Remove the common channel from headsets

A place to record your ideas for the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Remove the common channel from headsets

Post by oranges » #136728

Bottom post of the previous page:

this should be in the shitty ideas thread.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #136730

ShadowDimentio wrote:Hey buddy. You posted in the wrong thread. The bad ideas thread is down the hall to the left.
Tfw nobody quotes my post in agreement

Why live
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #136744

Take away all headsets from greys and all spares around the ship.

Give the captain a button that prevents people outside of heads from talking over general.

ruin everything
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #136745

You know those authentication devices that you use to escalate to code red? There could be a "Radio silence" option added to those.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #136753

Am I the only one who likes the game for its social aspect?

I mean, seriously. Most of the game's systems are terrible. Combat is terrible, things like R&D are bad, most of them are just a recipe of clicks that you have to repeat over and over. Gets old quickly enough.

Talking to people though? Really doesn't. Which is why I like security and meaningful command roles (and assistant lately).

And now you want to make it so you don't have anyone to talk to a lot of the time (hell, something like service or medical channels barely even get used), AND you also are subject to be killed by something you have no hope of countering (unless perhaps you shy away from every person closer than 5 tiles to you), even just by screaming "AI help". What's the point? You want to be able to come up to anyone with a stunprod, without them being able to do anything? Department radio is all good and all, but security response time is not good now, and without common it will increase tenfold. Unless there's particularly good AI, or particularly caring coworker (if you do have ANY coworkers at all), anyone's fair game for traitors basically.

Paranoia, you say? Well, currently being antagonist can make me pretty fucking paranoid, it's a welcome challenge to complete the objectives because I know that if I'm careless, a train of harm batons is coming. I'm not sure why you believe that traitors should have an easy time. That seems counter intuitive. They are the ones with agenda, they should overcome challenges to complete it, not just be handed it on a silver platter.

And if being a regular member of crew is not exciting enough for you, well. Have you tried may be... roleplaying? Shocking, I know. Instead of being afraid of everyone around (I guess that's what you mean by "paranoia"), avoiding other people and just looting survival gear every round, actually start interacting with others more. It can be pretty fun, trust me.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #136758

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Am I the only one who likes the game for its social aspect?
no
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #136771

Most of the people that play this are cretins though and aren't good to interact with
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136810

is it this time of year again?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #136834

there's request consoles on the station, they could be actually be used instead of being pointless
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #136873

FFS guys stop flaming each other over this. I think it's an interesting idea to try, as everyone can hear the common channel via intercom.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #138405

If I'm reading this correctly, you have no fear from losing your shitposting/memes. You can use an intercomm, which most rooms have, just ':i' instead of ';' . Also buildable intercoms would be nice.

If you want to hear the memes, simply turn on your local intercomm's speaker.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #138437

Boiling down 90% of the communication in game to "just memes" is dumb
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #138562

shaps, i agree with you.