Valhalla. Away missions+post death content

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Valhalla. Away missions+post death content

Post by Helios » #120752

After dying 20 minutes into a 1 hour and 50 minute round, I was trying to think of what post death content could make sense/kill time while not interfering with the round.

What about adding a respawn verb called "valhalla" or something else, which when clicked after dying, respawns you on a centcomm z-level, where you can hang out and do away missions with other stuff.
To not add additional admin strain/have someone kill everyone else on that level, have it so if you die there, you can just press the "valhalla" button and respawn again.
It just has to be not so interesting that people would die intentionally so they could go to valhalla.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: Valhalla. Away missions+post death content

Post by Thunder11 » #120760

I can already tell the old "but it encourages players to not be in the round" complaint is gonna come back, I might as well counter it now. IIRC the same thing was said about drones, and it never happened there, apart from the first week or so of novelty. Every new feature will be hugely overused when it's first added, but some basic entertainment for the dead still won't be as interesting as the station itself, so I don't see players observing to go to Valhalla every single round.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #120764

It should have a hub that's just a fancy cloudy bar. Players could pretty much just do what they'd normally do at a bar, but with the benifits of being a ghost (Barfights without an end, drink, redecorate, be aggressively autistic at one another, roleplay bein' a spooky ghost, complain about the living). Make it so if the Chaplain dies they get some special powers while they're there.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #120825

Fun fact - we already have a Valhalla, a Centcom bar that admins are supposed to spawn you at on request. However, it has been so long since that policy (several years) that it's been completely forgotten, and I get the textual equivalent of blank looks whenever I bring it up.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #120868

I think this is going to lessen the impacts of death ingame. which isn't that good.
Also, people who die need to go have fun IRL untill the next round and not have a bar fight with ghost plates.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #121001

Sounds like an awesome idea to be honest. At least you can do something and no just wait forever.
kevinz000 wrote:I think this is going to lessen the impacts of death ingame. which isn't that good.
What is the impact of death anyway? Not like going to this ghost bar will change anything about the round
ClumsyAlcoholic
Byond Username: ClumsyAlcoholic

Post by ClumsyAlcoholic » #121559

WITNESS ME!!
But seriously, this needs to happen.
MOSIN BOY HERE
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #121592

i completely agree with this, few things are more annoying that getting husked and spaced 5 minutes into a round only to have to wait >1 hour for the shuttle to be called/recalled/called/recalled for another half hour
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #121593

dupe thread
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #121594

If I had a nickel for every "VALLHALLA OR GHOST BAR" thread to ever exist on ss13 forums I'd probably have like 50 cents.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz