Custom Gang Name/signs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Custom Gang Name/signs

Post by srifenbyxp » #131314

We need to be able to input custom gang names and signs. Why spray paint when you can put up one of the many posters we have (spray paint posters as well), Yellow glove missing sign? More like The Yellow Gloves gang! But you get myy point, if passable I will call my gang Street Sharks.

[youtube]eKhbF2ZTJxU[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Re: Custom Gang Name/signs

Post by Aloraydrel » #131320

Only problem I see is people metaing X is the leader since his gang is Y

I had the same thought though a few weeks ago
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #131328

The problem is that the shitty powergamers that make up most of our playerbase would use invisible gangtags and a nonexistent name so that people can't figure out who they were.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #131346

I loved Street Sharks as a kid
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #131379

Watch out, here comes my rival both TV and quite literal gang rival suggestion. Extreme Donkosaurs :honk:

[youtube]VI__EW_fPJs[/youtube]

> Give human recruits scales with 5% damage resist, and give lizards longer claws that deal 10% more damage on punches, both can be observed and spotted unless concealed.
> Gang leaders can 'saurian stomp' on a longish cooldown to knock over people in a AOE and make the station shake similar to a grav gen malfunction/shutting off/destruction (that has the added bonus of throwing off players IRL aim by moving targets along with the station on the screen)
> Melee experts and tanking niche gang, a sort of anti-carp gang if you will taking the philosophy of brute force, carp gang members cannot block saurian stomps as a counter when a riot armour lizard gang boss comes in to kick thier shit.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131380

Nah, nah, nah, man, we also need tail whips, limited infrared sensing, all the cool shit that only reptiles can get.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #131494

i think we need more gimmick gangs, like sleeping carp being unarmed. dunno what we could do though.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131498

See: donkosaurs.

Nothing can stop the master race.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #131504

The Axe Gang
One handed axes with fireaxe strength, bundles of throwing axes for range, black suits and top hats as the uniform
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #131514

I've been playing a ton of Dishonored and I think I might add the Hatters and Bottle Hall gangs.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131515

Bottle STREET, choffer.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #131521

Deitus wrote:i think we need more gimmick gangs, like sleeping carp being unarmed. dunno what we could do though.
I think we should not throw off the balance and drown the mode in bloat personally. Bloat that will, once in, never get removed ("improve dont remove!")

Gang works very well, why fix what isnt broken when we have multiple game modes that have been terrible for years?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #131525

Takeguru wrote:The Axe Gang
One handed axes with fireaxe strength, bundles of throwing axes for range, black suits and top hats as the uniform
If I were to make a gimmick gang this would be it.

Except no guns, and handaxe replaces switchblade

25 damage melee, 60 damage thrown

or something
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #131535

DemonFiren wrote:Bottle STREET, choffer.
I know, but there aren't any streets on SS13.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #131576

Something like mgsvs logo generator might work to stop those silly power gamers abusing a custom gang sign and name feature.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #132714

Yu want gimmicks?!

Instant self heal(bruise packs ointment) without delay

Refilling your bullet based weapon without removing the clip/bullets

2 extra tiles vision in the darkness
The future is horrible!
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit