Some ideas to make medbay more traitorous

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Some ideas to make medbay more traitorous

Post by CPTANT » #127187

Just some independent ideas to give a nice little impulse to acts of murder, deceit and sabotage in the medbay.

• Cryo tubes shouldn't state what is in their beakers when it is loaded, showing it makes poisoning the cryo completely useless.
  • beakers shouldn't always state what is in them. Either make it so it requires adjacency or make it so that it requires a scanner/special chemist goggles to see what is in a beaker. Telling exactly what is in a beaker is such a dead give away for most things.
  • Grenades are rather underused. Currently having anything other than wire as a fuze requires both a signaler/timer AND an igniter. I propose dropping the igniter requirement so we get to see some more nice grenades. I also feel smoke effects for anything but acid are a bit overnerfed.
  • Make sleepers hackable to inject toxins.
  • Make morgue emaggable. Emagging the morgue tray disables the green light when a soul is present in the tray and shows a message "The brain activity scanner light is blinking red" upon examining the tray itself.
  • Extend the patient room shutters to also cover the door, to create nice little murder rooms like in the dorms.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Some ideas to make medbay more traitorous

Post by Wyzack » #127192

Agree about not being able to magically tell what is in a glass or beaker with your special eyes. It makes it impossible to casually poison people in the bar and stuff by dropping things in their drink, which is a classic assassin trope
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #127196

Wyzack wrote:Agree about not being able to magically tell what is in a glass or beaker with your special eyes. It makes it impossible to casually poison people in the bar and stuff by dropping things in their drink, which is a classic assassin trope
there was a PR for this, but it was never finished.

here's a few ideas related to that:

1. you can only tell how much units are in the thing exactly in beakers/syringes/etc (thats what theyre for, after all).
2. build chem analyzers into medical analyzers, use them on reagent containers to see their reagents.
3. chemHUDs that let you see whats in reagent containers.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127203

Chem-huds should be in with science goggles, maybe. Chemistry starts with those, no?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #127208

chemhuds should be in chem goggles which would be ORANGE to fit with the orange labcoat
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #127216

no they would be pink you faggot shithead shitlord gayass fucking powergamer shitlord plebian shitlord powergamer metagamer toxic scum buttface i hope you get permabanned :^]
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #127264

who are you
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #127320

Holy shit yes. The beakers should not list their ingredients on cryo to make sabotage viable. 100% agree.

How about the ability to soak patches or bruise/burnpacks in a beaker full of anything to transfer the reagents in the beaker to them, split evenly if it's a stack of packs; in addition to their current contents. That would be really cool and the traitor chem kit would actually be helpful for would-be 'medics'.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #127324

Amelius wrote:Holy shit yes. The beakers should not list their ingredients on cryo to make sabotage viable. 100% agree.

How about the ability to soak patches or bruise/burnpacks in a beaker full of anything to transfer the reagents in the beaker to them, split evenly if it's a stack of packs; in addition to their current contents. That would be really cool and the traitor chem kit would actually be helpful for would-be 'medics'.
You cannot actually have a stack of patches outside of a chem bag but I agree that this is a really neat idea.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #127672

1000/10 would poison the Gargleblasters with mutagen

Would put morphine in a syringe with blood marked "Spaceworthiness"

Ect.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #128568

Maybe make the Spectrometers [WHAT ARE THOSE?] function as a chemscanner [you can see the regents but not the amount], and the advanced ones give you both the regents and their amount.

Would sorta make sense since spectroscopy can usually tell you the type of compound you're working with.

also bring back foamestry :^) [or for those not into chemlingo, it's the foam being able to replicate the regent <like smoke before nerf>]
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #128741

I miss the days of just plonking people in poison cryo and telling onlookers they just succumbed.

Then pretending to try to clone them.

Then just taking them to the chef.

Then maybe the meat poisons other people and they blame the chemist.