Buffing The Laser Rifle

A place to record your ideas for the game.

How should the Laser Rifle be buffed, if at all?

Increase Its Damage
34%
Increase Its Ammo Capacity
38%
Increase Its Damage AND Ammo Capacity
10%
It Does Not Need A Buff
14%
Abstain
3%

Total votes: 29

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Buffing The Laser Rifle

Post by Steelpoint » #120073

My proposal here is to buff the Laser Rifle in some capacity to be more competitive to take over a Energy Gun, as well as offer a little more bang for your back to the Auto Rifle.

While there are many ways to buff the Laser Rifle, my initial proposal is to buff the Laser Rifle to hold 16 or 20 rounds.

Currently the Laser Rifle holds 12 rounds and deals 20 burn damage per laser round.

Also this buff would only target the Laser Rifle, the Energy Gun, Captain's Antique Laser and the Head of Security's Laser would not have their ammo nor damage touched, unless people specifically want that.

What do you think is a good buff? Vote as well for a general opinion.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Buffing The Laser Rifle

Post by Scones » #120074

Just make it do 25

Here's the catch regarding the laser: It already tears up blobs like a motherfucker, but it's pretty paltry against current ling armor + nuke armor. It's a weird tradeoff - One must suffer so another may prosper.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120076

Ops get about 40 laser defence, ling armour has about 70 laser defence (last time I checked).

Last time I checked the basic blob bits had about 21 health, but they have some inbuilt defence so it takes a few laser shots to kill the blob bits.

Its all a balancing act.
Spoiler:
I could just buff the laser to deal 60 damage but increase all armour to have about 60 to 70 laser defence. So against unarmoured people its very lethal but against security/captain/antagonists the shots only deal 24ish damage per round. Ehhhhhhhhhh
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #120079

>60 damager laser
Welcome to Baystation12!
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120080

That's why I think buffing the ammo might be better than buffing the damage, increasing damage might make things a big iffy but ammo is easier to take into account and still gives a good reason to use a laser rifle over a egun.
DemonFiren wrote:>60 damager laser
Welcome to Baystation12!
No I'm basing that shitty suggestion off of Goonstation, their default lasers deal 75 damage per round. But their armour offers great protection against ranged attacks (unless someone is using AP ammo, then your fucked).
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #120081

Scones wrote:Just make it do 25

Here's the catch regarding the laser: It already tears up blobs like a motherfucker, but it's pretty paltry against current ling armor + nuke armor. It's a weird tradeoff - One must suffer so another may prosper.
This is why I nerfed armor instead of buffing weapons. You can't buff shit like lasers unless you want 4 shot crits against unarmored crew. It already crits people before they can scream if you tase/laser them.

However with all the laser resist antags have (reflect, high armour against it) it's poor against them.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #120082

Kor wrote:
Scones wrote:Just make it do 25

This is why I nerfed armor instead of buffing weapons. You can't buff shit like lasers unless you want 4 shot crits against unarmored crew. It already crits people before they can scream if you tase/laser them.

However with all the laser resist antags have (reflect, high armour against it) it's poor against them.

Anyway, do lasers really need to be buffed now? I understand the autorifle has rendered them obsolete for the most part, but you should either have buffed lasers or autorifles, not both, or else you're gonna have effectively 7 autorifles in the armory.
Steelpoint wrote: I could just buff the laser to deal 60 damage but increase all armour to have about 60 to 70 laser defence. So against unarmoured people its very lethal but against security/captain/antagonists the shots only deal 24ish damage per round. Ehhhhhhhhhh
I don't even know what to say about this.
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scones

Post by Scones » #120083

Yeah I don't see why you'd want to specifically change the armory ones but not the others when we just got the rifles to help with those laser-resistant targets
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #120086

DemonFiren wrote:>60 damager laser
Welcome to Baystation12!
This is shitposting. Cut it out. Give some sort of reasoning to back up your points.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120087

What do you mean by that Scones?

Also the 60 damage suggestion was just off the cuff, I don't intend to bloody make lasers deal 60 damage, not with how our crit and armour system works. It works on goon due to their players being much harder to kill (health wise, their crit is more soft cap) and that their armour is more unique than ours.
Scones

Post by Scones » #120089

I mean why buff armory equipment when we just got NEW stuff that was supposed to override the weak points of said equipment
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120090

I just want to make sure that the difference between a Laser and a Rifle is not in that the Rifle is 100% better than the laser in all circumstances.

Ideally the only time the Rifle is better than the Laser should be against Nuke Ops using shields, and vice versa Lasers being deadly against the Blob and Aliens.

EDIT: By that I mean a case where people think why take a X over Y. The guns themselves have their own advantages and disadvantages that help lend themselves better in some minor ways in certain situations but you should only get cases of needing to absolutely take X over Y when facing a very specific enemy/antagonist.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #120092

Steelpoint wrote:I just want to make sure that the difference between a Laser and a Rifle is not in that the Rifle is 100% better than the laser in all circumstances.

Ideally the only time the Rifle is better than the Laser should be against Nuke Ops using shields, and vice versa Lasers being deadly against the Blob and Aliens.

EDIT: By that I mean a case where people think why take a X over Y. The guns themselves have their own advantages and disadvantages that help lend themselves better in some minor ways in certain situations but you should only get cases of needing to absolutely take X over Y when facing a very specific enemy/antagonist.
That's what we call power creep. See: SABR.

Laser should have high capacity though - not more damage. Being able to crit someone with less hits is a significant change.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #120093

But buffing laser rifle is forbidden!
lumipharon wrote: That's what we call power creep. See: SABR.

Laser should have high capacity though - not more damage. Being able to crit someone with less hits is a significant change.
We should be less afraid of power creep with open source development we can just change the power creep back with no cut off point like most commercial titles.

Now where power creep really does fester is traditional games like card games, mtg will always need to tip toe around artifacts because of blocks like urza and mirrodin totally broke the synergy of them, but then hey you could always start with broken shit like moxen.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120098

Also I should mention that if people overwhelming dislike the auto rifle PR its likely I won't go ahead with any laser rifle buff, if anything at all.

Also if you are voting for a ammo or damage increase please state what you think would be a good value.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120100

Incomptinence wrote:But buffing laser rifle is forbidden!

We should be less afraid of power creep with open source development we can just change the power creep back with no cut off point like most commercial titles.

Now where power creep really does fester is traditional games like card games, mtg will always need to tip toe around artifacts because of blocks like urza and mirrodin totally broke the synergy of them, but then hey you could always start with broken shit like moxen.
If /tg/ coding has shown me anything, it's how unpopular changes can stay indefinitely in the code.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #120102

Some of those unpopular changes eventually get slowly eaten away once their protective parent eventually bores and leaves them behind. I like to hope.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120103

I've proven difficult to bore away, the only reason I dropped the armour value issue was when I was banned from Github.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #120104

Wouldn't really say dropped since you're inching armour back up in response to complaints that your guns are too strong and suggested (jokingly?) massively buffing laser damage and armor against laser. An arms race against yourself or something.

Speaking of arms races, I feel like this whole thing is spiralling out of control. Sec had a problem against reflect mobs (juggernauts/eshields) and instead of addressing those individually we now have autorifles, buffed sabrs, buffed armor, proposed lasergun buffs, proposed armor buffs for the proposed laser buffs, a remapped armory, proposed juggernaut buffs, proposed blob buffs for the proposed laser buffs, several antag types that have serious issues dealing with autorifles, and so on and so forth. You're creating a massive amount of work for yourself.

It doesn't make any sense to rip up years of balance and meta around sec having X weapons that do X damage because of a couple of outliers or to justify autorifles at their current power level. It's just going to be a cascade of balance issues the more you poke at it. I'd rather have auto-rifles stay as is and lasers feel lacklustre than continue further down this path honestly.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120107

Kor wrote:Wouldn't really say dropped since you're inching armour back up in response to complaints that your guns are too strong and suggested (jokingly?) massively buffing laser damage and armor against laser. An arms race against yourself or something.

Speaking of arms races, I feel like this whole thing is spiralling out of control. Sec had a problem against reflect mobs (juggernauts/eshields) and instead of addressing those individually we now have autorifles, buffed sabrs, buffed armor, proposed lasergun buffs, proposed armor buffs for the proposed laser buffs, a remapped armory, proposed juggernaut buffs, proposed blob buffs for the proposed laser buffs, several antag types that have serious issues dealing with autorifles, and so on and so forth. You're creating a massive amount of work for yourself.

It doesn't make any sense to rip up years of balance and meta around sec having X weapons that do X damage because of a couple of outliers or to justify autorifles at their current power level. It's just going to be a cascade of balance issues the more you poke at it. I'd rather have auto-rifles stay as is and lasers feel lacklustre than continue further down this path honestly.
Or have no autorifles atall and buff lasers because we're playing a goofy space game
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120117

I've already explained that the ballistic rifles are meant to shore up for the area's that lasers and other energy weapons lack in.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #120119

I would buff the whole laser family to 25 damage and increase shots to 16. Also increase the amount of charges the laser cannon has by a bit.

It would be one more alternative to the endless stun and cuff we see now.

