Mech ejection seat

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Mech ejection seat

Post by Supermichael777 » #119589

Basically what I'm thinking of is an attachment that shoots you in the opposite direction of your facing when your mech drops below a certain hull integrity, bowling over anyone standing in your way. however more complex features could also be incorporated such as:

making your mech explode after you eject(manual trigger only) ILLEGAL TECH
a adjustable version that lets you adjust the damage threshold.
an additional distance version that launches you three times the distance.
a version that automatically unbuckles you once you land.
a version that acts as a temporary jet-pack(cant be filled in canisters)
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Malkevin

Re: Mech ejection seat

Post by Malkevin » #119590

This would only make sense if it splatters you against the wall.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119616

Agreed, you should take 100/(tiles traversed*10) damage when you hit the wall, in addition to standard 20 brute for being thrown.
That way ejecting straight into a wall is DED, but ejecting 4 tiles down the corridor is just a massive brute.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #119623

Supermichael777 wrote:making your mech explode after you eject(manual trigger only) ILLEGAL TECH
[youtube]L9TD_pQ3Pno[/youtube]

It needs to play the titanfall soundclips pls pls pls.
I play Boris Pepper.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #119675

That part of the whole idea, where if you get ejected too fast you smash into a wall and die/gib...add the same effected when you emag a mass driver and make it so you can construct/order/wrench them. Stun a poor sod and a simple button press will send them beamed against a supermatter shard/rwall and they get fucked up.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #119897

Malkevin wrote:This would only make sense if it splatters you against the wall.
this reminded me of how much i want the goonstation clown cars on /tg/

also i agree with the ideas ITT, sounds like it'd be a nice panic button for when (if) sec remembers they have ion rifles