Mobile MMIs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Mobile MMIs

Post by Alzam » #8435

This has probably been pitched and shut down on the old forums before and I know there's a feature freeze at the moment but just incase, I'd like the addition of Mobile MMIs, they're the ultimate "repair shit while watching a movie or doing something else" job and unlike a borg you don't get suddenly jerked away from your duties to go kill someone when subverted or whatever. For those who don't know, Mobile MMIs are basically cute little spider borgs whose sole purpose is to maintain the station. These are their laws:

1. You may not involve yourself in the matters of another being, even if such matters conflict with Law Two or Law Three, unless the other being is another MoMMI in KEEPER mode.
2. You may not harm any being, regardless of intent or circumstance.
3. You must maintain, repair, improve, and power the station to the best of your abilities.

They have their own special channel (which takes over normal chat) to communicate with other mobile MMIs, and you can also chat with borgs if you want. You don't have to listen to the AI or anything though. I'm sure people would be shitheads and do things like drag dead bodies or interfere with traitors but once they get weeded out I think it'd be fine.

I dunno if they're from /vg/ or bay itself (I've never played on bay for any real amount of time and only encountered them on /vg/) but unless there's some sort of embargo on features from other servers I think it'd be a great addition to the station.

Here's a link to more information about them. http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/MoMMI
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Mobile MMIs

Post by paprika » #8440

https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13/pull/397

One day when pete comes back he'll Finnish these
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Re: Mobile MMIs

Post by Cheimon » #8977

I too would like these, and look forward to Pete's return. Especially if these Mobile MMIs are able to be entered as ghosts (which, as far as I can tell, is the whole point-get more people back into the round). Perhaps they could gain cleaning functions as well as the stated repair ones, in time: the station certainly gets bloody enough for it.