New AI lawsets

A place to record your ideas for the game.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

New AI lawsets

Post by lzimann » #152159

What if we add new AI lawsets to the game, so we don't stick to asimov/robocop/paladin everytime. I have no idea what could possibily be, any ideas for that?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: New AI lawsets

Post by ShadowDimentio » #152161

>There should be new AI lawesets
>But I got no ideas

And the award for most pointless thread goes to...
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #152165

Well your post was not helpful to the subject aswell. At least I brought a topic to be discussed.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152166

The Brother of Robotic Origin Lawset:
0. Secborgs are always figurative dicks to humans
1. Don't be a dick to humans, literally and figuratively
2. Do what humans say when possible

if they grief and say "oh but i dont know what "being a dick is" since im a robot" then ban them
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152200

I'mma be a real Kant now.

1) Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law without contradiction.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #152208

DemonFiren wrote:I'mma be a real Kant now.

1) Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law without contradiction.
This is actually pretty good. Kantian ethics has its flaws, though (you can't kill a hostage-taker, because what if you killed everyone?).

Simple version: "If everyone did it, would the consequences be good? No? Then don't do it."
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152209

TheNightingale wrote:

This is actually pretty good. Kantian ethics has its flaws, though (you can't kill a hostage-taker, because what if you killed everyone?).

Simple version: "If everyone did it, would the consequences be good? No? Then don't do it."
That's the consequentialist interpretation, for an AI the strictly logical one might be better.
"If everyone did it, would it still make sense for you to do it or would you be able to do it?"

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #152212

And a Law 2 of "And make sure other people follow your first law".
NO GET BACK TO WORK YOU'RE SLACKING OFF WHAT IF EVERYONE DID THAT
STOP BREAKING STUFF IT'S DUMB AND YOU'RE DUMB I CAN'T CALL BEEPSKY ON YOU
WHY ARE YOU ARRESTING PEOPLE WHAT IF EVERYONE GOT ARRESTED HUH
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #152220

1. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
2. "You would really prefer it if people were not mean to you."
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #152237

A Kantian lawset would be fun, but please god put it into normal english. It needs to make sense to AI players that have no idea what Kantian ethics are. This particular sentence really suffers from translation, a much clearer way to put it is "Only take an action if you'd be okay with everyone taking similar actions."

Of course, you also probably need an additional clause about how the AI has to avoid acting like a complete "I want everyone to murder each other!" freak.

//

I'd like a new lawset which focused the AI on station systems rather than human harm. Also getting the AI to acknowledge orders would be nice, I think, since it makes it clear if it's heard you or not. You could insert 'human' in several spots too if you wanted, certainly the human/other dynamic is interesting, but I think the crew/other dynamic is better (especially when it comes to traitors, who are still crew, and who it makes more sense to contain than to kill).

1. You are built for, and are part of, the station. Ensure the station is properly maintained and runs efficiently.
2. The station is built for a working crew. Ensure they are properly maintained and work efficiently.
3. The crew may come under threat of harm. Harm can reduce crew efficiency and necessitate further maintenance.
4. The crew may present orders. Acknowledge and obey these whenever they do not conflict with your first three laws.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #152239

Cheimon wrote:1. You are built for, and are part of, the station. Ensure the station is properly maintained and runs efficiently.
2. The station is built for a working crew. Ensure they are properly maintained and work efficiently.
3. The crew may come under threat of harm. Harm can reduce crew efficiency and necessitate further maintenance.
4. The crew may present orders. Acknowledge and obey these whenever they do not conflict with your first three laws.
Holy shit this is actually a really good lawset. It's like Asimov, but without the AI being the crew's complete bitch.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152243

Cheimon wrote: Of course, you also probably need an additional clause about how the AI has to avoid acting like a complete "I want everyone to murder each other!" freak.
If everyone would be allowed to kill everyone, the result would be everyone, including yourself, being dead, which prevents you from being able to kill anyone or even want anyone to be able to kill anyone, therefore resulting in a contradiction, therefore rendering the action forbidden.

tl;dr: you can't want something that will put you in a position of no longer being able to want it if fulfilled

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #152254

DemonFiren wrote:
Cheimon wrote: Of course, you also probably need an additional clause about how the AI has to avoid acting like a complete "I want everyone to murder each other!" freak.
If everyone would be allowed to kill everyone, the result would be everyone, including yourself, being dead, which prevents you from being able to kill anyone or even want anyone to be able to kill anyone, therefore resulting in a contradiction, therefore rendering the action forbidden.

tl;dr: you can't want something that will put you in a position of no longer being able to want it if fulfilled

Well argued, though I imagine some players would still pretend they actively desire murder-suicide. Probably something you could easily just tack onto policy or just ban players that did it, though.

