Self made clothing - Leather/Cloth-working

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Self made clothing - Leather/Cloth-working

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127448

Just a neat idea brainstormed in some passive deadchatting

:idea: Idea: A variety of basic clothes available via crafting and machines with attributes and obviously lots of sass and fashion. :idea:

> Access to previously unavailable clothing such as the commissar set (expensive unique suits like this require HUMAN leather - elaborated on later in the post)
> "Upgrades" to currently existing clothing (lightweight armor piece attachment accessories to jumpsuits, extra size backpacks)
> Ability to refine your own clothes should all hell breaks loose and some maniac burns the locker room to a crisp with ease
> Custom made job/nonspecific styles for clothes, dress in a formal suit made out of corgi fur, or wear a alternative style & colour scheme for armour
> Cross tech implementations - Make your own sechud/medhud? eyepatches + kitty ear earpieces? :honkman:
> Reuse uninteresting current clothes, recycle their basic components and make new clothes!
> Wash clothes in a autoclothier or dye your clothes in the blood of your enemies as you load them into the on board washing machine to gib into meaty chunks (emag/emp only)
> Dye your clothes in bright colours either from the colour scheme provided in the autoclothier or custom + prefixed dye agents around the station.

The rest of the station benefits from
> Cotton plants for botany + mutated cotton varieties
> Even more theatre costumes and ability to mass produce existing costumes for pirate mutiny theatrical productions
> Every spaceman given room to express themselves with a little artistic leeway
> Both science and sec can contribute and benefit from specialized clothing by combining department equipment
> Endless bannings and badmin valids for ERP incidents with the introduction of certain risque contraband clothing

what would we need to make basic component clothes?
Spoiler:
> To make clothes you need two basic ingredients cotton cloth or leather on a table, about 3 - 5 cloth on a table will make a basic jumpsuit for instance while a basic backpack or satchel will take about 6 - 7 each
> Some clothes are exempt from these strict rules as shoes require cardboard additionally to cloth for table crafting basic grey shoes
> Special recipes may require a mixture of cloth and leather from different sources such as either human or lizard leather, corgi or monkey hides in addition to special golden thread and rainbow thread cotton mutations.

Wait, where is that cool stuff you promised? Cant we just build a machine to craft it for us?

> Correct. The central idea to processing clothes outside and beyond table crafting is to run them through a machine.
> Presenting the AUTOCLOTHIER (NIP)
> I am appealing for artists to post suggested concept art on this thread, best entry gets to be featured below with credit to the maker

[ SUCCESSFUL ENTRY FOR CONCEPT ART FOR AUTOCLOTHIER TO GO IN THIS SPACE ]

> Once specific artistic crutch i will ask is for it to have a inbuilt washing machine attached that is visible to the user in on - off states somewhere.
> Personally i envisioned it being a table of mechanical arms attached to a washing machine but ill leave it to you

How do we get this machine?
Spoiler:
> R&D boards from the circuit imprinter for a relatively cheap amount of tech research required
> Order a Autoclothier board via cargo directly but build it yourself likely without science help
Hey where is the instruction manual to this machine? I want to cosplay in a xeno maid suit now!! :xeno:
Spoiler:
> The machine is built like any other using wires, a board and machine components of course and can be deconstructed the same
> applying upgrades to the machine will upgrade the selected cost of producing clothes and the range of clothes availible (manipulator) the amount of materials one machine can hold and clothes on the rack in its buffer (matter bins) finally lasers will speed up the processing of clothes (lasertech)
Featured unique clothing ideas
Spoiler:
> Lizardskin satchel/shoes/coat etc.
> Xenomorph Spandex Spacesuit - X.S.S (Requires Xeno leather - hard to get without co-operation and a lot of presumable xeno murder unless its balanced to be just one piece of leather)
> Thermal MagUgg-boots
> Mock/Real? HoS Greatcoats
> Siren attached sec helmets
> Explosive Suits
> Body sized pillows with a companion on the side
> Halloween/seasonal costumes
> Oddjob sharpened throwing hat for manlets as well as a small cabaret of manlet exlusive items
> Deadly bearclaw gloves
> Gorilla suit/Dinosaur suit with real roar functions (do not emag to avoid deafness/jitteryness and potentially falling over, emergency red lights in the eyes will show when this is done)
Feedback would be greatly appreciated :popcorn: :idea:

Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Self made clothing - Leather/Cloth-working

Post by lumipharon » #127463

The logical conclusion to this sort of thing is flaying players (ie: lizards) and wearing their skins. Don't lie, I know you want to.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127467

lumipharon wrote:The logical conclusion to this sort of thing is flaying players (ie: lizards) and wearing their skins. Don't lie, I know you want to.
If thats one way to get fine assistant/lizard leather id definitely say yes

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127474

lumipharon wrote:The logical conclusion to this sort of thing is flaying players (ie: lizards) and wearing their skins. Don't lie, I know you want to.
I can totally see a headrev wearing a literal Captain's Carapace.

...human leather was awful brittle, though, last time I read it up. Ancient lizard secret to the rescue!
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #127481

If you hack it, you should be able to put simple animals in it (like Ian!). If you emag it, you should be able to put humans in it (like the Clown!).
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127495

TrustyGun wrote:If you hack it, you should be able to put simple animals in it (like Ian!). If you emag it, you should be able to put humans in it (like the Clown!).
You can put ian in the washing machine already for dead doggies (but why would you want to do that? :ian: )

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127498

Why not just animal leather? Why do you have to make it all buffallo bill you wierdos
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127499

Wyzack wrote:Why not just animal leather? Why do you have to make it all buffallo bill you wierdos
Variety and often suicided assistants hides are easier to come by rather than having to order a buttload of animals for your slaughterhouse fashion catwalk. :monkey:

Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #127512

Since the Cap's laser is bound with assistant leather, you should be able to rewrap it in captain leather if you skin the assigned captain.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #127578

The clothing makes itself?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #127586

Incomptinence wrote:The clothing makes itself?
You feed material cloth/cotton and leather into the autoclothier as materials (alternatively feed existing clothes into the machine recycler)

Basic ingredients can make basic grey jumpsuits, grey shoes and a backpack/satchel from table crafting while the autoclothier can produce more varieties and colours of clothes.

Spoiler: