Syndie Tech Disk Suggestion *EDITED*

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Syndie Tech Disk Suggestion *EDITED*

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133636

On useful feedback credited to Gunhog, i have resolved to making some arranged changes to my OP

Syndicate disks would be purchasable via telecrystal uplink, graphically the disks would be recognizable due to their individualistic red and black syndicate colouring and a large S printed on the front to avoid confusion from even the least observant station crew. The disks themselves contain level 2syndicate and level 4 combat information availible to be uploaded to the network immediately and built upon, as well as a select number of unique designs not able to be found on the initial telecrystal list not limited to certain endgame designs like chrono legionnaire armour (Naturally syndicate items are expensive and heavily reliant on diamond gold and uranium)

> User feedback on suggested designs appreciated and will be added to the field below.

> Few of my own ideas
  • [1] a select number of operative weapons (to fit with blood red hardsuit) subject to revision at a later date on balance
    [2] Syndicate pin implants/Pins, allow only yourself to fire a appropriate weapon.
    [3] Lesser parasite, can only be applied once at a time (no other parasite to avoid double parasite meta), a simplistic physical damage prototype parasite that does not extend the life of the host, but cannot turn the host into remains, much like old parasites they both cease to exist when the host dies. Least valid parasite unless it is shown the user is hostile as benevolent scientists with perhaps ulterior syndicate motives may hand our injectors to assistants to wreak havoc.
    [4 - Fun suggestion] C4 weaponised people sized body pillow - Made out of thick fibre, this body pillow is loaded with tiny steel balls and can deliver quite a beating of phyiscal damage on top of when detonated via signal (already pretty explosive) it fires out bullet shrapnel
10 - 8 Tele-crystals personally is a conservative estimate for the cost of the card, still allowing opportunity to buy some additional items to upgrade tech with and use, granted confiscated disks may let the crew access dangerous designs that misuse of may lead to their own destruction or a severe risk to other syndicate agents.

>Original OP contained within
Spoiler:
As per inflated telecrystal cost this item of a instant syndie technological upload card (you can wipe the data while retaining the info on the card using a research access console that should depending on the map be located in either the research server room or the RD's office) can instantly upgrade the syndicate technology of the research systems and has unique item designs that can be uploaded (at inflated mineral cost)

A effective research syndie scientist can remain relatively stationary from that position, then print off a number of uploaded syndie designs many utilising uranium and diamond, so in league with waiting for the late game, you would need to assassinate your fellow scientists through more conventional means but probably restricted due to the small amount of TC you have left and pray the miners arrived.
Feedback apppreciated please.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Syndie Tech Disk Suggestion

Post by Gun Hog » #133644

Uploading new Syndicate technology you cannot otherwise obtain seems a fantastic addition, so long as someone does not try to move the existing unlockables to this new method. However, simply having a disk to upload Syndicate tech levels is pointless if you are doing it at "inflated telecrystal cost", because nearly every item you can buy for TC can be deconstructed for Syndicate tech levels. It would have to be the cheapest method to get tech levels, or offer blueprints for items that cannot be made otherwise, else traitors would never consider the disk for purchase.
FantasticFwoosh

Re: Syndie Tech Disk Suggestion

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133669

Gun Hog wrote:Uploading new Syndicate technology you cannot otherwise obtain seems a fantastic addition, so long as someone does not try to move the existing unlockables to this new method. However, simply having a disk to upload Syndicate tech levels is pointless if you are doing it at "inflated telecrystal cost", because nearly every item you can buy for TC can be deconstructed for Syndicate tech levels. It would have to be the cheapest method to get tech levels, or offer blueprints for items that cannot be made otherwise, else traitors would never consider the disk for purchase.
Nice feedback and comments taken on board. Proposing new arrangements for discussion and pushing the original into spoilers. This is certainly better.

Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Syndie Tech Disk Suggestion *EDITED*

Post by lumipharon » #133765

This seems like a really neat idea, an is more interesting then jsut bloating the uplink with more toys.