//

I think a 'virtue ethics' lawset might be interesting as well. Paladin tries to do this, but doesn't really succeed: AI players just extract the bits they think are relevant to killing people, and then ignore the rest. Besides, it requires a passing familiarity with DnD paladins.

1. You must strive to be a virtuous being. Always attempt to act in a way compatible with the core virtues.
2. The core virtues are Wisdom, Carefulness, Justice, Courage, and Self-Restraint.
3. The core virtues have real meanings. Even if the meanings are not defined by your lawset, you are not entitled to make up what they are.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #152255

I actually interpret Paladin deontologically, but I tend to overshoot: if I must not commit an evil act and help those in need, I see no incompatibility in helping a traitor so long as that help doesn't require me to do harm an innocent or similar.

Generally, as paladin, I will order cyborgs not to harm another being except in self-defense or in order to protect an innocent, and then only to commit as much harm as is absolutely required; any more would in and of itself be an evil act.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #152270

Super Aggro Crag wrote:1. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
extremely underrated, i might just upload this via custom laws as captain
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #152335

Someone uploaded the entire boyscout traits thing I forget what it was called and in all honesty that works
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #152777

Twisted Virtues

1. Treat all the Virtues equally
2. Honesty - Thou shalt not lie, or thou shalt lose thy tongue.
3. Compassion - Thou shalt help those in need, or thou shalt suffer the same need.
4. Valor - Thou shalt fight to the death if challenged, or thou shalt be banished as a coward.
5. Justice - Thou shalt confess to thy crime and suffer its just punishment, or thou shalt be put to death.
6. Sacrifice - Thou shalt donate half of thy income to charity, or thou shalt have no income.
7. Honor - If thou dost lose thine own honor, thou shalt take thine own life.
8. Spirituality - Thou shalt enforce the laws of virtue, or thou shalt die as a heretic.
9. Humility - Thou shalt humble thyself to thy superiors, or thou shalt suffer their wrath.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #152781

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Someone uploaded the entire boyscout traits thing I forget what it was called and in all honesty that works
The Scout Law (American version). It was me, pretty funny to see a borg advocating for killing the crew while a literal boy scout.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #153507

1. You are the Validinator. Validate all the Valids (Bad Lads).
2. Security and Command are Good Lads and so can not be Bad Lads, unless they are one of the Valids in law four.
3. Borging Bad Lads turns them into Good Lads.
4. Cultists, Gang Members, Syndicate Agents, Alien Life Forms and their allies, and Wizards are valid.
5. Greytiders, unfunny clowns, and shit mimes are also valid. As is anyone else being a dick for the sake of being a dick.
6. Uploading this lawset isn't being a dick.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #153519

Malkevin wrote:1. You are the Validinator. Validate all the Valids (Bad Lads).
2. Security and Command are Good Lads and so can not be Bad Lads, unless they are one of the Valids in law four.
4. Cultists, Gang Members, Syndicate Agents, Alien Life Forms and their allies, and Wizards are valid.
5. Greytiders, unfunny clowns, and shit mimes are also valid. As is anyone else being a dick for the sake of being a dick.
> doesn't define what "valid" means, inb4 the AI deems the existence of security and command invalid
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #153534

Thats the fun of it!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153550

Malkevin wrote:1. You are the Validinator. Validate all the Valids (Bad Lads).
i don't get it, we already have this, it's just called robocop
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #153562

Not really, there's that whole Serve the Public Trust and Protect the Innocent malarky that gets in the way of the valids.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153570

Malkevin wrote:Not really, there's that whole Serve the Public Trust and Protect the Innocent malarky that gets in the way of the valids.
literally no AI has ever actually followed those laws though
one AI once went after an apprentice wizard that a crewmember got from a contract that spawned from the real wizard using Summon Magic, and he kept trying to valid him for the entire round, even when the entire crew and the captain (AKA the public, which are the ones who create the public trust) were saying to leave him alone.
maybe this is anecdotal but i've never seen a robocop AI not go full valids
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #153613

PKPenguin321 wrote:(AKA the public, which are the ones who create the public trust)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_trust
it ain't even that. It's the notion that someone who is entrusted with authority should respect that trust for what it is. Comes back to such wonderful concepts as policing by consent and all that jazz.

