Add traitor mind slave implants

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Add traitor mind slave implants

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132691

Traitors who'd like the help of others but don't want a parasite should get an option to turn a crew member into their lackey. An implant that gives big red text to someone that says YOU ARE x SLAVE HELP THEM AT ALL COSTS!. Would cost 7-8 crystals per implant and could either be permanent or wear off over time. Disobeying it would get you a ban.

This solves the issue of antags currently being unable to coerce crewmembers into helping them, from fear out of being banned, as well as involving more people in traitor.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Add traitor mind slave implants

Post by Saegrimr » #132692

something something metafriending
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132697

B-BUT MUH METAFRIENDS

Who fucking cares god damn it stop fucking saying no to shit just because someone might slave their buddy, don't add a thing because people might use it on a person they know when they're giving up gear to slave someone in the first place, FUCK
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #132698

Saegrimr wrote:something something metafriending
the same could be said for pretty much any team antag

"so and so made such and such a gang lieutenant, THEY MUST BE METAFRIENDS"

naw, this seems like a good idea, though it would depend on how shitty the person it...but thats the same risk for teams so i guess it's all the same
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #132724

Pillz just wants this to act out his mindslave fetish.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132726

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Pillz just wants this to act out his mindslave fetish.
rape

a correct post by pillz
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #132727

DrPillzRedux wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:Pillz just wants this to act out his mindslave fetish.
rape
Daman has complete OOC consent to all rape it's in his notes
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #132733

Would be an interesting addition.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #132743

Mindslave someone, surgically hide explosives in them, and send them to your your target.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #132747

The logical end to this is that people like Dante and Emily would get antag every round instead of only around half the time. More murderboning isn't something I want to see.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #132749

Zilenan91 wrote:The logical end to this is that people like Dante and Emily would get antag every round instead of only around half the time. More murderboning isn't something I want to see.
Normally I agree with you but this is a shitty train of thought.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #132750

How so? It's literally the same situation with gangs, people run to the most robust people they can find, and convert them. It's not the same with rev because unless you have Hearthstone levels of bad RnG your flash shouldn't burn out too quickly.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #132767

> try to mindslave someone
> get dunked
> get mindslaved instead
> forced to do horrible things all round because antags have no protection
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #132771

Yeah I'd rather not be forced to do stupid shit by other people. This is a horrible idea because our community is horrible
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #132772

Zilenan91 wrote:The logical end to this is that people like Dante and Emily would get antag every round instead of only around half the time. More murderboning isn't something I want to see.
I think you're exaggerating a bit too much.

Firstly you have to robust that person and second, you have to ensure they don't yell over comms for help before being implanted/murdered my McRobustron. Good luck doing that to any reasonable robust person. Then again, if the last couple gang rounds I've participated in are any indication, running around screaming 'LANE STEWART AND GARCIA ARE GANG LEADERS LOCATED IN R&D' for a good two minutes in a mid-highpop round early on isn't sufficient to get the attention of security or anyone for a good 30 minutes.

Regardless, Goon makes mindslave implants relatively cheap (6-10 TC, something in there), but lasts anywhere between 20-35 minutesish before disappearing in normal tator modes. No indication is provided to the 'master' so bluffing is viable on the part of the enthrallee after it's removed or expired, and other mindslave implants replace a currently active one. Ostensibly it removes loyalty implants as well.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #132775

If these are added I can see a meta around Security not trusting both the victim and suspect if slave implants are used en mass.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #132780

I think it could be fun. Having a reliable way to make someone take the fall for a crime or an inside man would be pretty handy. I wouldn't make it permanent though but make it so the victim doesn't remember their attacker in Very Big Red Text if the implant expires naturally. if it's removed via surgery or overridden by a loyalty implant then probably make it say that your memory is blurry and you can only remember a few scant features like their colour of their clothing or where you were when you were attacked. If it's overridden by another mindslave implant then you remember your last master in detail.

As for cost, 8TC sounds about right to me. Maybe make it so security/Captain (and maybe command if they're too valuable to be vulnerable to the implant) can't be implanted due to memetic training or beingtoolobotimisedforittowork or whatever your headcanon is.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #132782

If you are worried about metafriending and/or people willingly accepting these implants to become antags, make them eject the implanted person from the body and put a random ghost in.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #132787

Tokiko2 wrote:If you are worried about metafriending and/or people willingly accepting these implants to become antags, make them eject the implanted person from the body and put a random ghost in.
'Metafriending' is not that big a deal with gangs, and from that example, I do not expect it to be such here. This should happen to an antagonist-banned player, however.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #132788

"Metafriends" is no problem with team conversion game modes such as Rev, Cult or Gang since your incentivised and need to recruit a large amount of people. A mind slave implant will simply encourage the traitor to locate the 'best' player they can find, which is fair considering the risk. But that should be seen as a drawback to the implementation of a mind slave implant.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #132794

you can't force roleplay, it's impossible
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #132799

No thanks. There are already to many antag types which can 'mindslave' people. Revs. Gangs. Cults. Hand of God cultists. Shadowlings.

Give traitor something unique instead, not a rehashed version of what other antags already get.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #132883

I suggested a mind control flute for wizards years ago, and the fear of metafriends kept it out then, too.

Maybe we need better players.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #132919

Zilenan91 wrote:Yeah I'd rather not be forced to do stupid shit by other people. This is a horrible idea because our community is horrible
"I don't like being told what to do qq"
Tokiko2 wrote:If you are worried about metafriending and/or people willingly accepting these implants to become antags, make them eject the implanted person from the body and put a random ghost in.
I feel like you people don't know what metafriending is and why it's bad. If you want to implant your buddy so you can antag together, who the fuck cares? Let them have fun.

Goon has these and they're pretty cool. Bring 'em over.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #132925

i don't wanna have to do things
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #132958

If this server was more roleplay centric, we could have "amnesia pills", which would have players forget what happened over the past 5 minutes, but they'd be yelling on the radio prior so it wouldn't really help
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #132960

Lifeweeb's method of amnesia is just flat-out deleting everything in your chatbox and notes before the incident (i.e getting knocked out). It works surprisingly well considering most people probably back-track through the chat logs for info.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #132963

yeah amnesia pills thats what we need, roofies
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #132966

Bill Cosby Bartender
Spends all his points on Amnesia pills
ERP is unbanned
FUND IT
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #132969

What if someone doesn't want to really do anything that round, but suddenly they get implanted and are now straight up obligated to do every little thing that their captor asks or get banned? Even with conversion antags there's a little bit of room to slack off and goof around if there's enough people, but when it's just one other person that's relying on you, there's so much more pressure that gets lumped on you out of nowhere.

Not to mention the administrative headache that would come with people letting themselves get mindslaved, or people mindslaving the same 3 people who are really good at blowing up the station and murderboning again and again and again
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #132971

Exactly. The reason they're good on Goon is because their playerbase isn't so concerned with valids. Hell, I've seen them let wizards live after getting dunked, and that's really awesome, so on there you can trust people to not be dicks. Here? People will flat out murder you for you wanting to revive the wizard who just kinda died pathetically in lieu of rerolling dat antag and going on water-slip-revolver-bomb-spam murderbone #598.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #133013

Zile? What. Good is a light RP server. Thus they have way more RP than here. This is apparently a PVP server now.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #133024

>see a detective have a long long chat with a tator
>mime around with a mime as a ligger
>admin custom objective with a guy, he roleplayed it out fucking brilliantly

>tg i-isn't roleplay anymore

wipe this meme from the face of the earth
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #133029

Combat, conversion, and kidnapping are rarely roleplayed on this server. But the rest of the stuff can be, and frequently is. Having said that, it's totally possible for players not to do any roleplay at all and to receive next to no criticism for it.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133127

MMMiracles wrote:Lifeweeb's method of amnesia is just flat-out deleting everything in your chatbox and notes before the incident (i.e getting knocked out). It works surprisingly well considering most people probably back-track through the chat logs for info.
That's actually a really good idea. Easy-to-implement, appropriate, still lets you remember facts if you have a keen enough memory, etc.

It's really good.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #133827

Amelius wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:Lifeweeb's method of amnesia is just flat-out deleting everything in your chatbox and notes before the incident (i.e getting knocked out). It works surprisingly well considering most people probably back-track through the chat logs for info.
That's actually a really good idea. Easy-to-implement, appropriate, still lets you remember facts if you have a keen enough memory, etc.

It's really good.
I log every round checkmate deletion.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #133839

We should've had mindslave implants a long time ago.
lol
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #134043

Shaps wrote:What if someone doesn't want to really do anything that round, but suddenly they get implanted and are now straight up obligated to do every little thing that their captor asks or get banned? Even with conversion antags there's a little bit of room to slack off and goof around if there's enough people, but when it's just one other person that's relying on you, there's so much more pressure that gets lumped on you out of nowhere.

Not to mention the administrative headache that would come with people letting themselves get mindslaved, or people mindslaving the same 3 people who are really good at blowing up the station and murderboning again and again and again
Then see rule 3 :ai:

If you're doing traitor right the round shouldn't last more than a hour.

If we did everything based on 'people may not want to do X' then we'd have a very boring game. If you don't want to help a traitor out FOR ONE ROUND that badly, ask an admin to let someone else play as you.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #134817

We talked about this a while ago, and one solution to metafriending / "hey mindslave me i want to be tator" is to have mindslaving kill the victim and use a ghost as the new mindslave personality. Basically, you scoop out their brain and replace it with an evil PAI. Alternatively, leave the victim conscious but paralyzed like one of those parasitic wasps.

This gives players a strong reason to avoid getting mindslaved, and provides another route back into the game for ghosts.
Remove the AI.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #134821

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:If you're doing traitor right the round shouldn't last more than a hour.
If you're doing traitor right, it should last for as long as people are having fun.
Mime: Depresso
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #134847

It's a fine idea.

You know, amnesia should really clear chat, be it from these wearing off, or being de-revved/culted
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #134850

you are a damned fool