Antimass spectrometer, resonance cascades, etc

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

Antimass spectrometer, resonance cascades, etc

Post by Smoopadoop » #181142

Hey remember supermatter shards? Yeah I know right, who the fuck would use them all they do is eat up supply points when you coulda used a different, free power source, and let greytides and retarded engineers absolutely fuck the place up more than it already was.

Well yeah I thought, holy fuck supermatter shards are like Xen crystals kinda, they look cool and fuck everything up! So why not do something like that. Here's my dumbass idea:

Antimass spectrometer! (with a different name because spectrometers don't create power they measure amounts of atoms in a thingy)
You jam a crystal into it and shoot it with emitters and it does the same thing as a normal shard, releasing radiation.. Except, it doesn't slowly fuck the place up over time like the crystal does. Instead of heating the place up and releasing plasma and all that, it saves it all up until the shard reaches 100% fuckedness, and then it releases all the horrible shit, explodes, and SPAWN FUCKING ALIENS EVERYWHERE! "B-but smoop that's fucking horrible" FUCK YOU I can show you how to make it not shitty. Instead of delaminating when it gets hot as fuck, it instead gains a small amount of instability every time it is hit by an emitter, and the instability quickly fades. This means if you use only one or two emitters you're fine. But if you don't it slooooowly gets fucked up more and more (but generates more power :^) ), until a resonance cascade happens and the above horrible shit happens.

The "spectrometer" would be a 3x3 (or bigger) structure, made from metal and maybe some bits from RnD, with a hole in the middle for a shard.

Fuck Idunno, maybe the idea sucks but I just like the idea of engineering fucking up and causing a resonance cascade.

Provide feedback so this doesn't fucking suck, ty ty.
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Antimass spectrometer, resonance cascades, etc

Post by Okand37 » #181149

I feel like if it spawned aliens, it would become more of a go-to grief item depending on the consistency, variants and most importantly hostility. Personally, I'm a fan of the current supermatter shard we have, but I wouldn't mind seeing it altered slightly in this direction to be more appealing for how hard it is to set up.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #181166

Sounds like the space variant of a nuclear reactor. And those are perfectly fine and never fail. Let's do it.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #181204

I really want to be able to shoot a guy with a one shot near magic science gun and have his body subsumed by a portal to another dimension full of monsters and a dab of terrain, or maybe turn him into an angry roving flesh mountain that kills me.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #184594

We need Gravity "Cannons" that lifts items up when clicked then launch them like a pneumatic cannon that is able to rip off limbs, or embed when firing sharp objects
(i.e. Circular saws, hatchets etc...). Then bye screwdrivering the "cannon" removing the core and then replacing it with a 10k charge power cell you can acquire a super charged Gravity "Cannon" that can lift up larger objects and dead corpses.

These cannons will be found in cargo.
Using this you will be able to carry heavy objects such as cyborgs, gas tanks, and vending machines without slowing your movement.
By carrying a body with the SC Gravity Cannon it will not leave a trail of blood or be harmed when passing over broken glass.
But using these cannons outside of cargo or not for delivering something WILL GET YOU ARRESTED
Last edited by MrEousTranger on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #184600

MrEousTranger wrote:We need Gravity "Cannons" that lifts items up when clicked then launch them like a pneumatic cannon that is able to rip off limbs, or embed when firing sharp objects
(i.e. Circular saws, hatchets etc...). Then bye screwdrivering the "cannon" removing the core and then replacing it with a 10k charge power cell you can acquire a super charged Gravity "Cannon" that can lift up larger objects and dead corpses.
Get pooped on:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/18233
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #184605

Armhulen wrote:
MrEousTranger wrote:We need Gravity "Cannons" that lifts items up when clicked then launch them like a pneumatic cannon that is able to rip off limbs, or embed when firing sharp objects
Get pooped on:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/18233
Son of a bitch.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.