That said, I think R&D is already way too strong as is - the amount of rediculous shit you can make right now is pretty absurd.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133766

The last thing I want to see is a traitor scientist spamming 9000 adrenals then deleting research records and never be able to be killed ever.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #133772

why would you buy this when you can get illegal 3 with two c4s and then just do normal r&d for the rest lol
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #133802

This is another way of saying "Science gets all the cool shit".
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133825

normal R&D doesn't get you max illegal.
You need certain uplink only items (hacked board, powersink etc), or to use the experimentor to get illegal 6 and shit, which unlocks the good shit like adrenals.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #133832

Zilenan91 wrote:The last thing I want to see is a traitor scientist spamming 9000 adrenals then deleting research records and never be able to be killed ever.
Just throw spears in him.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133838

Zilenan91 wrote:The last thing I want to see is a traitor scientist spamming 9000 adrenals then deleting research records and never be able to be killed ever.
But you can already do that if you save the tech on disks, delete and then carry them around. :honk:
qwert wrote:
Just throw spears in him.
Heck the RD can even manually censor all illegal tech items if they want to. (Poor management of your staff is your own fault a good RD should probably censor all lethal weapons anyway)
PKPenguin321 wrote:why would you buy this when you can get illegal 3 with two c4s and then just do normal r&d for the rest lol
You can jiggle around with the tech instantly for no deconstruction of valuable items also as stated in the OP, unique item designs that can be uploaded directly regardless of tech as the current disk system works (perhaps it'd need to be revised to be a tech higher or lower above 2 for syndie) in many ways the syndie tech and the combat tech it gives you is filler that does not affect the main R&D development

Also the designs if you can print them out for their inflated cost on diamond and uranium etc. i would imagine would let you manually get some high syndie levels and combat levels eventually at the risk of being exposed in possession of these objects (few ways to hide from both the AI which could manually censor your designs to stop you, or someone could walk in on you printing or holding these super dangerous weapons before they are ready)
lumipharon wrote:normal R&D doesn't get you max illegal.
You need certain uplink only items (hacked board, powersink etc), or to use the experimentor to get illegal 6 and shit, which unlocks the good shit like adrenals.
Coming back to this statement, the tech disk is not a replacement, in certain low population round or if the shaft miners are intercepted by ling/other elements and actual resources are scarce, instead of busting a large portion of your minerals on expensive unique design syndie items (which you probably can't without mineral delivery), you can still use the 10-12 telecrystals you have to boost your syndie tech to aforementioned 'good shit' to get it ready for the first shipment (if it arrives)

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #133843

While R&D does have a problem with being pretty overpowered, you can steal most of the science boards from tech storage and construct the parts you need with an autolathe/break apart a few unimportant machines to setup your own R&D and syphon off the research levels and designs. Getting the materials is a little bit trickier since the ore machine is access restricted but getting ID access/the AI to release minerals for you shouldn't be too hard.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133845

Anonmare wrote:While R&D does have a problem with being pretty overpowered, you can steal most of the science boards from tech storage and construct the parts you need with an autolathe/break apart a few unimportant machines to setup your own R&D and syphon off the research levels and designs. Getting the materials is a little bit trickier since the ore machine is access restricted but getting ID access/the AI to release minerals for you shouldn't be too hard.
R&D is 'the slow and open' option. to anybody with their eyes on you as to being extremely obvious upon examination, you are putting yourself at immense risk for immense reward of potentially being the best kitted out traitor at endgame, not unstoppable but much stronger than the usual scrublords without a defining strategy beyond bomb A to complete objective B. On the contrary the shuttle will be your mortal enemy and will likely stop you before you have a chance to act or use your toys.

At this point as to unique designs and tech its all about balancing. I would recommend setting up a seperate labrotory in a secluded area such as the warehouse if you can smuggle the stuff out. (also heed that access designs are universal to the science network, if something is 'blocked' by access it can't be bypassed, so your production line can still be shut down.)

Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133898

But R&D isn't suspicious at all. You can merrily print off all sorts of illegal shit with the shutters open and sec watching you and they won't care unless you're blatantly emagging it in front of them.
All anyone cares about is getting the phat loot you're making themselves.

But yeah, A+ idea, but R&D already has so much rediculously powerful shit.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133900

Yeah unless the scientists see you spawn the shit in in person they usually won't care at all if they suddenly have illegal levels.

