Shadowling Rework

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Shadowling Rework

Post by Xhuis » #191985

All right. Now that shadowlings are officially 100% gone, I've started brainstorming ideas for their replacement/rework. This thread is for sharing your thoughts and giving ideas on how Shadowling 2.0 can be better than ever. Here's what I've got so far in rough concepts:
  • Shadowlings will have a new name
  • They probably won't be a conversion antagonist, maybe a solo antagonist like wizards
  • Potentially rip off Dead by Daylight: capture people alive, sacrifice them to a dark god?
Give feedback and ideas below.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Shadowling Rework

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191986

I liked old shadowlings. They did the conversion thingy right-- you had a stun and a mute, and that was all you needed fo cuck if you were good.

Whatever you end up doing just make sure they've got a stun and I'll be cool with whatever.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #191990

Poltergeist

Literally the wraith from Goon copy-pasted.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #191993

Ash walkers the mode
The future is horrible!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #191999

Team antagonist possibly? Not conversion, just a team. Their goal is to render the station hospitable to them by forcing the station into an an advanced level of darkness one department at a time.

Maybe they could put down a structure of sorts in an area that renders an area extremely dark and resilient to light (The light radius from a person carrying three torches is reduced by a 1/3), or maybe even outright hostile and force flashlights to turn permanently off after a while or make flares/torches to grow weak and dimmer more rapidly. They'd have to render an area completely dark first though. The darkness itself could be dangerous and cause a constant low-level amount of damage if you stay in it without the protection of some form of light, I'd like it if the darkness could somehow mute the benefits of night vision. I'd also put some stronger mobs in the darkness but restrict them to a certain distance away from the structure.

The more areas the Slings own, the stronger they and the guardian mobs, are and if they manage to take over enough of the station they can become Ascendlings.

As for abilities...
Maybe they can puppet a dead body for a limited amount of time to move between areas of light and sabotage the lights, since they wouldn't be using Thralls anymore. Bodies being puppeted by Shadowlings are only capable of repeating the last phrase they spoke before they died and if their face is uncovered, look distinctly unnatural.
I'd weaken their glare as well since they shouldn't need to stun someone long enough to convert, and remove the mute function. That being said, I'd like it if the glare was something they could prepare (like a martial arts move) and then click on someone to glare at, menus are a bitch to navigate in the heat of the moment. To replace the loss of the mute, perhaps something akin to an Abductor's Silencer that let's them remotely EMP someone's headset? An ability to disable cameras and Cyborgs early on would be nice as well.