Merge taser and disablers into one 2 hit stun

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Merge taser and disablers into one 2 hit stun

Post by CPTANT » #128174

1. Merge the taser and disablers into a new 2 hit taser system.

First hit should be either a ministun and/or a short duration slowdown. (slowdown should wear of way faster than disabler damage)

~12 shots in the weapon.
Taser sprite and penetration.

2. Buff laser rifles/e-guns to increase securities firepower.

laser rifle:
~14 shots
~25 damage

Change shifts focus from stun combat to lethal weaponry without rendering security impotent.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Merge taser and disablers into one 2 hit stun

Post by Steelpoint » #128175

Just do what Goon does and make Tasers a two hit stun instead, there's no difference if your hit once (that I can recall) but it just gives the person being attacked a bit more chance to not get stunned off the bag.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #128176

Not Disabling or any of that.

Disable was left unfinished and honestly we should not be using it, its broken with ballistic weapons and its been left to rot since no one wants to finish it.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #128177

Steelpoint wrote:Not Disabling or any of that.

Disable was left unfinished and honestly we should not be using it, its broken with ballistic weapons and its been left to rot since no one wants to finish it.
Are you refering to the normal disabler shots? The stamina damage they cause takes way too long to wear off.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #128178

Yes, disabling is stupid, unfinished and unfair to a extent and honestly should be gutted.

Good luck getting anyone competent in coding to do up this system for you however.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #128278

Disablers were a limp dick attempt to mimic what Goon has been doing for a long time, make tasers still be good, just not an instant win button.

Just remove disablers and make tasers require two consecutive hits. Best of both worlds.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #128281

I'm all for stopping taser rampages.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128282

I find it funny that before went and did unspeakable things to stuns ranged combat seemed to be fine.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #128288

Hah, yeah, while you're at it you could even make them fire little "stun bullets" and look a bit more like a police pistol.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #128481

Cheimon wrote:Hah, yeah, while you're at it you could even make them fire little "stun bullets" and look a bit more like a police pistol.
What a great idea!

but if that proves too controversial I guess just grabbing the current taser, making it 2 shot, increasing the magazine charge and making it unlimited range would also be a really good option.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #128496

So are people really wanting going back to the old tazer except its 2 shots instead of 1 now, and no disabler?

Does anybody else see how hilarious this whole turn of events has been?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #128507

i like current tasers
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #128510

Disablers were a mistake and made with poor intentions from the start.

Running into actually lethal firearms leads to switch back to tasers or die behaviour. This shit is basically balanced for fighting poorly equipped criminals only look I know your greytide is very important to you but sec design shouldn't be based around incrementally making it easier.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #128521

what is bad about disablers?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #128523

Super Aggro Crag wrote:what is bad about disablers?
They promote complete spray and pray, make it basically impossible to escape after 1 hit due to the slowdown and the slowdown takes way too long to wear off.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #128531

you can spray with a taser too if you have enough of them
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #128538

I like current tasers, the disable option is useful in dealing with certain situations and overall adds more nuance to the weapon. Is it overpowered? I don't know. Do I like it? Yes, it's fine, it works well for me.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #128544

Yeah let's not act as if the current system is totally broken. Improvements are good, but let's not rush to scrap tasers for something different just because
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #128545

I could get behind tasers being two-hit stuns. Still reliable for sec, but not insta-win like it is now. Tasers shouldn't be ultimately more lethal than bullets.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #128552

Yeah. I like the idea of tasers needing 2 shots to hit. Maybe have being hit once cause you to jitter for a while and if you are hit again before the effect wears off you get stunned.
Disablers currently are shit. Once you actually get someone down with disablers damage, they are pretty much fucked as even if they get up, they move so slowly it's impossible for then to escape.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #128559

Disablers are effective if you're trying to chase someone down who's running away, but if you're actually in combat they're not as useful as taser stuns. Being slower doesn't really affect your ability to melee someone in a small room, so you're not fucked so long as you have access to some kind of weapon.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #128589

Hard to melee someone when you're moving at a snails pace because of stam damage.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #128640

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can spray with a taser too if you have enough of them
Its purely a greytide balanced armament like poorly armed assistants/other nonantags stealing shit exist in a vacuum and are the only thing we should be catching.

Revolver? Tank the dissablers pop pop them back dead. Pneumatic cannon can probably make them give up because taking your ass to brig or getting their bleeding ass patched becomes their options.

Any nuke firearm? Balance is out the window all this shit 1-2 shots you, yeah officers switch over to tasers no very important staff like the captain and hop don't start with this shit making ambushes insanely effective as it becomes one guy with a 5 shots to crit weapon versus 5 heavily armed men. Ruined eguns are probably a huge contributor to bellow max pop nuke wins being so easy. Since the taser limited range is basically just due to a coder getting into hissy fits over long rang stuns on their criminal ass until the officers go to the armoury to get guns that aren't ruined they have the choice of being totally outmatched on range OR firepower. Yes nuke ops will off screen pepper you with bullets.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #128654

lumipharon wrote:Hard to melee someone when you're moving at a snails pace because of stam damage.
You have to land a few hits to actually get to that point though, all while they're trying to disarm you
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #128655

Goon tasers work in that after the first shot the person basically spins and moves around randomly in a small area so the second shot isn't difficult to connect.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #128737

Stamina damage is nothing special. There are drugs that reduce stamina damage far faster than drugs that help recover against stuns.

I suggest decreasing stun times and changing how stamina damage works.

Stamina should keep you on the floor for longer, but not slow as much.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #128766

Nooooooooope. Just put up a poll and you'll see how little support this idea has. We already have:

1. Tasers. One-shot stun, easily jukable, low ammo, doesn't go through windows/etc.

2. Disablers, 3-shot stun, impossible to juke, ridiculously high ammo, goes through windows/etc.

Disablers are flat better most of the time since a single hit with your wall of disabler bolts is almost always enough to slow them down enough to get the other two. Unless you're in maintenance or you need someone down ~now~, disablers win out, which is almost every situation.

Nerfing 1. to a 2 shot stun makes it redundant and straight-up worse in all areas to disablers. It's also no fun since it necessitates increasing ammo capacity, making them spammable and non-jukeable again. It also means sec's job gets harder, esp. with random greytiders, and tators no longer would have viable equipment to steal, making their life harder (the sole advantage of a lone, unallied antagonist is the element of surprise - when that is no longer in play, i.e. it takes two hits to take someone out and the first barely does shit, it'll be a huge disadvantage for them).
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #128861

have you read the thread in any way. people were talking about removing disablers and replacing them with this.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #128962

Cheimon wrote:Hah, yeah, while you're at it you could even make them fire little "stun bullets" and look a bit more like a police pistol.
that's exactly what d20 did about a week ago
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #129007

I'm only referencing the sec pistols done by steelpoint.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #129075

Is anyone working on making this happen?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #129092

Zilenan91 wrote:Is anyone working on making this happen?
Not as of yet.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #129225

Zilenan91 wrote:Is anyone working
no