Shit son let's go spelunking

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Shit son let's go spelunking

Post by Jacough » #192248

So right now chasms are just instakill dead traps. You fall in one and you're just gone. You're out gg. Why don't we make them something more?

For 1500 points you can purchase climbing gear that will let you safely descend into the chasms and thus into another z-level called the depths. The depths are an extremely dangerous place. First of all, if you don't have your flashlight out, you ain't gonna be able to see shit unless you're wearing mesons. Second of all, mobs are much more plentiful down there especially megafauna. You're generally going to want to run away from or just avoid fights for the most part down there unless you want to get gang banged by a group of colossi. So why would you want to delve into these dark and miserable caves where you're probably going to die alone?

For one thing, you can retrieve miners who fell to their deaths from these pits. Naturally you won't be able to climb up with their corpses but you can use a fulton pack to extract their corpses from the chasm. Second of all, loot and ore. Valuable ore is MUCH more common in the depths. I'm talking huge veins of diamond, silver, and gold. Ruins, while extremely dangerous (I'm talking hardcore away missions dangerous), contain much more valuable loot. We're talking shit like high powered weapons, rare and much coveted armor, and even spell books and staves.

So, thoughts?
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Shit son let's go spelunking

Post by John_Oxford » #192257

>more shit for miners

gee guys, instead of a plasma research station, why dont we just become a mining colony?
good idea though, seems neat fam.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #192260

John_Oxford wrote:>more shit for miners

gee guys, instead of a plasma research station, why dont we just become a mining colony?
what the fuck they mine plasma, it's still a plasma research station.

anyway, I've already made this suggestion before so yeah I like it
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #192264

Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>more shit for miners

what the fuck they mine plasma, it's still a plasma research station.

anyway, I've already made this suggestion before so yeah I like it
Add giant heart cores called Heart of Necropolis
If you destroy 3 hearts a boss will spawn orr maybe open the door after the legions defeat
The future is horrible!
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #192308

As headmin my first move will be removing chasms. They're fucking awful and I want them gone.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #192320

Ezel wrote:
Add giant heart cores called Heart of Necropolis
If you destroy 3 hearts a boss will spawn orr maybe open the door after the legions defeat
>to enter the necro, another deeper down lavaland you have to go deep in chasms and find three hearts and kill them AND THEN KILL THE LEGION BOSS. THIS IS ALL IN ONE ROUND.
Roundtimes don't support this man, otherwise I like it
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #192323

> Kor isn't even satisfied with lavaland and calls it unfinished
> You already want ANOTHER z-level that even less people will access
Bring back papercult.

InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #192332

Time spent working on necropolis is time that could be spent working on anything else. Like lavaland.
Bring back papercult.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #192333

Yeah but it makes chasms less shit
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #192343

Fuck Lava planet. Seriously, why do you fricks insist on compartmentalizing fun? Give station maintenance a basement sub-level instead.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #192358

I think the obvious solution is removing chasms, no?
Bring back papercult.

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #192363

To all these people saying that this coding time should be used to make X thing, people volunteer their time to code this shit and I am curious how you plan to force them to work on the this you consider more important
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #192422

Wyzack wrote:To all these people saying that this coding time should be used to make X thing, people volunteer their time to code this shit and I am curious how you plan to force them to work on the this you consider more important
THANK YOU
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #192434

Getting a coder to agree with you strongly enough OR providing money/services in exchange for codes are two ways to go about it.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #192564

Lavaland in general was a mistake

Creating a relatively large amount of content that only a small fraction of players in any given round can access is what is wrong with this game

Players shouldn't have incentives to leave the station and isolate themselves from the round
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #192664

Reimoo wrote:Lavaland in general was a mistake

Creating a relatively large amount of content that only a small fraction of players in any given round can access is what is wrong with this game

Players shouldn't have incentives to leave the station and isolate themselves from the round
As a person who's played mostly chemist and shaft miner, lavaland is much, much better than the old asteroid. Mechanically, it's the same thing as the asteroid, but with more hazards and ruins, plus a few big bads here and there with loot to make your life there easier, i.e. the hardest boss in lavaland dropping a staff that lets you stop ash storms but has little use outside of that, and ash drakes that make armor that's about the same as your suit but absorbs ash storms. If we didn't want to give incentives to people to leave the station, we would just remove the asteroid entirely and give them an ore magnet or something.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #192739

I think the point is lavaland is entirely too successful. It takes too much away from the round and can have a major negative impact.

Dont get me wrong I think in terms of its core design lavaland is great but kinda sick of the 12 miner thing.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #192748

Tornadium wrote:I think the point is lavaland is entirely too successful. It takes too much away from the round and can have a major negative impact.

Dont get me wrong I think in terms of its core design lavaland is great but kinda sick of the 12 miner thing.
Its only popular since it includes the following things

1.good gear from tendrils
2.MINERALS FOR RND TO GET BETTER GEAR
3.Kill bosses to get even MORE better gear

Like we are litteraly talking about a wisp lantern thermals and a holoparasite and a hook that does 30 brute and free antags and such morph wizard and 375. Revolvers and malf upgrade disks
The future is horrible!
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #192756

So how do we solve this?

I know I'm just going to get shouted down with memes but I'm genuinely interested in trying to figure out a way to keep lavaland relevant but nerf its capability to completely fuck with a round.

Example : Three prisoners walk into the brig with 1911s without any warning and kill all of security before anyone can react.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #192764

Have you considered gitting gud?
Bring back papercult.

Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #192785

InsaneHyena wrote:Have you considered gitting gud?
If by that you mean moving to the building the server is housed in, then yes.

Didn't seem worth it.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #193002

Tornadium wrote:So how do we solve this?

I know I'm just going to get shouted down with memes but I'm genuinely interested in trying to figure out a way to keep lavaland relevant but nerf its capability to completely fuck with a round.

Example : Three prisoners walk into the brig with 1911s without any warning and kill all of security before anyone can react.
Or just remove prisoner ship totally make it idk a crew transfer ship wheres theres always random job sleepers like civilian roles chef... librarian bartender... etc and they get equipment whatever their role is the chef gets a knife bartender gets a shotgun with beanbags librarian gets a informational book about mining mobs
The future is horrible!
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #193102

People have gotten absurdly salty over occasional map generation errors that spawn locations too close. It's really not that terrible guys.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193192

When everyone is in the tele gulag then lavaland will be fun for everyone.