Human to Plasman process

A place to record your ideas for the game.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Human to Plasman process

Post by J_Madison » #161775

Can port this from my server if you'll like this.

Requires the recipient to be wearing a special fire suit similar to the Plasman fire suit.

The process requires a dead body, but will revive the recipient if successful.

Recipient must be wearing toxins fire suit and have plasma inside the body above threshold whilst wearing plasma internals. Body must be above a certain temperature to which the recipient will get a message that their body has a small, warm, ember forming.

If successful, user will get up, albeit still extremely damaged from the process.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Human to Plasman process

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161940

> PR link please?

It sounds like a way to get people back in, but plasmamen still have brains - Is a brain or non husked/soul-less/organ removed body required?

Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #161952

No, not only plasmamen a shit, but we don't need more ways (some of which were nerfed already for that reason) to bring back dead people to life.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #161955

Lore wise I much prefer Plasmamen being a unique Alien race that subsists off of Plasma as a air source, I dislike the interpretation of them being a genetic off-shoot of Humanity.

Either way I disagree with this suggestion. People seem to want less ways of getting someone back into the round (in the same body) not more.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #162201

I know this server has always had a tenuous relationship with Lore, but as Steelpoint said, the established lore for Plasmamen on this server is that they're their own species, rather than ex-humans. I do appreciate you offering to let us port over that process though, as it's a very cool idea. If we had a different lore for Plasmamen/ there weren't already a million ways to get back in the game on this server I'd be all for it.
ImageImage
Spoiler: