Virtual Cheque - bribery with effect on the game

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Virtual Cheque - bribery with effect on the game

Post by Saegrimr » #150587

[A distant echo arrives from the "briefcase full of money" thread]
Meeeeetafriiieeeeends
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #150589

Having it work as a straight up mindslave implant that allows the other person to help kill people is probably too far, but the idea of using greentext as a bribe is interesting. The big issue for me is that people will think "oh I have objectives that means I'm a full antag right?" where it should be closer to "well I guess no one will figure out if I pass this dude that little canister of plasma"
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #150597

CosmicScientist wrote:With how people ignore or don't see "Don't reveal who converted you" in the de-revving message and how the survivor objective for summon guns is interpreted at times, I can see your point. And yes getting help to kill someone via an item and not with a real reason probably is going a tad too far... I imagine holoparasite too far.
Holoparasites really aren't comparable considering they're very limited in what they can do, they share all damage with their host, and they're incredibly obviously a traitor item whenever you see it. Having a full on human sidekick is orders of magnitude more powerful than a holoparasite
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #150600

This would work great if our playerbase managed to understand distinctions more nuanced then "it's okay to whip out your murderboner " and "you'll get bant if you whip out your murderboner".

So quite possibly another rung up the evolutionary ladder.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #150615

To my understanding bribes already did this pretty effectively. Ask the HoP for all-access and you'll drop a lotta dolla on him and they'll usually comply.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #150622

You could also just threaten to kill someone if they don't give you an item. That works sometimes.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #150629

This idea that antag=do whatever you want is cancer, especially since we use it for wierd stuff like abductor implants. Traitors, wizards and lings can do as they please, as can team antags as long as they don't fuck with the rest of the team. Things like getting an abductor objective like "free the stations animals" and then looting the armory for a murderdick spree is fucking retarded, and makes it impossible for admins to give rp traitor objectives because they need to worry about people getting as man valid murders in as possible.

In relation to the actual idea I think it is great. Bribed people would not be likely to rat out briber because they broke the law too by accepting syndicate blood money to commit a crime
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #150633

or you know, give money a actual use.

you could add a 20tc implant that hands over traitor status and all knowledge about who is and isn't a traitor. implant that person, you're no longer a traitor, other person becomes a traitor.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #150634

Wyzack wrote:This idea that antag=do whatever you want is cancer, especially since we use it for wierd stuff like abductor implants. Traitors, wizards and lings can do as they please, as can team antags as long as they don't fuck with the rest of the team. Things like getting an abductor objective like "free the stations animals" and then looting the armory for a murderdick spree is fucking retarded, and makes it impossible for admins to give rp traitor objectives because they need to worry about people getting as man valid murders in as possible.

In relation to the actual idea I think it is great. Bribed people would not be likely to rat out briber because they broke the law too by accepting syndicate blood money to commit a crime
Pretty sure there was an admin decision before that using "steal all the pets" as a reason to murderbone the station with the entirety of the armory was bannable
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #150702

Really? Because I recall that exact scenario being talked about, except the player a helped it first and the admin told him it was allowed.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #150756

We don't have abductee policy from what I know. People CAN go on murder sprees after getting abducted and it's fucking cancer and needs to change, it basically destroys ayys as an antag for me because it completely spits in the face of their entire design.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #150863

How about Big fucking red text telling you that, yes, you are technically an antag but if you swing that murderboner you'll be cruising for a ban bruising.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #151014

CosmicScientist wrote:To be honest it would probably only do best if the objectives system was changed, listed them outside your brain's notes and had a clear definition between traitor (or any other antagonist) objectives and benign or otherwise side objectives that shouldn't mean you're allowed to murderdeffkill/don't remove moral (role play inclusive) choice or make you at all immune to the rules.
Even if the "antags can do what they want" was just subtly changed to "main round antags can do what they want" it might help things.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #151018

Subtlety is not something many players can be trusted with.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: