Changing some Gamemode weights

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Changing some Gamemode weights

Post by Scones » #110357

These are the current gamemode % chances for selection
traitor 17.4%
nuclear 10.9%
gang 10.9%
traitorchan 10.9%
wizard 10.9%
blob 6.5%
double_agents 6.5%
cult 6.5%
malfunction 6.5%
revolution 6.5%
shadowling 6.5%
I think the rotation should be improved a bit but I know my opinion on gamemodes is highly subjective considering they effect different players in different ways. What gamemodes would you like moved up/down in the rotation?

I personally think wizard should be thrown down to 6.5% with the other "rare/solo" antags (Blob, Shadowling, Malfunction), 10.9 is a lot of wizards and I've gotten really burnt on the gamemode. Reduce gang and increase rev so they are of equal probability: It's dissapointing how many people I've seen just NOT want to play gang rounds, and it's highly weighted (as I recall) because Ikarrus has remote and wanted his gamemode tested a lot. Rev isn't seen nearly enough, it's so fucking rare.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Re: Changing some Gamemode weights

Post by Cik » #110367

bump rev, lower wizard

wizard in it's current state really isn't that fun for most people besides the wizard and maybe security.

if you're anybody else it's mostly pointless because you don't really have any tools to beat or chase the wizard and there's no reason to do your job because it'll be over in 20 minutes on average, sometimes less.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #110368

it's highly weighted (as I recall) because Ikarrus has remote and wanted his gamemode tested a lot
What.

I never asked for it. Headmins just like the game mode. I barely even have time for SS13 these days; there's no testing going on.

I'm not even supposed to touch the config without going through headmins first.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Patchouli
Byond Username: Eredale

Post by Patchouli » #110386

Okay, here's some stuff:

- Bump Shadowling up a bit, to like 8%. Xhuis has been reworking it lately and having it tested would be beneficial to that.
- Bump gang down to 6.5%. The current state of gang is pretty much Rev except the revs eventually get guns without having to break into the armory, and cannot be deconverted. Much more dangerous than rev, so should be more rare.
- Bump wizard down to 6.5% ESPECIALLY until Kor removes the multiverse sword from it, self-explanatory.
- Bump Rev up to 8%, it's too rare right now, yes.

Also, would it be possible to include abductors into the normal rotation? I've only seen positive responses to abductors being in a round, even if they didn't do much. Plus, the abductee objectives are hilarious and the whole mode promotes roleplay over murderkilling.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #110400

Abductors are currently broken, apparently. The experimentation machine does not seem to recognise implanted glands.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #110406

Abductors function terribly without other antags.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #110413

wizard should go down, rest is fine with me.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #110416

Wizard is now at 4 (down from 5), rev is now up at 4 (from 3).

I'll try and put more thought into it and tweak it later but I keep looking at all our game modes and thinking "jesus I really don't want to play that more often" and then realizing if we're not playing that we're playing 5 man traitor with 50 people.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #110421

If there are actually 50 people playing, there should be 7 traitors. That's 14% of the population.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #110426

Wizard should be rare, blob should be ultra rare.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #110440

How about extended? That's a gamemode, isn't it?
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #110456

I don't agree with those saying less gang. It's a fun and surprisingly well balanced game mode. A better sort of revolution.

I wouldn't mind seeing double agent bumped up a little to see if the changes have had a big effect or not.

A little more shadowling might be fun to try, it seems there are barely any rounds with those.

Blob, malf, and cult seem about right at the moment.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #110471

traitor 17.4%
traitorchan 10.9%
double_agents 6.5%
These are functionally the same game-mode. Can we please reduce their frequency to something like 1 in 4 instead of 1 in 3?
Mime: Depresso
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #110478

What if you made each gamemode chance equal? And remove blob?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #110508

Blob 81.08% please

Being serious traitor chan and traitor need to be equalized to match other game modes we are a bit past having them as vanilla and they definitely are not the "best" unless you are the sort of fellow who wants any varied game play removed.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #110520

Basil needs some gamemode weight changing too, now that there's finally enough average players to play 20+ modes.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #110563

Scones wrote:These are the current gamemode % chances for selection
traitor 17.4%
nuclear 10.9%
gang 10.9%
traitorchan 10.9%
wizard 10.9%
blob 6.5%
double_agents 6.5%
cult 6.5%
malfunction 6.5%
revolution 6.5%
shadowling 6.5%
I like common gang, and I feel that plenty of others do too. It's one of the most well-designed and fun gamemodes at the moment, while traitor/traitorchan aka pseudoextended is the least. Wizard should be less common, on par with bleb, because it's a solo antag. Nuke ops are fun for all, so keep them common. Make revolution and cult more common, since I very very rarely see a rev or cult round these days and they're somewhat fun gamemodes. The rest is fine, though traitor can be made markedly less common since it's the worst gamemode at the moment, and traitor/traitorchan are basically the same thing, and DA as well, though it's ironically become being one of the few 'fun' traitor modes at the moment since things actually happen.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #110585

I personally would like to see a few more Shadowling and Rev rounds, I have been missing very many of them. The three traitor variants (DA, traitor, traitorchan) combined are too common in my opinion. A little more cult would be nice, as well. While I personally would like to see a little more Malf and Blob, I fear I am in the minority for those modes.

I am also in the minority when I say that we should fix and reintroduce Monkey mode at the lowest rating, as well as Meteor once we are de-lagged.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #110602

Gun Hog wrote:as well as Meteor once we are de-lagged.
See you in 2050.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #110619

Monkey mode isn't broken, I fixed that code a while ago.

It does need balancing though, it's too hard for the monkeys to WIN these days, which is an amazing reversal from how things have been for the majority of monkey modes existence.

Fun fact: before I fixed it monkey mode always reported that the monkeys won, even if they didn't. For years no one noticed this because the monkeys seemingly always won anyways.

---

I'm fine with the current wizmode nerf, but I wouldn't want it to go any rarer. One of the reasons it seemed hyper common on paper was the fact that it also happened to usually resolve very quickly, so the "time spent playing wizard" was fairly low, even at high percentages.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #110635

Incoming wrote:One of the reasons it seemed hyper common on paper was the fact that it also happened to usually resolve very quickly, so the "time spent playing wizard" was fairly low, even at high percentages.
See, I'd be fine with a 10% wizmode if we didn't have mulligan. It's why it wasn't unbearable in the past since the rounds were fast, furious and usually ended quickly unless the wizard did something fucktarded like passive mindswap or 'friendly' wizard. Mulliganing into traitorxtended or not at all (if the shuttle is called) just extends the round with below-average antagonists, or results in everyone sitting around with thumbs up their asses for 16 minutes FNR.