Anomalous crystal

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Anomalous crystal

Post by Jembo » #220616

It's complete fucking garbage. I've only ever gotten it to do something fun one time, and that was brute damage to it made everything in a blueprinted room look tropical and spawned random bow and arrows. The last round I played I got two different crystals. One got destroyed before we could figure out what it did, that's right they break! The other one fired an X-ray laser in a random direction, but broke after four uses. This really isn't worth the effort of getting, I mean I'll admit if I got a tropical room transformation everytime I slapped it with a seclight I'd say it'd be worth. But most of the time you can't figure out what it does, and now they break.

A better idea for a drop would be angel themed armor as that's what they are suppose to be. Maybe have it drop an attachment to the PKA that let's it shoot the same deathbolts, or a weakened form of them. Have it drop the Die of Fate. Or at least change it so the crystals at least react to the same thing every time, and make it so they're unbreakable. Because the risk of perma death, isn't worth the loot it correctly has.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Anomalous crystal

Post by kevinz000 » #220617

XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #220845

They would probably be better as ruin loot rather than boss loot tbh
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #220931

Honestly, the Colossus is over powered for the reward it can give. Some of the possible activation results are pretty good, but they really don't make up for the difficulty in fighting the Colossus. Give some item loot for miners to pick up. Even if it's just Tendril grade loot, it'd be nice to get some actual rewards for the effort. Keep the anomaly crystal as the corpse loot, like Ash Drakes dropping all the scales and diamonds as a reward, but also have it drop a chest with a nice item or two.

I'm thinking ethereal angel wings, which don't interfere with backpacks or hardsuits, and allow you to fly in space with them. Something a bit extra for the effort.

On the same note, give Bubblegum some corpse loot as well. You get a chest, and that's it. Maybe have him drop a demon heart at least for that blood jaunting.

As it stands, Ash Drakes are priority one megafauna for hunting because they give the best loot in the form of Ash Drake armor and the Dragon Blood potion can turn you into a fucking Ash Drake as well. Neither of the megas compare to what you can get from the Ash Drake, and the Ash Drake is deemed the easiest to fight.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Post by Poorman » #221174

Make the anomalous crystal somewhat controllable in its outcome, through science manipulation or whatever.

Right now it's just a dumb idea that is akin to playing Russian roulette, except it's a fucking pain in the ass to even start the game.

Why would people go through so much effort just to have a random chance at having something neat happen and not getting fucked over?

Either have the interaction involved with the item be finding the damage type that triggers it, or have it be the random chance on what it might be.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #221185

Replace it with a brute patch
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.