Truly departmental security

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Truly departmental security

Post by Supermichael777 » #218780

Security has been the short end of stick for a long time. To really root out the source of the problem it has to change entirely.

My proposition is that the security department be removed and replace by a preference to be on security duty for your chosen role. One in each department, not the head, head can preform all the functions. Departmental security offices would be replaced by micro-brigs which let out onto the public areas through a button and have a departmental access door on the inside. they would still be a normal role otherwise. Policy should also clearly reflect that taking this gear is a commitment to staying in your department and that using the gear to immediately go valid hunting is not allowed

Departmental security officers would receive an collapsible baton, a pair of cuffs, sec hud(not sunglases), access to the security channel, and a red arm band.

general security would be replaced by a smaller group of command security which would be 4 officers the detective and the head of security. they would function as they do now but only entering departments with permission to secure large incursions or to secure rioters and capital criminals. their role is to secure the public areas of the station, to handle criminals who need a permanent conviction, and to defend the station. They receive the Command and Security channels. Armory becomes a command area within the bridge.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Truly departmental security

Post by D&B » #218785

Would just make conversion modes steamroll faster and traitors have softer targets.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218795

How would this be any better. You'd either be departmental security and exclusively sealed to one department all by yourself or not departmental sdecurity and be sealed everywhere that isn't a department. Speaking as someone who plays sec occasionally, patrolling the whole goddamn station often gets boring outside of a few select gamemodes, only being allowed to patrol your one are of the station would either be boring as fuck or lead to you getting fucking atomized in no time.

Also I saw how you quietly tried to remove stunbatons from the sec loadout, get the fuck outta here.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #219087

Service security

Collapsable batons are NOT good for arresting perps unless you beat them into crit, which as obvious implications with lawyers or the AI watching you like a hawk.

Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #219089

no.

all of that is literally thought out a total of two feet into the subject.

c-batons don't stun, they knock down.
there are 4+ people in a department at all times, you need more than one pair of cuffs.
they don't receive body armor
they don't receive tasers, so no ranged stuns
they don't have some sort of plausable access to the armory, and would be immediately dunked if anything above a unrobust unarmed greytider tried attacking them
they aren't loyalty implanted, and have no inclination not to go get rev'd/cult'd/clock cult'd WITH SECURITY GEAR

all in all

>>>/ntr/
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.