Firebot+Airbot

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Firebot+Airbot

Post by Helios » #121722

How about we add 2 new bot types.
Fire bots made out of fire extinguishers+ stuff that try to put out fires.
Air bots made out of oxygen tanks+stuff that replace air that is lost.
When emagged they do the opposite, start fires and suck air respectively.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Firebot+Airbot

Post by Gun Hog » #121731

I had given firebots some thought. Atmos bots too, but I did not want to touch atmos. Firebots would be neat, but probably not well used, except if they are stationed somewhere with a high fire risk (Toxins, Engineering, Chemistry)
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #121750

Fire too fast now give up interacting with msos baby fastmos.
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #121774

Fire is fast because burn mix needs more oxygen than ambient air has. This actually would make emaged airbots that spew excess O2 or plasma fun and lethal. I'd certainly like to see firebots in Toxins and Chem. Accidental fires are no fun. What would an emagged firebot do?

On a related note, changing the plasma/oxygen ratio is a pretty easy change, if you'd like, go make a thread for it.
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #121775

Fire is fast because burn mix needs more oxygen than ambient air has. This actually would make emaged airbots that spew excess O2 or plasma fun and lethal. I'd certainly like to see firebots in Toxins and Chem. Accidental fires are no fun. What would an emagged firebot do?

On a related note, changing the plasma/oxygen ratio is a pretty easy change, if you'd like, go make a thread for it.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #121787

JackHunt wrote:Fire is fast because burn mix needs more oxygen than ambient air has. This actually would make emaged airbots that spew excess O2 or plasma fun and lethal. I'd certainly like to see firebots in Toxins and Chem. Accidental fires are no fun. What would an emagged firebot do?

I always strip atmos at roundstart as an atmos tech to plumb the O2/N2O mixer into the feed (usually on an 80/20 mix, ostensibly to help people breathe in a low-pressure environement)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #121871

what if instead we just made an arsonbot that you build with a flamethrower
it walks around setting people on fire
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #121884

PKPenguin321 wrote:what if instead we just made an arsonbot that you build with a flamethrower
make that what happens if you emag an extinguisherbot
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #121890

Screemonster wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:what if instead we just made an arsonbot that you build with a flamethrower
make that what happens if you emag an extinguisherbot
But emagging doesn't normally give it new tools, it just corrupts them.

Take the medbot. It doesn't run around stabbing people: it injects them with bad chemicals instead. The floorbot doesn't put down floors, it lifts them up. The cleanbot doesn't clean with space cleaner, it lubricates.

By this logic, the extinguisher bot wouldn't spray water, it'd spray something slippery or cold or whatever. The gas bot wouldn't give out oxygen, it would flood plasma, that sort of thing.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #121906

no no no the arsonbot exists solely to ignite people
if you emagged it it would run around shaking people up from stuns
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #121907

Cheimon wrote:By this logic, the extinguisher bot wouldn't spray water, it'd spray something slippery or cold or whatever. The gas bot wouldn't give out oxygen, it would flood plasma, that sort of thing.
Okay. Welder fuel then. 8-)