Dragging speed

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Pettyrelik
Byond Username: Pettyrelik

Dragging speed

Post by Pettyrelik » #174115

Why can people run at regular speed even while dragging a body?

Why can people run at regular speed while dragging a conscious, although cuffed person that however is certainly struggling all while beating it?

More often than not I have been killed, not through cunning, but by the sheer ridiculousness of being dragged in broad daylight through the hallways while being beaten to death, security being unable to save me because they run at the same speed as my captor. This if anything also increases the potency of stun-based combat, because a mere stun and cuffs are enough to kill you even with people around that could help you, because you'll be long dead or even spaced if they ever should capture the culprit.

Perhaps utilizing beds or chairs with wheels could neutralize the dragging slowdown?

I suspect there may be some meta reason for this, but regardless I felt like sharing my thought.
I'm a fairly new player but I've been practicing alot and have gotten better.

Character: Victor Harrow
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fox_hound

"Why, as a woodcock to mine own springe, Osric. I am justly kill'd with mine own treachery."
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Dragging speed

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #174169

Pettyrelik wrote:Why can people run at regular speed even while dragging a body?

Why can people run at regular speed while dragging a conscious, although cuffed person that however is certainly struggling all while beating it?

More often than not I have been killed, not through cunning, but by the sheer ridiculousness of being dragged in broad daylight through the hallways while being beaten to death, security being unable to save me because they run at the same speed as my captor. This if anything also increases the potency of stun-based combat, because a mere stun and cuffs are enough to kill you even with people around that could help you, because you'll be long dead or even spaced if they ever should capture the culprit.

Perhaps utilizing beds or chairs with wheels could neutralize the dragging slowdown?

I suspect there may be some meta reason for this, but regardless I felt like sharing my thought.
Because people HATE going slow. If you think Stun-N-Run is bad, consider that speed used to be so high you could outrun the taser bolts sec was firing after you.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #174191

You do realise slowing down dragging would also fuck with people trying to help you?

Every medic when you are crit.
Anyone when you are asleep.
Your trip to genetics when you are dead.
Literally making stun combat more supreme because no one will drag your twitching ass because it is basically a death sentence.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #174211

We tried this once where you were slower when dragging dudes and it got shut down because everybody hated it (especially sec, who has to drag cuffed perps around)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: