Idea: HoP as Vault Manager

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Timrod

Idea: HoP as Vault Manager

Post by Timrod » #9614

As everyone who plays HoP knows, HoP is the most boring head position. There's really nothing special about his role. This is my idea to change that.

The HoP would logically be behind station payroll, so I had an idea: What if the HoP had a side job as a stockbroker who gambles away the station's finances?

The idea is that the HoP gets access to the Space Stock Market, on which he can buy and sell stock. Stock is bought and sold using Space Cash, some of which already starts in the vault. Space Cash made by service borgs would be remade into fake space cash.

Stocks fluctuate every few ticks, giving the HoP a chance to make (or lose) millions. A small amount of cash spawns every few minutes to represent station payroll. Space Cash can be traded to Centcom via a processing machine/computer and traded for unique items - expensive furniture for the HoP's office, gold-plated dog collars for Ian, gold bars, live xenos for Xenobio, etc. Space Cash can also be sent via the cargo shuttle to buy supply points.

Of course, with great money comes a new traitor objective - steal the station's money and make a getaway.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Idea: HoP as Vault Manager

Post by Jeb » #9637

I..

I like this. Pls fund, spessstarter it or something.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #9652

*Finster intensifies*
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #9665

Lovecraft wrote:*Finster intensifies*
Yes, good goy. Make the money useful!
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #9672

So the HoP is the jew middleman that watches over cargo and the station's finances? This is an amazing idea and I support it fully.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #9738

I actually like this.

For bonus points, make people actually get payed, so that the HoP can spend that on things, gamble it away or simply steal it from the staff.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #9745

There would have to be a sizeable amount of coding for most of this but everyone pretty much normally agrees it should occur but making it so people use it may be hard to do.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #9747

I say keep currency out of the dirty goyi- err, crews, hands. Vending machines, etc, should still be free. No one actually jets paid, the HoP just gets license to swim in the money. It's not "his" or anyone elses money, it's the stations.

Otherwise I love this.
Timrod

Post by Timrod » #9754

Pybro wrote:I say keep currency out of the dirty goyi- err, crews, hands. Vending machines, etc, should still be free. No one actually jets paid, the HoP just gets license to swim in the money. It's not "his" or anyone elses money, it's the stations.

Otherwise I love this.
That's the idea. The money in the vault is the station's retirement fund or something, not effecting anything outside of Centcom trading and buying cargo points... and crafting into piles to form a cash throne.

Actually, part of my initial vision for this was using the cash to buy job slots rather than having them be purely timer based - the HoP can hire tons of engineers if there are power issues or atmos techs to fix pipes after a bombing. Of course, traitor HoPs can use it to hire 50 clowns.

However, a literal cash pool could be a pretty neat addition.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #9901

I like the idea of this being tied to cargo points somehow.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #10002

This is an amazing idea. Greenlight it.
Winsome Lousome - A Winsome lass with criminal tendencies.
Kwisatz Haderach - Blue haired prophet of engineering.
Steals-The-Thing - That fucking ligger stole the pen out of my PDA.