get to antagonize and now you're naked in perma, so yea... cam cutting is not anywhere close to a universal solution for HarmYeller McDoorBolter.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #109700

Miauw wrote:traitors havent really caught much in the way of nerfs, though?

parapen+c4 was removed but thats hardly a murderboner tactic as both items were single-use.

the ebow has gotten a buff if nothing else, and the AI has always been omniscient.
Ratios were a HUGE one. See my first post in this thread about chaos. Cutting traitor numbers altered them from a "slow decay into being uninteresting and underpowered" into a rapid descent into the spiral of death.

The tl;dr version is less chaos = much greater chance of "chaotic" acts getting fully investigated and you getting caught = less motivation to commit "chaotic" acts = less chaos (which is awful because the best options for chaos as traitor are actually the kind of activity that goes just a little too far by making the station downright lethal through atmos/sing/toxins, so you have this stupid choice of either killing everyone with minimal effort or tryharding just to be more than a minor inconvenience to a few crewmembers). Parapen+C4 was useful because it let even the least robust traitor inject chaos into a round by allowing them to take out a head/security and use that access to further antagonize. I said as much when parapens were removed and I think that history has proven that belief, anyone who doesn't live/eat/breathe SS13 is going to greatly struggle to actually present themselves as a serious threat when playing traitor/ling (for the same reasons relating to parasting).

Ebow was not a buff, calling it a sidegrade is still being extremely generous. It also REALLLLY needs to just have a slow rate of fire and not this insanely unintuitive manual reload. Most of the traitor nerfs have come through other changes that didn't focus on traitors but still disproportionately screwed with them. Slower movement speed, introduction of flashbangs, AoE flash blind, removal of traitorsec, AI default dept. radio, etc...

Edit: Lastly back on topic, anyone who compares this to cloakers of old is an idiot, i.e. there's no more eswording people in the face while they still can't even see what's killing them.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #109714

If we do return cloakers can we make them a var like ventcrawling is for mobs

It'd be neat to set it for custom pieces of clothing, I mean, we could have actual invisibility cloaks.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #110001

I'm fairly sure that somebody (either Kor or Ikky) increased the traitor amounts to 1/5 or something like that. Maybe make a thread in policy discussion or something to get some hard numbers on what the amounts are and what you want them to be, it's being mentioned everywhere but in such a "by the way" manner that it's hard to really DISCUSS.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #110082

I think the best way to implement this would be a stealth jumpsuit/face concealing mask/special white glove combo/tool-belt. the best balance i can think of is that it should not allow you to carry much on your person(two pockets and maybe a belt-full of tools). that combined with limitations on how you can interact with objects(best i have seen for this is only being able to interact with objects on the same tile while invisible, cloaking makes you invisible not silent, only size 1 or 2 objects in the hand, etc.) and lets say a 15 second delay or re-cloaking and price balancing should cut down on horrendous abuse of it for murder(do your part to prevent ninja lite - price out cloaker, ebow, esword,).
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #110155

MisterPerson wrote:What's the goal here, to encourage murderboners? How about no, murderboners are retarded.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #110185

Murderboners are retarded. Then again, I come from Basil, which is lowpop as fuck.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #110282

As the man who got cloakers removed I say no they should not be available to players, admin only maybe.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #110284

Tsaricide wrote:As the man who got cloakers removed I say no they should not be available to players, admin only maybe.
The cloakers we're discussing here don't remotely resemble the cloakers of old.

Your sentence might as well be, "As the person who coded the new viruses, I say that engineering should not have RCD's in their vending machine".
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #110305

So the goal here is to allow people to sneak into a department to get the kill/theft/whatever? Sure, yeah we need more stuff to encourage that.

Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #110306

MisterPerson wrote:So the goal here is to allow people to sneak into a department to get the kill/theft/whatever? Sure, yeah we need more stuff to encourage that.
and kill people on camera, people who yell HELP on camera, and maybe... just maybe... the killer won't get bolted in/shouted out by AI/etc.

Unless we make the cloaker visible on camera in which case it better be a super cheap item or else it will end up in "Foam Force" tier of syndicate gear.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #110308

I dunno, as you said yourself, the cloak isn't going to do much to enable an immediate escape since AI's will start to assume that people suddenly bleeding on the ground = cloakers = bolt all the doors.

And being invisible on camera is already taken up by the agent card.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #110329

MisterPerson wrote:I dunno, as you said yourself, the cloak isn't going to do much to enable an immediate escape since AI's will start to assume that people suddenly bleeding on the ground = cloakers = bolt all the doors.

And being invisible on camera is already taken up by the agent card.
Agent cards do not do this. They block AI tracking.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #110362

I wouldn't mind digital camo but I would be very against making Agent IDs making you invisible on camera. Nuke OPs get them by default (And they need more nerfs not buffs) and they're only 3 TC for traitors to get and the IDs are only meant for disguises+stealing access+avoiding Beepsky (You're pretty much ignored by securitrons with an Agent ID, even if you have a gun out and guncheck is on. Unless it's an emagged Beepsky) - Not trolling the AI who will have no way of finding you outside of your effect on the environment.
Besides, Agent IDs already make you hard to find for an AI since it has to manually search everywhere you might be to find you. And now you can reforge them too so you can just hop into maint, switch out clothes, reforge the name, cover your face and now the AI has completely lost you