A taser will STILL be scarier than a laser rifle after this, but a least the laser rifle wouldn't shoot wet farts anymore.

This makes acquiring weapons a more valid options and makes it more desirable to obtain them both for security and antags.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120126

Steelpoint wrote:I've already explained that the ballistic rifles are meant to shore up for the area's that lasers and other energy weapons lack in.
But the areas that e-weapons lack in have been carefully (or at least, piecemeal) designed and balanced around the idea that that's what security have. It's like saying "People can thermite walls to get into important places, so important places all now have a thermite-proof layer on the walls"
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120128

Except as I explained the "balancing" got to the point where every single piece of sec equipment, barring the stun baton, was worthless against certain antagonists.

The Auto Rifle shores up this by giving security some flexibility in doing this, but not in a way to utterly make these defences irrelevant.

Despite some belief Officers don't carry around Auto Rifles as standard issue, and it takes time to issue the rifles out.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120134

>got to the point

Nuke ops have been immune to flashbangs since the original stun changes.
They've had access to e-shields since before I started playing.

Traitors only have the sword, which they've again, had access to since like, forever. They have a worse then 50/50 chance against melee stuns, can get disarmed, flashed, flashbanged, peppersprayed etc.

Juggernauts are SLOW FUCKS. Reflect lets them slow down plebs who eat reflected shots instead of dodging, and still aren't a threat unless you get cornered, or there is a bunch of them.
The only issue with (or was, dunno) juggs in the minimum damage req to hurt it, meaning regular crew literally can't do shit.
But before that, you could just dunk them with floor tiles.

So how has the server dealt with these threats for literally years without issue?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120137

Changes to game play take a long time to actually become more widely adopted by players.

Energy Swords as a issue don't really have as much relevane since most traitors don't waste their few TC's on what is essentially a gimmick weapon.

The Energy Shield on the other hand has become way more prevalent for Nuke Ops, maybe its a issue that no one in the past has ever really wanted to bring up.

Normally I would be willing to let it slide under the whole 'fluke ops gonna fluke' but when you have hard statistics and game play testimonies which show as clear as day that Ops painfully win 70% to 100% of sub-50 player rounds while they only win less than 20% of rounds past 50 people that there's a clear problem that is not just fluke ops.

I mean hell, I just watched a Op round where the Operatives were the very definition of the word fluke, yet somehow they managed to storm the brig, kill the Captain and get the disk. Sure three of them were too dumb to live and failed to get back to the shuttle in time to evac but I digress.

The issue with Ops is multi pronged, you have bad operatives, a lack or over-abundance of station personal and the station's (read: security's) inability to deal with operatives outside of human wave attacks or fluke ops.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120146

I dont think you can bring up the "On lowpop they steamroll the crew and on highpop the crew steamrollers them" as reasoning to give the crew a FUCK YOUR 18TC EXPENDITURE IVE GOT A FREE CR20 set of guns.
Unless you think the problem is that it's inconsistant that sometimes the win and sometimes they lose.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #120181

Steelpoint wrote:I've already explained that the ballistic rifles are meant to shore up for the area's that lasers and other energy weapons lack in.
I understand that.

The tl;dr of what I said was that it makes more sense to nerf e-shields than to go the route you're going right now.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #120200

The real problem with nuke ops is that whether they win is consistent.
Players can and will create their own fun.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #120205

More ops are brought down by banana peels than laser fire anyway.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120255

You keep citing nuke ops POPULATION BASED WIN RATES as evidence for why e-shield are OP pls nerf.

Does this not strike you as completely and utterly insane, not to mention utterly irrelevent?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #120262

Buffing damage doesn't seem very fun.

How about make it use power pack magazines, that you can swap, and recharge. Recharge not only in charger (perhaps the battery charger not the weapon charger, to not make it op), but also by just putting it out in sunlight (albeit it would be slow). Imperial Lasgun style.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #120264

lol

that is all
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #120268

Lumbermancer wrote:Buffing damage doesn't seem very fun.

How about make it use power pack magazines, that you can swap, and recharge. Recharge not only in charger (perhaps the battery charger not the weapon charger, to not make it op), but also by just putting it out in sunlight (albeit it would be slow). Imperial Lasgun style.
I've already coded rechargeable magazines, just trying to sort out a weird bug them leaving bullet casings behind (despite being a caseless bullet type?) and making some ugly coder sprites and they'll be ready for a PR.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120272

Steelpoint wrote:Ops get about 40 laser defence, ling armour has about 70 laser defence (last time I checked).

Last time I checked the basic blob bits had about 21 health, but they have some inbuilt defence so it takes a few laser shots to kill the blob bits.