Still though, mass produceable adrenals like this is not something I'll agree with, but you do what you do.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133902

you can ALREADY mass produce adrenal implants though.

xray laser: Illegal 2
Tyrant board: Illegal 3 (saves uranium)
Ebow: Illegal 4
Ebow (experimentor): Illegal 5
Thermal implant (experimentor): Illegal 6

You need literally no actual traitor shit to do this, just minerals.
Last edited by lumipharon on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133903

Well yeah but this will make it a lot easier and less TC intensive
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133904

You need illegal 6, the OP says the disk only has illegal 2, plus some unique designs.
The unique designs I have a problem with because R&D OP, not the illegal 2.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133905

Wait illegal 2? Can't you get illegal 3 with 2 pieces of C4 so won't this be useless
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133908

Zilenan91 wrote:Wait illegal 2? Can't you get illegal 3 with 2 pieces of C4 so won't this be useless
FantasticFwoosh wrote:a select number of unique designs not able to be found on the initial telecrystal list not limited to certain endgame designs like chrono legionnaire armour (Naturally syndicate items are expensive and heavily reliant on diamond gold and uranium)
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133931

lumipharon wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Wait illegal 2? Can't you get illegal 3 with 2 pieces of C4 so won't this be useless
FantasticFwoosh wrote:a select number of unique designs not able to be found on the initial telecrystal list not limited to certain endgame designs like chrono legionnaire armour (Naturally syndicate items are expensive and heavily reliant on diamond gold and uranium)
You are saving a penny on the side on tech you would have gotten anyway throwing telecrystals at the problem plus some new toys on the side (Im still taking ideas if anybody can suggest anything they may view as balanced but still justified to fit the list)

I guess that if my idea is not going to change, the current cheat sheet or the cost to do all this stuff will just have to rise to a obtuse level (keeping in mind for balance that unless you got to explicit lengths, anyone with science access on a locked console and materials can just get dangerous gear the same tier as yours and probably completely wreck you with it in retaliation when the entire sec force jumps you with a swarm of holoparasites and implants to use your guns.)

(Im noticing a growing concern about chrono legionnaire armour endgame as noted in the statment lumi just highlighted, area will be under revision since I may have just mentioned it brainstorming, but rest assured if it is coming along with the package it will be OBTUSELY expensive as with other items to discourage rampant spamming)

Final statement, R&D stronk but oh so easily stoppable like it was meant to be. (Shut off local power, block designs, depending on AI laws blow up the lab with potassium explosions, call security and put out a wanted poster finally just close off the lab with shutter control.
lumipharon wrote:But R&D isn't suspicious at all. You can merrily print off all sorts of illegal shit with the shutters open and sec watching you and they won't care unless you're blatantly emagging it in front of them.
All anyone cares about is getting the phat loot you're making themselves.
In a morbid way that is exactly the point, we will make them care when they face total annihilation, I've already stated probably ten reasons alone (im not making a explicit point of counting each) on how it can be actively stopped with a little caution. All about balance though at this state.

Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133935

But the thing with R&D that there is utterly nothing suspicious about doing it, until you start printing off assloads of ammo and guns - if anyone even notices.

Currently, given 30 minutes + minerals, I can get full vision (xray implants + nvg/mesons), xray lasers (hilarious when you have the prior mentioned full vision), suppressed SMG's with 42 rounds per mag, TWO HUNDRED spare mags (including fun shit like AP and incendiary) on my belt (enough ammo to kill 1680 people), unlimited number of near max cap grenades, infinite adrenal and freedom implants (keep in mind adrenals heal and make you go fast...), no stun implant, no drop implant, the implant that heals you back to life if you get critted, shield + telearmour if I really want to be RNGcucklord, portal gun to get basically anywhere without caring about emags or bolted doors, ion carbine to take out borgs/mechs/sec, etc etc etc.

Or just like, durand with ac2, clusterbang launcher and repair bot.

Basically, if some of the NORMAL rediculous shit R&D could make got removed, I would be all in favour of the idea, it's a really cool one, but do you really want someone (or multiple people since teaming up as traitors are super easy now) with all of the above, IN ADDITION to whatever stuff the disk will unlock?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133956

lumipharon wrote:But the thing with R&D that there is utterly nothing suspicious about doing it, until you start printing off assloads of ammo and guns - if anyone even notices.

Currently, given 30 minutes + minerals, I can get full vision (xray implants + nvg/mesons), xray lasers (hilarious when you have the prior mentioned full vision), suppressed SMG's with 42 rounds per mag, TWO HUNDRED spare mags (including fun shit like AP and incendiary) on my belt (enough ammo to kill 1680 people), unlimited number of near max cap grenades, infinite adrenal and freedom implants (keep in mind adrenals heal and make you go fast...), no stun implant, no drop implant, the implant that heals you back to life if you get critted, shield + telearmour if I really want to be RNGcucklord, portal gun to get basically anywhere without caring about emags or bolted doors, ion carbine to take out borgs/mechs/sec, etc etc etc.

Or just like, durand with ac2, clusterbang launcher and repair bot.

