Remake Changeling into Shapeshifter

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Remake Changeling into Shapeshifter

Post by Zaffre » #119711

Basically Chameleon Projector: The Game.

The shapeshifter can transform into to anything around them (that you can pick up). You would be able to do this in the 'Shapeshifter' tab which would have all the items that you can turn into within a certain radius. You can also shift into other humans etc but maybe for balancing reasons you have to either extract their DNA changing style or inject it via DNA injector from Genetics (and you could store say 5 humans to turn to at any time). For weapons your arms could transform into something that you have picked up like an axe, knife or crowbar (which could also function as a crowbar). Only melee weapons should be allowed and have a max of 3 weapons you can store at any one time?

Shapeshifting would cost energy which would regenerate over time. Changing into a human would cost the most, then changing into anything else costing less and shifting weapons even less.

Objectives would be pretty much the same as traitor but maybe you could have 'Extract X organ from Y' or something. You could shift your weapons to be surgical tools to do it.

To make it more interesting / make it a bit more like ling you could choose starting loadouts like: Toolbox loadout which allows you to shift your arms into all the tools + 3 other, Surgical which would be for surgical tools, one for buffs which would make your energy regen faster or have a bigger energy pool etc.

What do you guys think? Is it even plausible? How would you balance it? Most importantly, will it be fun?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: Remake Changeling into Shapeshifter

Post by Xhuis » #119713

The morph is already very much like this.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #119734

Changeling needs to be made into clothesling.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #119759

Make it into The Thing or Mush or something. That way:

* People aren't taken out of the round anymore.
* It instills fear and paranoia, as no one can be trusted. You know, the entire goal of the antag which doesn't exist anymore. Freezing Spiderbreeders aren't scary.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #119787

Xhuis wrote:The morph is already very much like this.
agreed, but morph seems to happen very little compared to lings. what's the chance ratio for them anyway?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119819

Deitus wrote:
Xhuis wrote:The morph is already very much like this.
agreed, but morph seems to happen very little compared to lings. what's the chance ratio for them anyway?
I think the event is weight 30, minimum time half an hour.

Lings should work more like morphs.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #119843

If changelings were just flat out replaced with equivalent numbers of morphs now that would be a wild ride.