Re-add RCDs ability to deconstruct R-walls

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re-add RCDs ability to deconstruct R-walls

Post by Helios » #135269

This nerf was originally done when AI core was where gravity generator is on Box, and malf had dreadfully low win rates. Malf AIs now have an ability to explode them.
I suggest we re-add deconstruction of R-walls, but have it be like when you thermite an R-wall. The lore explanation would be that it ignites the plasteel inside the R-wall
This stops instantly going in, the fire/sparks make it less subtle, but it also gives RCD some power, and a reason people want to steal it.
Last edited by Helios on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Re-add RCDs ability to deconstruct R-walls

Post by oranges » #135270

That's honestly quite a good idea.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135271

Engineering has RCDs everywhere, and this'd mean they can RCD into the Armory/AI core (when the AI isn't malf, just traitor or subverted)/everywhere ever. They're powerful enough as it is, what with being able to take down doors and reload via metal and glass.
Helios

Post by Helios » #135275

TheNightingale wrote:Engineering has RCDs everywhere, and this'd mean they can RCD into the Armory/AI core (when the AI isn't malf, just traitor or subverted)/everywhere ever. They're powerful enough as it is, what with being able to take down doors and reload via metal and glass.
Last time I checked there was one RCD in the Eva crate, and you could make more through a hacked autolathe and that was it.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #135278

Welcome to power creep the musical. Engis now get 3 free full ones for some reason.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Helios

Post by Helios » #135281

Supermichael777 wrote:Welcome to power creep the musical. Engis now get 3 free full ones for some reason.
No. I understand the logic, it's just if you give them to engies you have a job that can solely break into the armory from space. Currently only shaft miners can do that, and it involves strong gibtonite, assuming you don't just slowly deconstruct with tools. Basically there is complaints that R&D gets all the cool shit. RCDs are incredibly powerful if they re-get deconstructing walls, as they can get you anywhere. The idea that R-walls can be deconstructed and people can enter from anywhere is just a very positive dynamic I think. R-walls are just too powerful as 99% of the time it is better to go around them then through them. Which means places will always get broken into from the same way which is just boring
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #135294

The solution to the armory problem is to actually give sec access to their airlocks and get rid of that stupid rule about not being able to move the armory or fortify the engine room.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #135330

If R-walls are too much of a binary problem, then the obvious solution is to nerf them - giving engineers another power creep item is not a solution to the problem.

Maybe remove two steps of r-wall deconstruction. After all, walls got buffed with the addition of another deconstruction step a while back, and r-walls inherited this.
Mime: Depresso
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #135339

But r-walls are fine.
They're easily deconstructable given a bit of time, which is exactly their purpose.

RCD's have been grossly overbuffed and spread all over the place, which was a retarded 'fix' to the fact that construction has become (even more) slow and tedious, due to changes like walls having extra steps to decon, and delays to various construction steps.

If you buff the RCD to decon r-walls, its serious powercreep - you can already decon like, I don't even know how many anymore, but a shitload of walls now that RCD's have 160 capacity (more than x5 their old cap), and can also be refilled with any misc metal and shit, which gives you functionally infinite usage with a couple of stacks of shit.

If you need to decon r-walls fast you've already got thermite, c4 and diamon drills (or is it sonic jackhammers? Can't remember which). Also mech RCD's can decon r-walls at range no less.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #135344

RCDs wouldn't of needed buffed past their capacity if SOMEONE didn't add a delay to building shit.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Helios

Post by Helios » #135358

lumipharon wrote:But r-walls are fine.
They're easily deconstructable given a bit of time, which is exactly their purpose.

RCD's have been grossly overbuffed and spread all over the place, which was a retarded 'fix' to the fact that construction has become (even more) slow and tedious, due to changes like walls having extra steps to decon, and delays to various construction steps.

If you buff the RCD to decon r-walls, its serious powercreep - you can already decon like, I don't even know how many anymore, but a shitload of walls now that RCD's have 160 capacity (more than x5 their old cap), and can also be refilled with any misc metal and shit, which gives you functionally infinite usage with a couple of stacks of shit.

If you need to decon r-walls fast you've already got thermite, c4 and diamon drills (or is it sonic jackhammers? Can't remember which). Also mech RCD's can decon r-walls at range no less.
It's not powercreep if you are returning a feature that they already had.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #135489

several years ago.

Lets double taser stun times, it's not power creep, they used to have that :^)
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #135496

What if you only gave that ability to the EVA RCD, and not the roundstart engineering RCDs? I mean, you'd still have to break into a high-security area with a motion sensor (is it still there?) if you wanted to fuck around with the armory/AI core.

I'd suggest giving RnD some sort of RCD upgrade kit but there's already enough bullshit there right now.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #135500

ExplosiveCrate wrote:What if you only gave that ability to the EVA RCD, and not the roundstart engineering RCDs? I mean, you'd still have to break into a high-security area with a motion sensor (is it still there?) if you wanted to fuck around with the armory/AI core.

I'd suggest giving RnD some sort of RCD upgrade kit but there's already enough bullshit there right now.
Like a military RCD?
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #135508

Anonmare wrote: Like a military RCD?
Just call it "Advanced RCD", like the CE's hardsuit.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135509

There already are combat RCDs - the engineering ERTs get them. I think they hold more charges or something.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #136069

RCD is already insanely powerful, with this change every antag engineer will just instantly RCD the armory and take it. Or any other reinforced area such as the AI core (not all AI's are malf)/brig/whatever.

It just turns the RCD even more into a complete all access tool than it already is.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Helios

Post by Helios » #136082

CPTANT wrote:RCD is already insanely powerful, with this change every antag engineer will just instantly RCD the armory and take it. Or any other reinforced area such as the AI core (not all AI's are malf)/brig/whatever.

It just turns the RCD even more into a complete all access tool than it already is.
Okay, then remove the 3 RCDs in engineering, cut the ammo capacity from 160 to 40, like it was, and put it back as only something from autolathe/EVA
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136093

>autolathe

Cue Cargo shitting them out like nothing.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #136094

DemonFiren wrote:>autolathe

Cue Cargo shitting them out like nothing.
Yeah, they always could, too.
It wasn't a problem because AI was on a sattelite, and everyone else knew that they could make them.
Like how genetics can shit out hulks out like nothing, who can break R-walls
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136096

>comparing rcds to hulks

Dude, I'm starting to run out of greentext arrows.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #136112

DemonFiren wrote:>comparing rcds to hulks

Dude, I'm starting to run out of greentext arrows.
Hulk and RCDs are cool shit that isn't in R&D.
Which there's not much of, by the way.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #136113

When RCD capacity was buffed so was the amount of charges it took to decon stuff
You can make lile 50 floors now but can still only decon 3 airlocks
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