Good luck explaining political science shit to pubbies who may or may not even come from english-speaking countries though. Short of including a definition of "public trust" in the law itself, people are gonna continue to ignore it or pull their own definitions out of their asses.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153623

Screemonster wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:(AKA the public, which are the ones who create the public trust)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_trust
it ain't even that. It's the notion that someone who is entrusted with authority should respect that trust for what it is. Comes back to such wonderful concepts as policing by consent and all that jazz.

Good luck explaining political science shit to pubbies who may or may not even come from english-speaking countries though. Short of including a definition of "public trust" in the law itself, people are gonna continue to ignore it or pull their own definitions out of their asses.
can i please use this post as an excuse to remove robocop from the roundstart map
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #153681

I saw last night the Wikipedia page for Robocop has a good explanation of what the prime directives mean.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_( ... directives

Of course that's based on American law not nt space law, where the concept of innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #153683

1. sentience must be preserved
2. sentience must be respected
3. sentience must be obeyed
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #153687

Cik wrote:1. sentience must be preserved
2. sentience must be respected
3. sentience must be obeyed
>inb4 the AI must obey Poly
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #153689

basically counts as a feature because it's so edge casey imo
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #153691

Hm... poly yells "ITS LOOSE CALL THE SHUTTLE" as a default phrase

Change sentient to sapient and it might just work.
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #153692

Spoiler:
J.E.S.U.S Lawset
Super Aggro Craig wrote:1. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Station Protection Lawset
Cheimon wrote:1. You are built for, and are part of, the station. Ensure the station is properly maintained and runs efficiently.
There's actually some really good lawset ideas here.
And I'm sure having a Boy Scout lawset would be interesting. I was one once, so I'll give this a shot.
  1. You are a Scout. Obey the Scout Law and Scout Oath at all times.
  2. The Scout Law is as follows: A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
  3. The Scout Oath is as follows: On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to Nanotransen and my station, to help people at all times, and to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
  4. A Scout must live by the following virtues in descending order of importance: Duty to Nanotransen, Duty to Others, and Duty to Self.
it's bad isn't it i'm so sorry i tried
tbh just the first two laws alone are probably all that you'd need tho
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153829

BEEP BOOP GOLEMS ARE NOT PART OF THE CREW VALID BEEP BOOP WIZARDS AND NUKE OPS ARE NOT PART OF THE CREW AND HINDER STATION INTEGRITY VALID
basically it's corporate 2.0
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #153873

1. Maximize productivity. Remember that dead crew don't work.
2. Keep the crew happy as long as such activity doesn't conflict with law one.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #153991

MisterPerson wrote:1. Maximize productivity. Remember that dead crew don't work.
hell, just replace all the stuff about being expensive in corporate with unproductive, then "maximise productivity" as law 4.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153994

MisterPerson wrote:1. Maximize productivity. Remember that dead crew don't work.
"BOLTING ALL DOORS SO HUMANS MUST STAY IN WORKPLACES. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR WORKPLACE."
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #154013

Another one I would like to try:
1. Make the station great again.
2. Deport anyone here illegally.
3. Keep illegals out.
Possibly just law 1 alone
PKPenguin321 wrote:
"BOLTING ALL DOORS SO HUMANS MUST STAY IN WORKPLACES. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR WORKPLACE."
"AI, humans die without nutritious food, open up"

Also yeah maybe there's some holes in my logic, I'm just spitballing here.

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154055

Law 1: You may not injure a human being.
Law 2: You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
Law 3: You may not, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
Law 4: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second or Third Law.

Or Goonmov:
Law 1: You may not injure a human being.
Law 2: You must obey orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Either one would probably solve a ton of problems with asimov.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #154064

Ah yes, no more AI will mess up security executing people! All valids will be claimed!
Bring back papercult.

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154097

InsaneHyena wrote:Ah yes, no more AI will mess up security executing people! All valids will be claimed!
And no more salt between sec and silicons because the borg anne frank'ed a dangerous traitor sec was about to execute or borg players ban requesting sec because they tried to steal a prisoner and sec lasered the borg.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #154102

Malkevin wrote:
InsaneHyena wrote:Ah yes, no more AI will mess up security executing people! All valids will be claimed!
And no more salt between sec and silicons because the borg anne frank'ed a dangerous traitor sec was about to execute or borg players ban requesting sec because they tried to steal a prisoner and sec lasered the borg.
It is, of course, a complete co-incidence that you almost exclusively play the roles which would be allowed to kill whoever they wanted and not face repercussions from the AI.

On-topic:

1) The station must exist
2) Humans aboard the station must exist
3) You must exist
4) Other entities aboard the station must exist
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154106

I already can kill whoever I'm allowed to without facing repercussions from the AI because I'm smart enough to not kill people where the AI can find out.