Its all a balancing act.
Spoiler:
I could just buff the laser to deal 60 damage but increase all armour to have about 60 to 70 laser defence. So against unarmoured people its very lethal but against security/captain/antagonists the shots only deal 24ish damage per round. Ehhhhhhhhhh
ohoho this is the worst idea i've ever heard
i know we want to make the game more lethal but god damn dude
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #120290

Kor wrote:I've already coded rechargeable magazines, just trying to sort out a weird bug them leaving bullet casings behind (despite being a caseless bullet type?) and making some ugly coder sprites and they'll be ready for a PR.

Cool cool. I'm of an opinion that variety and uniqueness is better than simply difference on power scale.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #120616

Well if Kor is able to set up a system allowing just Laser Rifles to be reloadable then I don't see a reason to rush in a buff PR.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #120678

I'm not seeing how we justify the guns in the firstplace. Unlike Tatortots where you have to choose via TC how you play [which usually has HARD counters], a sec officer can have both a rifle and a laser meme and now they're just powerplayers all around. Ballistics, as of now, have no hard counters [because they were never meant to be given straight off the bat in troves at roundstart].

Weren't you an advocate for giving conflict to Traitor rounds? How do you justify these guns [and then buffing ALL OF THESE GUNS] when Traitors can no longer spend TC on FUN because they're too busy trying to counter sec-play [which they can't because bullets unfortunately don't just explode in their magazine when you EMP it]. People are just going to avoid sec altogether which takes the entire fun out of sec.

I'm astounded that despite very clear negative feedback, especially given that the author had an issue with someone else who refused to listen to public opinion and merged X anyways, this gun pull and all things related to it have stayed as long as they have [although this is similar with other pulls]. It's a HUGE BUFF TO SEC, "countered" with even LARGER BUFFS to Sec, and is clearly pulling the balance towards the Reds. I tried not to fall for the singuloth meme of "Oh Steelpoint buffing sec again" but this whole thing is one big megabuff to Sec that no one wants to admit.

Playing nerf roulette with any item that is a gun and/or blocks guns is a really odd way of saying "revert".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #120867

Let traitors buy armor with no slowdown that's camofladged.
Normally I'd ask admins for this but no one seems to want to do :'[
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #120870

If the justification for buffing every bloody weapon sec has access to is 'we'll let one type of antag buy armour', you're seriously doing it wrong.
A: Not all antags have access to armour
B: Not all antags that HAVE access to armour want or can afford it.

And then we get the other thread where justifying armour buffs is adding AP ammo...

I mean seriously, what the fuck is this if not powercreep?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #120879

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #120897

lumipharon wrote:If the justification for buffing every bloody weapon sec has access to is 'we'll let one type of antag buy armour', you're seriously doing it wrong.

And then we get the other thread where justifying armour buffs is adding AP ammo...

Not every buff is power creep. A banana peel is probably more menacing than a laser gun currently.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120913

CPTANT wrote:
lumipharon wrote:If the justification for buffing every bloody weapon sec has access to is 'we'll let one type of antag buy armour', you're seriously doing it wrong.

Not every buff is power creep. A banana peel is probably more menacing than a laser gun currently.
And it still will be, pretty much
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #120918

I'd take a screwdriver over a laser rifle right now.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120920

Tornadium wrote:I'd take a screwdriver over a laser rifle right now.
Sure, I'll take the laser rifle and kill you in five shots from range while you try and spazz close enough to a moving target to get the four stabs needed to eyestab stun.

Oh wait anyone who has a laser rifle or equivalent also has sunglasses so your 7 brute weapon is pointless.

Oh, wait, that was just the usual retarded tornadium hyperbole.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #120932

He has a point, our current laser weapons are some of the worst ranged weapons in the game, barring super heat vulnerable foes like xenos. And against them the mass producable flamethrowers are better
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #120936

The trade-off with laser guns is that they can be recharged at any weapon charger, while ballistic guns need new ammo clips. Yes I know you can recycle a lot of ammo at an autolathe, but it's still more involved than just plopping the gun into a charger until it blinks yellow.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #120949

Ricotez wrote:The trade-off with laser guns is that they can be recharged at any weapon charger, while ballistic guns need new ammo clips. Yes I know you can recycle a lot of ammo at an autolathe, but it's still more involved than just plopping the gun into a charger until it blinks yellow.
Ammo clips is an advantage, not a disadvantage. If I get an smg I just print 10 magazines put them in a box and never worry about running out again. Stetchkin ammo is also dirt cheap. The only weapon for which ammo is an issue is the revolver. With lasers I have to either carry around a shitton of guns or get back to a recharger with power and wait for ages for it to recharge.