Surgery: Implants and Organs thread.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Surgery: Implants and Organs thread.

Post by Helios » #143286

Implanting and surgery is a fun aspect that doesn't get done enough from my perspective. So post here fun ideas for what specific alien organs should do.
Surgery on a Plasmaman chest should extract a Plasma processor, which when implanted in a human should let them breath plasma freely. Rarely useful but why not.

Abductors should have special organs in every spot, because the idea of turning back and abducting and harvesting organs of abductors is a neat reversal.
Abductor Eyes:"weird" thermals that could see specific things through walls, so computers or something like that. Open to neat ideas.
Abductor Brain: gets implanted in brain spot. Acts like Holoparasite, with a private chat channel between you and the brain. Also lets you send a message to anyone on the Z-level through psychic powers. Maybe has the option to randomly teleport, similar to a telecrystal/reactive teleport armor?
Abductor Appendix: Doubles the effect of any drug. If you take 5 units of synthflesh, it acts like 10 units. Take 5 morphine and it acts like 10. Is good, but also makes it incredibly easy to OD.
Abductor Heart: I don't know what for this one
Carp Toxin Implant: When implanted in the stomach gives you the Toxic Spit ability. Range of 3, 10 Toxin damage+ some carpotoxin, 20 second cool down.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: Surgery: Implants and Organs thread.

Post by Takeguru » #143303

I've noticed it too.
I've gotten back in to mining and of the 4 times I brought back hivelord cores, thrice I had to walk people through the surgery because they had no idea they could be implanted.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143306

Most new players choose medical doctor because they've been told it's an easy job with low stress and low amounts of skill needed to do it. This is untrue.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #143312

I see the most new players picking cargo tech normally cause it says somewhere on the wiki that it's a fairly easy job but med doctor is close behind.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143333

Medical is kind of low-effort most of the time, though. If things are going well there's very little to do, and our medical system is easy enough for anyone to learn. Skill comes in triage and handling crowds effectively, along with memorising things like surgeries and medicines, but it's not that tricky to learn.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #143418

Medical is just follow the steps and do it quickly so everyone doesn't bleed out, as far as jobs go you don't have to try and herd cats and be robust enough to keep order.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #143422

"You don't have to try and herd cats"? Try treating a paranoid patient sometime. "A traitor went into medical earlier so YOU'RE ALL TRYING TO KILL ME", and then they start bashing the MDs with a fire extinguisher. And then there's the ones who run into the recovery room, steal the soap and syringe gun, then run back out... you're allowed to throw acid on those, right? Hypothetically?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #149242

TheNightingale wrote:"You don't have to try and herd cats"? Try treating a paranoid patient sometime. "A traitor went into medical earlier so YOU'RE ALL TRYING TO KILL ME", and then they start bashing the MDs with a fire extinguisher. And then there's the ones who run into the recovery room, steal the soap and syringe gun, then run back out... you're allowed to throw acid on those, right? Hypothetically?
And/Or drug and forcibly gender-reassign them.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #151250

Just throwing out a bunch of random hostile mob implant ideas. Give them a random drop on each respective mob, so keep miners from coming back as super implanted horrors, but still leave the possibility.

Goliath Sinew: Lets user throw out a single goliath tentacle, medium cooldown
Goldgrub Guts: Allows user to eat ore and spit out refined metal. Can also eat regular walls.
Basilisk Eye: Gives user long cool down Ice Beam attack. Cuts through an hardsuit or cold protection.

Xeno claws (useless as it stands) Grant user +5 brute melee attack plus bleeding, can not use guns in that hand. Implanting both hands grants +15 brute damage, and counts as insulated gloves
Space Bear Arms: Gives use "Bear Arms" and adds brute damage to choking, and +5 brute damage on attacks. Replaces basic punch/kick emote with "practices their rights to bear arms!"
Carp: Carpotoxin gland. Noted early. LOW drop
Megacarp: Increased carpotoxin gland drop
Magicarp: Fireball gland
Chaos Carp: Chaos Bolt gland

Spider: Spinnerets. Allows silk production, and protects against being stuck in silk
Morphling: Bottomless stomach. You gain the morphling's ability to eat anything, and may vomit it ALL back up at once.
Faithless: Arm Blade. Gain a changeling arm blade. Forever.
Bees: Stingers: Replace punch with sting. Causes minor toxic damage with histamin, and gives the "You feel a slight prick" notification.
Hivebot: Gun arm: Replace your arm with a gun! Consumes nutriment to make bullets, and is about as effective as the detective's gun, but without the stamina damage.
"Crate": Mimic skin. Like chameleon projector, but only for crates and lockers
Syndicate Operative: Syndicate implant. Lets you use syndicate pinned equipment freely.
Syndicate Commando: Random Operative Implant, be is Adreneal, Thermal Optics, Reviver, etc. Pray you get an uplink implant
Space Wizard: No idea. Maybe magic crystals you can use to recharge wands? Or make wands if you get enough of them. Or Staves if you get A LOT of them. Like. ALOT.
Brainslug: Organ that grants chem storage, and one random changeling power.

Skeletons: Replacement limbs. Turns you into a skeleton, piece by piece.
Ice Skeleton: Into a COLD skeleton, piece by piece.
Undead Crusader: Good enough.
"Trees": Sap gland. You don't suffer bloodloss.
Zombies: Organ that makes you a sentient zombie.
Blood Demon: True Demon Heart. Gives you bloodwalk, increased brute damage and damage reduction. Requires organ transplant.
"Creature" Eldritch Organ: Random chest implant. Any kind
Blobbernaught Gland: Damage increase, and damage reduction based on damage type of blob.

These are just a bunch of hairbrained ideas, based off the ol' hivelord core implant. Give them all a percentage chance of dropping from each mob, and it makes becoming a big game hunter (Or xenobiology MADMAN) into an exciting, reward filled prospect. Makes teams more useful in away missions, as a little ghetto surgery can suddenly even all the odds.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151266

>eat anything
>vomit it all back up

Vorestation's legendary nuke rounds come to mind.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #151616

Just a thought, based on what the morphling does. Figure the "Disguise as anything" power is a little too much.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #155849

Not taking into consideration balance, the idea of mutilated superhuman abominations with questionable human status sounds really fucking cool. Imagine being an RD and having your robo eating walls and tentacle-violating caressing the crew as your own personal monster. Also, what about a chance of the body rejecting the organs or something? Just an idea.
Spoiler:
newfren wrote:I see the most new players picking cargo tech normally cause it says somewhere on the wiki that it's a fairly easy job but med doctor is close behind.
This reminds me, I feel like saying cargo tech is the good beginner job is a little silly. Having a cargo crew fucking up and ordering part crates and not sending the empty crates back can be a serious impediment on the station during blob or rev. I feel like possibly the easiest beginner job is xenobio, as its very separate from the crew, relatively simple and well-explained, and easy to hyperfocus on. It was the job where I learned how to play, despite trying doctor and cargo tech before that. Having a new player hole up in xenobio, especially on meta, let's them learn the controls with little impact on the crew while still feeling accomplished.

Also, confession, I've been playing for fucking ages and cargo tech is one of the last jobs I ever learned