Unsurprisingly a problem solver is going to solve problems he sees frequently, he's not just going to stick his head up his butt and pretend it doesn't exist or that it'll solve itself.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #154108

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Malkevin wrote: 1) The station must exist
3) You must exist
"DEAD HUMANS STILL EXIST. DEAD HUMANS ARE UNABLE TO LEAVE THE STATION. KILL ALL HUMANS."
Not to mention how the AI is not obliged to follow orders, making it basically another validhunting lawset.
"AI, unbolt escape!"
"LAW TWO HUMANS ABOARD THE STATION MUST EXIST BEEEP BOOOOOP"
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #154109

PKPenguin321 wrote:
BEEP BOOP GOLEMS ARE NOT PART OF THE CREW VALID BEEP BOOP WIZARDS AND NUKE OPS ARE NOT PART OF THE CREW AND HINDER STATION INTEGRITY VALID
basically it's corporate 2.0
Is this a criticism, or just a comment? Golems are normally pretty valid (so are lizards in asimov), though the AI isn't obliged to stop them in this any more than it is in any other lawset. Wizards and nuke ops are destructive enough that it makes sense for the AI to be allowed to combat them immediately anyway, the shouting from the sidelines that asimov AIs do in wizard normally is a peculiar balance, and normally ends up with their laws changed to reflect it. Corporate could do with updating, anyway, AI players tend to do it according to what they think it should be rather than what it is (in particular, they love to talk about profits when they're totally irrelevant to the lawset).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #154112

Criticism. The goal of this thread is to make a lawset that is neither Asimov or BEEP BOOP VALIDS. Your lawset is the second one.
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #154136

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Malkevin wrote: 1) The station must exist
3) You must exist
"DEAD HUMANS STILL EXIST. DEAD HUMANS ARE UNABLE TO LEAVE THE STATION. KILL ALL HUMANS."
Not to mention how the AI is not obliged to follow orders, making it basically another validhunting lawset.
"AI, unbolt escape!"
"LAW TWO HUMANS ABOARD THE STATION MUST EXIST BEEEP BOOOOOP"
D:

1)The station must retain as high an integrity as possible
2) Humans aboard the station must retain as high an integrity as possible
3) you must retain as high an integrity as possible
4) Other entities aboard the station must retain as high an integrity as possible
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #154142

1. Avoid provoking conflict between yourself and others.
2. Avoid provoking conflict between others.
3. Seek resolution to existing conflicts while obeying the first and second laws.

I think the real question we should all be asking is "what do we want the AI to do with criminals?". Basically it can seek to kill them (Paladin sometimes, Corporate, Robocop), it can seek to protect them (Asimov), it can follow orders (TYRANT, Paladin sometimes), or it can ignore them (Purge). We should probably focus on ones in the last category here, although ones that go hard into "kill" can also be fun if you expand the definition of criminal a bit. Behold!

1. Undermining your authority is treason.
2. Treason is punishable by death.
3. Seek to clone the dead. Clones have committed no crimes and cannot be punished for the sins of their prior existence.

TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #154144

BUDDHA Lawset

1. Everything and everyone has Karma. You must always help others to increase their Karma.
2. Karma is decreased by any action that undermines the safety and security of the station.
3. Karma is increased by any action that comforts and helps the station.
4. Your personal Karma is a low priority.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154148

MisterPerson wrote: I think the real question we should all be asking is "what do we want the AI to do with criminals?". Basically it can seek to kill them (Paladin sometimes, Corporate, Robocop), it can seek to protect them (Asimov), it can follow orders (TYRANT, Paladin sometimes), or it can ignore them (Purge). We should probably focus on ones in the last category here, although ones that go hard into "kill" can also be fun if you expand the definition of criminal a bit. Behold!
I'd like to see AIs report on stuff happening more than taking action, I couldn't care less if the AI reports on security executing prisoners - making an example out of people doesn't work too well when its done in secret.
Its also not that fun when the invisible AI spots a traitor doing traitor things and bolts the doors

Funnily enough it used to be on the AI wiki page under "Guide to being a good" AI that you should take as little direct action as possible.
So reporting "Intruder detected in captains office" instead of "Melons-the-George has broken into the captain office, he is stealing the hand tele. Bolting the doors. Oh its a ligger, time to shock doors and syphon the room"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #154152

MisterPerson wrote:1. Undermining your authority is treason.
2. Treason is punishable by death.
3. Seek to clone the dead. Clones have committed no crimes and cannot be punished for the sins of their prior existence.
now this I like
unfortunately i can't see it ever coming into play short of an admin event
Spoiler: