Prisoner job

A place to record your ideas for the game.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Prisoner job

Post by confused rock » #163424

Permabrig is awesome but never gets used. we should have a job that just starts in permabrig already.
ATDoop
Byond Username: ATDoop

Re: Prisoner job

Post by ATDoop » #163431

What would they do? Sit around all round growing grass until they kill themselves? It would be like playing assistant, except you have no access at all and have no one to interact with. Unless you made it so they always had some sort of objective like "prove you were falsely accused" or "escape prison undetected" with the caveat that they can't kill anyone, I can't see this job being very fun.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #163434

Could always add a Gulag Officer job (with a decently stocked armory) who only have gulag access so they don't leave it, and also have a gulag prisoner job who are forced to work there and hopefully inevitably escape when their guards are killed by lava demons
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #163441

you're fat
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #163448

ATDoop wrote:What would they do?
License plates.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #163455

I actually had a full rework of the labor camp done at one point, but gave up on it because escape pods are hard and people kept causing merge conflicts on the mining z. I might do it again if people are interested

It would take a while though because I am not familiar with lavaland.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #163460

Xhuis wrote:I actually had a full rework of the labor camp done at one point, but gave up on it because escape pods are hard and people kept causing merge conflicts on the mining z. I might do it again if people are interested

I was interested as fuuuuck
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're fat
no u
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #163469

Xhuis wrote:I actually had a full rework of the labor camp done at one point, but gave up on it because escape pods are hard and people kept causing merge conflicts on the mining z. I might do it again if people are interested

Can you elaborate on this (or link to it)?

I like the idea of having a gulag guard. Right now, throwing someone out there is a dicey proposition at best. It'd be nice to know that there was someone there to keep an eye on them. On the other hand that job would be boring as hell if the gulag is used as much as it is now.

Prisoner job sounds dicey to me though. It might be more fun as a prisoner ANTAG that security has to keep alive and bring with them on the escape shuttle though.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #163497

ATDoop wrote: Unless you made it so they always had some sort of objective like "prove you were falsely accused" or "escape prison undetected" with the caveat that they can't kill anyone, I can't see this job being very fun.
That would work out pretty well, that is, if permabrig was redesigned.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #163520

Atlanta-Ned wrote:

Can you elaborate on this (or link to it)?
Essentially, the labor camp was separated into two areas: the dock and the dormitories, with the area to begin mining from in between and to the south. The dormitories had four small 2x2 rooms with a bed, and the place in general was fairly run down. There was a really old space suit embedded in the asteroid nearby that gave nearsightedness and crazy slowdown, but you had to fight a wumborian fugu to get to it. I can't find the PR - it was on my old GitHub account, which I deleted - but if it were to be done now it would involve a small complex of structures embedded in the rock.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #163580

Valids: the job.