Perpetual objectives for traitors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Perpetual objectives for traitors

Post by callanrockslol » #122833

Simple idea, as you complete objectives, you get new ones and a few telecrystals as you do them. It could start with easy ones like steal an RCD and end up with killing people and stealing high value stuff. That way people wouldn't just stealing something and spend the round not doing traitor stuff since they were scared about losing their greentext.

We could even have a high score list available somewhere to encourage people to do as many as possible.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Perpetual objectives for traitors

Post by Scones » #122841

Global score tracking could be cool

Telecrystals would not be, because pricing/20 has very much been taken into account with regards to the TC costs on everything
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122843

this comes up ocasionly and people seem mostly in favour of it but nobody can find the right way to impliment it.

No scoreboards though
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #122850

Maybe it would give people incentive to do more jobs for more mayhem. Want to hand out e swords t your friends? Better complete 2-3 objectives with no items scrub. Same goes for syndiebombs, completing multiple objectives would be way harder than just doing toxins
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #122861

Now that I think about it, couldn't the Fulton system that's being worked on for Sec be modified to put something like this in motion? Like, if you need to steal sometimes, traitors could have their own specialized bluespace fultons that can whisk away stolen goods/dead bodies (or maybe just ashes/named meat) to the syndicate base to secure a green text. Then, once the items have been securely taken care of, more objectives could be doled out. It could make rounds a bit more interesting instead of having traitors just stash their objective right off the bat and mill around til the shuttle arrives.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122886

>have to murder the captain
>buy an ebow and minibomb
>instagib him
>get more TC for another minibomb and an objective to murder the HoS
>repeat x1000
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #122889

How about just making the disc a bonus objective? If you escape with it on your person you get a bonus check mark
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #122935

callanrockslol wrote:Simple idea, as you complete objectives, you get new ones and a few telecrystals as you do them. It could start with easy ones like steal an RCD and end up with killing people and stealing high value stuff. That way people wouldn't just stealing something and spend the round not doing traitor stuff since they were scared about losing their greentext.

We could even have a high score list available somewhere to encourage people to do as many as possible.
A lot of the reason that objectives are hard are because you need to make sure it stays completed until round end. You have to make sure people don't get cloned and you have to make sure that you don't lose your stolen items.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122943

Danowar wrote:Now that I think about it, couldn't the Fulton system that's being worked on for Sec be modified to put something like this in motion? Like, if you need to steal sometimes, traitors could have their own specialized bluespace fultons that can whisk away stolen goods/dead bodies (or maybe just ashes/named meat) to the syndicate base to secure a green text. Then, once the items have been securely taken care of, more objectives could be doled out. It could make rounds a bit more interesting instead of having traitors just stash their objective right off the bat and mill around til the shuttle arrives.
whats the fulton system
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #122951

fultons are actually being developed for black ops to steal machines
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122959

TechnoAlchemist wrote: A lot of the reason that objectives are hard are because you need to make sure it stays completed until round end. You have to make sure people don't get cloned and you have to make sure that you don't lose your stolen items.
your right I have changed my mind about this idea

I think if people want extra telecrystals they should have to find a coms console and ask the syndicate for it (also admins need to respond to messages to the syndicate more often)
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123024

iamgoofball wrote:fultons are actually being developed for black ops to steal machines
>balloon
>in space

what
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #123153

Saegrimr wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:fultons are actually being developed for black ops to steal machines
>balloon
>in space

what
i don't see a ceiling anywhere, do you?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #123165

iamgoofball wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
>balloon
>in space

what
i don't see a ceiling anywhere, do you?
It's a bluespace Fulton that uses miniature bluespace crystals to induce a teleportation. A Blulton.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #123168

There is nothing wrong with a global scorecount
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123307

Scoreboards would just further encourage the metagamey valid-huntery 2robust4u culture and discourages creativity and unconventionality out of fear of losing your spot on the scoreboard.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #123408

DaemonBomb wrote:Scoreboards would just further encourage the metagamey valid-huntery 2robust4u culture and discourages creativity and unconventionality out of fear of losing your spot on the scoreboard.
So let's put things on the scoreboard people wouldn't object to.
Victories as :newcop: Syndicates:Nobody objects to syndicates wanting to win
Victories as Blob
Deaths
Deaths by :singulo:
Victories as Rev Head
Victories as Gang Leader/Lieutenant
So on.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #123450

DaemonBomb is right, adding a scoreboard would actively encourage robust play instead of fun play. An great example would be wizard. Every wizard who actually cares about the scoreboard would go Jaunt, MM, Ei Nath, Blink, staff of Chaos. It's so safe and so easy to kill people with it that the fun wizards who go with different spells would reduce dramatically in favor of meta appropriate robusto-samey loadouts.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #123800

Zilenan91 wrote:DaemonBomb is right, adding a scoreboard would actively encourage robust play instead of fun play. An great example would be wizard. Every wizard who actually cares about the scoreboard would go Jaunt, MM, Ei Nath, Blink, staff of Chaos. It's so safe and so easy to kill people with it that the fun wizards who go with different spells would reduce dramatically in favor of meta appropriate robusto-samey loadouts.
I agree with you, aside from the spell choice. HOWEVER, we CAN have cool stats that AREN'T just winrates and whatnot. Or even just base statistics about how you play. Percent of the time you purchased <x> piece of syndiegear, and this data could be compared to others to figure out what is never used, and why. Then you could have number of suicides divided up by job role, aside from assistant, you could use this cumulative data to figure out which jobs are least engaging and result in the highest number of suicides, and so forth.

Then you could have fun gimmicky stuff like 'rounds killed by slip memes' etc.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #123823

gear you bought it already tracked afaik, admins can find it. Same with spells
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #123834

Bring back karma.
Mime: Depresso
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #124013

Amelius wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:DaemonBomb is right, adding a scoreboard would actively encourage robust play instead of fun play. An great example would be wizard. Every wizard who actually cares about the scoreboard would go Jaunt, MM, Ei Nath, Blink, staff of Chaos. It's so safe and so easy to kill people with it that the fun wizards who go with different spells would reduce dramatically in favor of meta appropriate robusto-samey loadouts.
I agree with you, aside from the spell choice. HOWEVER, we CAN have cool stats that AREN'T just winrates and whatnot. Or even just base statistics about how you play. Percent of the time you purchased <x> piece of syndiegear, and this data could be compared to others to figure out what is never used, and why. Then you could have number of suicides divided up by job role, aside from assistant, you could use this cumulative data to figure out which jobs are least engaging and result in the highest number of suicides, and so forth.

Then you could have fun gimmicky stuff like 'rounds killed by slip memes' etc.
This would be super cool!
Sso much sweet, sweet data something like this could get... Especially if someone set up some visualization of the data in python or something.
If the system is robust enough, maybe it could be adjusted for testing (I.e. Number of people killed with autorifles, average damage caused by whatever new antag, number of times mekhi's been tabled. ect.)

Statistics Boner/10 :+1:
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #124851

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #125684

invisty wrote:Bring back karma.
This must be done.
We have no idea how long erro will keep hosting this . Its great though.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #125693

I think that there may be room for special items that facilitate the ability for traitor players to "complete" objectives mid-round to receive new orders.

For stealing objectives, perhaps unlock a free uplink item that something along the lines of a "bluespace recovery box." This would be essentially a normal sized box that can hold large items like a Bag of Holding, but can only receive items that are part of the theft objective. When an item is put inside, a prompt will appear to the player asking them if they wish to receive a new objective. If they say yes, the item is put into the box, and a 10 min (time variable, just throwing out a number) timer will begin to count down. In that time, if the item is removed from the box, the timer is cancelled. When the timer reaches 0, a telecrystal bonus is given, and a new objective is assigned. However, the old objective still remains for end round, so final success is still reliant on all items being recovered by shuttle on the traitor's person at the end of the round. Perhaps even make it where the item in the recovery box can no longer be removed by the box owner once it has been considered "recovered," but allow anyone else who obtains the box to be able to remove it.

For assassination objectives, it would work similarly. It would be some sort of life sensor that would be freely available via uplink (perhaps make it unlimited with a cooldown) that, when placed somewhere on the dead target's body, would begin a countdown. If the target stays dead for that amount of time or the body and sensor are gibbed, the Syndicates assume that the individual is likely not being revived, and invests further in what they perceive to be a successful agent. Same deal as theft objectives as well, where end-round success still hinges on ALL objectives remaining completed.