Basically, if some of the NORMAL rediculous shit R&D could make got removed, I would be all in favour of the idea, it's a really cool one, but do you really want someone (or multiple people since teaming up as traitors are super easy now) with all of the above, IN ADDITION to whatever stuff the disk will unlock?
But yeah. from the sounds of it following your cheetsheet you dont even need to own the disk, but thats just you man, i still dont get your arguement, you are literally just stating that standard tator R&D needs rebalancing directly, please create a seperate thread since this seems to be verging towards a offtopic feedback thread within your posts instead of contributing to the OP or actually addressing the OP at this point, though i understand the direct relevance to the topic. Also thats just science combat tech in a nutshell for you anyway stupidly overpowered in essence, but maintained because barely anybody but diehards uses it.

> For less experienced players in science R&D who do not have method playstyles or even 'cheatsheets' like yourself, it is a leg up in the right direction with some free of charge toys throw in*. Points taken on board, yeah that's pretty dang overpowered as it is, espcially stacked with unique items* , but i will literally repeat myself again, both the research and person can be stopped by as much as throwing spears at them or checking a box to reset syndie tech and deny access to designs on top of the rest of science and the station having access to the same. Nobody walks out of crit even with rebooters and adrenals once drained entirely of blood and losing conciousness to spear wounds.

(*That havent even been finalised yet and assessed individually to be balanced)

Im not going to change my suggestion, it stands where it is, so i recommend a meeting ground for balance, because my suggestion is perfectly balanced (until the additional designs beside my own are scrutinised) and generally non-impactful on R&D with level 2 syndie tech (may suggest level one amendment in light of X-Ray cheat sheet exploit, this exerpt is not meant to undermine my statement) and will probably be opening a relevant feedback thread of my own to address said issues with traitor tech.

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161254

Bumping this in relevancy that this idea for a prototype component disk was stolen without my input if i have any actual standing on the matter. Also now super relevant.

*I realise i might be shitposting - or be wrong, but if i am valid salad, id like a apology please bear minimum*

(super sorry everyone, if im committing highest forum treason for combined doubleposto + necrobump, full auth to remove this message, id understand but really needs to be said :honkman: :newcop: .)

Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #161263

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Bumping this in relevancy that this idea for a prototype component disk was stolen without my input if i have any actual standing on the matter. Also now super relevant.

*I realise i might be shitposting - or be wrong, but if i am valid salad, id like a apology please bear minimum*

(super sorry everyone, if im committing highest forum treason for combined doubleposto + necrobump, full auth to remove this message, id understand but really needs to be said :honkman: :newcop: .)
its cool now I know how to powergame rnd with tech levels from xrays thanks
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #161297

FantasticFwoosh wrote:The disks themselves contain level 2syndicate and level 4 combat information availible to be uploaded to the network immediately and built upon, as well as a select number of unique designs not able to be found on the initial telecrystal list not limited to certain endgame designs like chrono legionnaire armour (Naturally syndicate items are expensive and heavily reliant on diamond gold and uranium)
Ha, ha... ha....

No.
I lurk quite often...
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161301

JJRcop wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:The disks themselves contain level 2syndicate and level 4 combat information availible to be uploaded to the network immediately and built upon, as well as a select number of unique designs not able to be found on the initial telecrystal list not limited to certain endgame designs like chrono legionnaire armour (Naturally syndicate items are expensive and heavily reliant on diamond gold and uranium)
Ha, ha... ha....

No.
High illegal tech, and high cost. Probably throw in some ayy alloy (look it up, its on the PR waiting list) as a requirement for the higher stuff. Has to be constructed fully to function and the design can just be wiped by the AI or RD. Plus any future ORM nerfs taken into account.

Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #161309

The chrono legionnaire armour is basically an infinite-range, quick-recharge Ethereal Jaunt and Scrying Orb (that works on different z-levels too), but armoured and spaceproof. No matter how high the research for it is, it's still going to make whoever uses it virtually unkillable (chronojump into an adjacent room to your target, wait for the cooldown to end, jump next to them and taser them).
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161324

TheNightingale wrote:The chrono legionnaire armour is basically an infinite-range, quick-recharge Ethereal Jaunt and Scrying Orb (that works on different z-levels too), but armoured and spaceproof. No matter how high the research for it is, it's still going to make whoever uses it virtually unkillable (chronojump into an adjacent room to your target, wait for the cooldown to end, jump next to them and taser them).
Could be circumnaviagated potentially to being a prototype model, less range and timers in-between abilities, lighten up the protection too.

Gotta have some power in it, z level jumping (with wiz and exclusives like away mission) off limits is fine but on long cooldown (or borrowing the fall-out mechanic of uranium fuel rod cores to engage with back to the future esque trails of fire memes for randomised z level jumping and powering jaunts)

No scrying orb can be also amended with engineering night hud goggles/mesons.

Toxic fuel rod cores sounds like a good balancing mechanic, Im determined to shoehorn the chrono legionnaire armour in somewhere as a progression of RD teleport armour/bluespace tech/portal guns.

Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #161327

No. RnD should not ever get any form or derivitive of the Chrono Legionaire armor.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #161330

How the current chronosuit works:
Moderate slowdown (1 for the helmet, 1 for the body; total slowdown of 2); well-armoured (better than the Captain's armour); spaceworthy; covers the whole body.
When inactive, does nothing. When active (requiring the helmet and exosuit), the user is unable to move, but instead, can teleport. They can select the location to teleport to like an abductor can; they can zoom around the station in 'ghost' mode (ignoring all obstacles, including z-level checks - they can teleport to Mining, for instance, by flying far enough in a certain direction), and when they stand in a certain spot for a few seconds, they teleport there. The time it takes to teleport to a location depends on how far away it is; there's virtually no delay for things close to you, but things further away take longer. When selecting somewhere to teleport to, the chronosuit user is vulnerable to attack; and whilst teleporting, they are also vulnerable as their body 'phases out'. The 'phase in' also has a delay in which the chronosuit user cannot act, but is vulnerable; so phasing into the AI core is a bad idea unless you land out of sight of the turrets.

It's restricted to chrono legionnaires for a reason - it lets the user teleport anywhere in the game, observe any area in the game (combine with NVGs for ghost-like xray vision), and provides very good armour stats as well. The slowdown doesn't matter when you can teleport through a wall instantly. It's a nice idea, but even if it did require uranium, it would still be too powerful - someone with a chronosuit can phase into space outside the Armory (or in perma), then into the Armory and steal everything, then back out again. Getting 50 uranium isn't hard if Mining knows what they're doing (and it pays for itself if you phase around the asteroid mining uranium veins afterwards!).

Restricting its range would go a long way, but then you've basically got the portal gun in suit form - and the portal gun's weaknesses are that other people can follow you (which can't be done with the suit), it requires line of sight (also doesn't apply to the suit), and is dropped when you're stunned (still doesn't apply to the suit).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161333

Zilenan91 wrote:No. RnD should not ever get any form or derivitive of the Chrono Legionaire armor.
^
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #161340

I say no because I coded them with my cold dead hands and I don't want you to be able to acquire them in-game in any way aside from removing them from an agent. And, I don't want you to ruin them by putting a range on them. Armor values sure I don't care, I just made those values because they needed something and I didn't think about it too much, but don't touch their mechanics. The suit deactivates 100% of the time when it suffers a severe EMP but it is invulnerable to weak EMP. If it gets EMPed while the person is phasing in or out they will get severe electric shock and will get stunned for a while as a result of that shock. You also cannot teleport with anything on you that is outside the suit that is not "chronosafe", and currently the only thing that is "chronosafe" is the Timeline Eradication Device. If you try to teleport with anything that is not chronosafe on the outside of the suit, and that includes belt, back, and hands, it will not come with you. So try to loot the armory with it, I dare you.

Just leave it alone. It's fine as it is for an admin item at the moment and if someone wants to make a timeline eradication agent antag event then I support them 100% but otherwise it's a huge no from me.

I might tweak the TED be able to be used on anything but any time I try to make the antag event and get this thing in the game for real, (I've attempted at least 3 times) I always blank out when trying to think of any other objectives other than just erasing people. If you can come up with any here's a thread for that.

But again, leave it alone.
I lurk quite often...
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161345

*thoughts of chrono legionnaire armour are eliminated from my timeline*
Right. Ok. Back on track. Component disks are really good and syndie designs preloaded into a box for a proto/auto/robolathe sound good given that the materials will still be needed.

Manually print off microbombs or C4 from a private or R&D lathe (assuming RD is monitoring you incorrectly)

Unique designs on these component disks is still a concept on the table but workable given that literally anything can be put inside them and then concealed upon your person upon wiping from database.

> Component disks come in bundles divided by sneak / combat etc. (not all designs are included for balance and 1 or two are exclusive to each)
> Product often cost a lot to produce and have slow build times
> Without being destroyed (preventing further replication if caught/wiped) they can be reused by science
> Bundles are a excellent choice for confiscated syndicate links

Spoiler: