Give the eguns to the heads of staff

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Give the eguns to the heads of staff

Post by Anonmare » #172941

Bottom post of the previous page:

With the firing pins, RD doesn't need a disabler anyway

Hint, hint.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #172993

HoPcurity spawns more from the all access, they used to have sec channel on their headsets but that's gone. Cecurity happens a fair bit anyways between telebaton, stunprod and cable cuffs, and we still have CMOs who will hellmix anyone who pisses them off valid or not.

If getting a free gun was all people cared about bartender would always be filled, its usually open or the barkeep is braindead in his backroom twenty minutes into the shift.

I also hardly see how an egun is too powerful, you get just enough shots to kill one person or crit two, where as the cap and hos both have self charging guns AND a backup egun.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #172997

Gormon was simply out of his depth, he was fresh from training and had no real combat experience. He was chosen intentionally by WY for his lack of experience, being that would make him easier to influence and more easier to justify him and all the Marines dying in a 'accident' if it was under the command of someone incompetent and inexperienced.

Burke was a traitor HoP.

--

Giving heads a Egun would not be something game breaking, as Egun's are pretty meh, also the Heads would need to go to the bridge to recharge their gun or get into the sec checkpoints.

Not saying I'm for or against, I'm just saying a egun is not very powerful.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173003

HoS gun doesn't self recharge?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #173016

Malkevin wrote:HoS gun doesn't self recharge?
No, HoS gun is simply an energy gun with an added taser setting. You are thinking of the Captain's laser.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #173017

Pictured: What Security players really know about Security items.

:honk:
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173023

Gun Hog wrote:
No, HoS gun is simply an energy gun with an added taser setting. You are thinking of the Captain's laser.
I know that, I was talking about Davidchan.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #173047

Davidchan wrote:HoPcurity spawns more from the all access, they used to have sec channel on their headsets but that's gone. Cecurity happens a fair bit anyways between telebaton, stunprod and cable cuffs, and we still have CMOs who will hellmix anyone who pisses them off valid or not.

If getting a free gun was all people cared about bartender would always be filled, its usually open or the barkeep is braindead in his backroom twenty minutes into the shift.

I also hardly see how an egun is too powerful, you get just enough shots to kill one person or crit two, where as the cap and hos both have self charging guns AND a backup egun.
but poeple want have AUTHORITY and guns
The future is horrible!
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #173053

PKPenguin321 wrote:I don't know about this. HoP gets a gun and you see HoPcurity shitters pretty frequently. I don't wanna see CMOcurity or CEcurity.

Competent security should curb HoP's enthusiasm asap. As a Warden I can't wait when HoP barges into equipement room, or even better - the armory, at round start.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #173057

>Give heads more weapons because {unrobust}

git gud, adding the baton is more than enough. I was actually against the merge with the baton because it's padering to scrubs.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #173066

Lumbermancer wrote:Competent security should curb HoP's enthusiasm asap. As a Warden I can't wait when HoP barges into equipement room, or even better - the armory, at round start.
If they're not the acting Captain, tase and brig them, then confiscate their ID; they don't have authorisation to be in there. The equipment room is fine - HoPs start with Security access (including the lockers) - but anything more than that means they gave themselves all-access.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #173076

Access does not equal authorization. If you wanted to stretch the interpretation you could technically attempt to brig or arrest the HoP for going into the rear area of Security. You would have justification but again its stretching it.

More so I would do that for shitty HoP's trying to loot equipment.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173087

Theft extends to the appropriation of equipment that you don't need other than to sate a hoarding complex.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #173106

This is not much different than oldman's low pop guns. Heads of Staff aren't automatically stellar players, giving everyone guns like this is just not a good idea. If Security doesn't already hand out their guns to heads of staff, why should you change the code to counter these decisions? Leave security to Security players.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #173143

Give CMO the clumsy gene if this gets pulled.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #173347

ThanatosRa wrote:Give CMO the clumsy gene if this gets pulled.
you either gotta go full way or no way
make him a genetic mess but he has a gatling disabler
In all seriousness they don't need disablers unless they are disabled
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #173367

Scott wrote:This is not much different than oldman's low pop guns. Heads of Staff aren't automatically stellar players, giving everyone guns like this is just not a good idea. If Security doesn't already hand out their guns to heads of staff, why should you change the code to counter these decisions? Leave security to Security players.
Security players aren't automatically good either, and they often don't exist at all.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #173394

Lumbermancer wrote:Why would civilian heads of staff carry carbine-sized guns in the first place? Create new laser pistols, similar to the pulse pistol that ert gets, for self defense.
I have 3 carbines IRL and I'm not a head of any staff.

yackemflam wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Here, I made Laser Pistol sprite. Totally original work do not steal.

Hey that's mine!

Well, Paprika added the hand guard.

Do the other head's of staff really need a personal gun on them at round start though?
Lumbermancer wrote:Here, I made Laser Pistol sprite. Totally original work do not steal.

Shit sprite

The grip is too small
We have 5 fingers, not 3
I own a Ruger LCP, I can only fit 3 fingers on it. Fits in the pocket easily.
Spoiler:
Stetchkins are pocket sized 10mm autos.... That would be impossible to control. The LCP is a .380, about the smallest round you can take seriously for self defense, and it's not pleasant to shoot. You couldn't make a controllable 9mm that size, let alone a 10mm.

EDIT, added spoiler cause the image was huge.

Also, an idea. If you want to give a lethal sidearm to heads of staff but are worried about antags with a free gun, maybe give them a ballistic gun that you can't autolathe more ammo for. I can't remember what all ammo you can make at the lathe. Can you make 10mm? If not maybe give the heads a stetchkin. If things are so bad that they run out of a magazine and they need more they can get a rechargeable gun from Sec. This way if a rev dunks a head they can steal a gun, but they can't recharge it like if it were a laser. Their offense is limited.
Last edited by WarbossLincoln on Tue May 03, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Crocodillo

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #173401

Nogunz BTFO
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster