Replace the arnory toolbox with a suspicious looking toolbox

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Replace the arnory toolbox with a suspicious looking toolbox

Post by Slignerd » #209269

Not only does it fit in better with the black-and-red color scheme and looks cooler in general, it would also allow Science to get Illegal 2 up with Warden's permission, allowing for another symbiotic relation - if RnD gets an extra item from Security, they might have some cool mindshield pin guns to offer in return. :D
Last edited by Slignerd on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Replace the arnory's toolbox with a suspicious looking t

Post by InsaneHyena » #209271

How about we don't buff science instead
Bring back papercult.

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: Replace the arnory toolbox with a suspicious looking too

Post by Falamazeer » #209279

The last thing we need is for you to have another reason to meander into secure security areas.
The shades were never the point
Spoiler:
Though honestly it's not that bad of an idea. it does fit the color scheme of the hardsuits.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #209318

Noooooooo. If you want a fancy toolbox, just remove airlock sprayers and implement new utility to spray cans that let them change airlocks and toolboxes color scheme with a coat of spraypaint.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #209323

Science shouldn't be garunteed illegal tech everyround. Cancerous as the rnd overhaul was, this is not the way to remedy it.

Security doesn't need nor should have free insuls. Not only would this be a direct buff to the HoS it breaks the only reliable means a rogue AI has to temporarily shut down securtiy.

Security doesn't need round start hacking tools. Realistically they should never need to use hacking tools but rather call on an engineer.

Security under no circumstances should start with syndicate gear or equivelant. Security's first instict when it comes to contraband should be to lock it up or destroy it. Not add it to their personal arsenal.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #209325

Davidchan wrote:Security doesn't need round start hacking tools. Realistically they should never need to use hacking tools but rather call on an engineer.

Security under no circumstances should start with syndicate gear or equivelant. Security's first instict when it comes to contraband should be to lock it up or destroy it. Not add it to their personal arsenal.
At least on Meta, sec has a full blue toolbox in the warden's office and a contraband locker with actual contraband in it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #209331

Meta is a powercreep station, everybody knows that.
Bring back papercult.

Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #209336

Unless its speshul snowflaked it won't have a multitool or insuls, which a syndibox will have both and a better welder.

As for contraband spawning in sec, I can guess who made that happen but its plain stupid and literal powercreep.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #209347

All science can do with illegal 2 is the Tyrant AI board and the cyborg illegal module. IF they get diamonds.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209350

Davidchan wrote:Science shouldn't be garunteed illegal tech everyround. Cancerous as the rnd overhaul was, this is not the way to remedy it.
This is not guaranteed at all. It takes security's permission to try to get it at all. This will about as guaranteed as it is to get EMP 6 or Power 6 - meaning, most of the time it just won't happen at all.

It's about as likely as getting any of those to RnD, and I've never seen the captain, xenobio or botany deliver any of this. So, it's not for every round. It's for the rare rounds where sec chooses to be nice.
Falamazeer wrote:The last thing we need is for you to have another reason to meander into secure security areas.
The shades were never the point
Shitsec has spoken. 8-)
Back to cuck shed with your shit.
Davidchan wrote:Security doesn't need nor should have free insuls. Not only would this be a direct buff to the HoS it breaks the only reliable means a rogue AI has to temporarily shut down securtiy.
It would be possible to remove the combat gloves from the toolbox and just replace it with a red cable. I'm sure such a variant already exists, actually. So it wouldn't be that much of a buff at all.
Last edited by Slignerd on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #209351

>start with suspicious toolbox
>take armoury rad suit
>take suspicious toolbox combat gloves
>break into vault
>steal plutonium core with the thin screwdriver in the toolbox
==red text for days==

That's why you're not getting a toolbox.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209352

I'm pretty sure I said that combat gloves would be removed from the toolbox? Also, is the screwdriver in that toolbox really the thin screwdriver? All I've really ever seen was a regular red one.

Pretty sure that anyone using any toolbox, suspicious or not, to do stuff like this would be dealt by the admins in the same way they deal with spacing high-risk items roundstart to deny any greentext. That's as much of a player problem as it gets, it's not that common, and it would not be a stretch to crack down on security stealing plutonium core roundstart at all.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #209353

I am a very experienced space traveller. Every toolbox I've come across had a set of gloves and a thin screwdriver.

Unless it was a very recent change, I'm sure that every toolbox I've come across has had this.

And no. It's flat out impossible for crew to steal the core. You need the thin screwdriver which is assignment only or in the toolbox. Nowhere else.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209355

Well, this one would have its contents edited to only include red screwdriver, and red cable coil instead of thin screwdriver and combat gloves. I see no issue.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #209358

Then the entire rational boils down to free illegal 2 technology since we already have a full toolbox.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209363

Indeed, that's the point.

It's not free. It comes from the cross-departmental cooperation which I feel is something we should encourage. If security doesn't feel like it, it will never happen. If security does feel like it, it might get security some cool RnD items in return. As XTDM pointed out, it doesn't give that much either - just a lawset board or cyborg upgrades, which the crew might want to use.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #209365

Not "free".

The only thing that'll come out of it is either the warden/HOS gives it away, or someone breaks in to get it.

It's a stupid idea. I don't approve of this.

I've enough trouble from assistants greytiding the brig because I wouldn't give the RD the Esword from a traitor.

So what if I don't want illegal research?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209366

Then you're free to arrest whoever tries to break in. If someone's inside the armory, even lethals are acceptable. If you don't want anyone to use it, just use the toolbox yourself or stash it in the contraband locker.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #209367

This sounds like it causes more trouble than it's worth. It's only going to cause a rift between "muh free illegals".
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209368

That, or it will allow security to cooperate with research and offer said low-level illegals, and then get advanced mindshield pin eguns and night vision security HUDs later in return. It can go both ways, which is why I feel there's some potential in it.

Players can either help eachother out, or be shit towards eachother. It's like this for everything, and I feel that would be a fitting addition to the game.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #209371

dumb idea
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #209376

Interdepartmemetal cooperation should only count if it's something that actually requires both sides to have an actual effort.
A 2 second interaction of "'Hey warden can I has toolbox' 'k' *throws over table*" is not cooperation.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.