Cyberpunk shit

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Cyberpunk shit

Post by Jacough » #143060

Spoiler:
How do we introduce some cyberpunk elements to SS13?
idea:
- backdoor access disk + laptop: Lets you hack into pretty much any console. Insert the disk into a console and use the laptop to access the terminal from anywhere on the z-level. Slide that disk into a security records computer and laugh as security sets you to arrest only to be baffled by you taking yourself off arrest. Blow people's minds as you beat an arcade game... REMOTELY! Space the HoS by calling the gulag shuttle just as he's about to board it!
Warning: The shit you're doing is visible to anyone else using the console. If a sec officer accesses a terminal that you're using, they're going to see you clicking through the records and know that something's up.

Boom mic:
Looks like a station bounce radio but actually picks up conversations and lists their location. Security scrambling to hunt you down? Use this to listen in on the officers' conversations and get an idea of where they are. When this tool is activated, all their conversations in chat will have their general location listed next to their lines of speech, similar to what officer beepsky does (bridge, central hallway, dorms, etc.). Also useful for hunting down your target.
Last edited by Jacough on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Cyberpunk shit

Post by Gun Hog » #143062

They seem like traitor/Ninja/Stealth Op items.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #143065

Spoiler:
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #143081

only if i can bisect dudes with shards of glass like in snow crash
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #143087

Super Aggro Crag wrote:only if i can bisect dudes with shards of glass like in snow crash
[youtube]DeO_vuhMM9o[/youtube]
This fuckin' monofilament whip thing. You can't have cyberpunk anything without a monofilament whip.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #143092

Audio Bugs that can be attached to consoles, cameras, fire alarms, air alarms, apcs, SMESs, lamps, picture frames, hydrophonic trays, microwaves, exosuit fabricatiors, destructive analyzers, and crates.
Costs two TC, comes with a encrpytion key that plugs into your headset to play audio picked up from the bug.

Explosive Audio Bugs, Costs 3 TC, functionally the same as Audio Bugs, but if the item its attached to is disassmebled, it will explode at the equalvilancy of a C4 charge.

Directional Sonic Explosive, costs 5 TC, place it on a wall, and it fires a sonic boom 180 degrees in the direction its facing, this incapacitates, knocks out, does brute damage, causes hearing loss (permanant, depending on range from the blast) shatters glass, cameras, and consoles, breaks display cases, pushes loose objects away from the blast, and makes a loud as fuck noise when its detonated.

Strobe Device - Costs 1 TC, can be used as a stand alone, will flicker the flashes effect on in off if a person is visible to them (epilepsy warning is added to motd) Can be plugged into a actual flash, a flashlight, or laser pointer to modify the effects

Tactical Camera - Costs 5 TC - Use in active hand while standing at the edge of a wall, and it will reveal what is around the corner, can be attached to jumpsuit and assigned a hotkey. Can be attached to gun, and assigned a hotkey. Can be attached to a actual camera to be functionally the same to a camera bug.

Tactical Mirror - Costs 1 TC - Use in active hand to see around the corner, can be welded to a gun to see around a corner. Thats it.

Ionic Particle Grenade - Costs 9 TC - Applies 500 units of Hydrosulfuric Acid to everything in its viewing distance. Basically the same as vaporizing everything it sees.

Sonic Shield - Costs 14 TC - Acts as a energy shield thats permanantly turned on, use it in your active hand to activate a sonic boom, that does everything the grenade does, has 6 uses, can be recharged at a standard recharger, once it runs out of sonic charges, the shield will shut off and become the same as a inactive energy shield. Can be swapped out with higher capacity cells to increase boom charges.

Explosive Battery - Costs 1 TC - Starts off as a high capacity battery, right click it to change its skin to any type of battery (including bluespace and gold admin batterys) It however, has no charge what so ever. Putting this in a device, then using the device will gib the user, and expose the tile he's standing on to space. (inb4 replace all the stun batons with these, sec trys to stun you and gets gibbed)

Tactical Backpack - Costs 11 TC - Can change to any backpack skin, functions as a dufflebag with no speed loss, Once you put it on it ID locks to you, if you take it off again without swipping your ID on it, it becomes a primed minibomb

Nanofibre Bola - Costs 4 TC - Target one of the legs, throw it at a person, trips and stuns for 10 seconds, takes 3 seconds to remove. Switch to lethal setting and it cuts off their legs
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #143096

Make Deckard's gun AKA That Gun a detective could access if they beat some puzzle or something.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #143221

Cyberspace. Next big leap for SS13.

Also, custom borgs. Any kind of presets are bad and too limiting for borgs. Waste of potential.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143269

A lot of the concepts in SS13 are fairly cyberpunk-ish, they just aren't sprited that way. For example, loads of stuff has wiring that can be hacked, there's a whole room for inserting different circuits into THE MAINFRAME, I mean, the AI, security as 'thugs for hire' viciously beating down the crew with stun-batons and taser bullets, the fact the station's run by a corporation for profit instead of a government, gadgets like the voice changer, laser pointer, PDA, the way everything's hooked up to CCTV, and so on.

What would really turn that into 'cyberpunk' would be respriting that into a more cohesive, gritty deus ex-ish style. That doesn't necessarily work well with sprites though, and at any rate our style is inconsistent. It's also a hell of a lot of work.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #143273

that's very true.

a more explicit cyberspace layer might be cool, but it would be a huge project and would probably need an experienced coder.

you could probably do some cool stuff with it. i've tossed some ideas around about AI control of the station etc. that could be put into action with such a layer, however i'm an idea guy and can't do shit so :^)
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #143279

Goon's VR stuff might be a good jumping-off point codewise if we want to create a cyberspace layer. (Yes, Goon is closed source, but they've been known to release bits of their code to developers for other codebases when asked nicely.)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.