Autoloom

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Chowder McArthor
Byond Username: Chowder McArthor

Autoloom

Post by Chowder McArthor » #222864

Ok, so I decided to do an autoloom now, like the one on d20, except with a few modifications.
The basic idea is just an autolathe that uses cloth and such to make clothing. There'd be two types, normal and "specialized." Normal would make most types of normal clothing while the specialized one would only make uniforms. Normal one wouldn't. HOP would get this specialized one, so he can hand out uniforms along with job changes.
Another thing that was on d20 related would be shears; an object that, when used on any object that can give cloth, will tear it into cloth sheets.
Obviously, it wouldn't be able to make ALL subtypes of clothing. Armor, space suits, collectable hats, etc. would never be able to be made. This machine would just replace the costume/clothing vendors.
Now, for the ideas I'd like to change.
The autoloom would probably have a bunch of normal clothing to start with, but be able to scan new types of clothing, hopefully to allow for special types to still exist, while still allowing for some rarity.
Perhaps a third type of autoloom, specifically to replace the costume vendor, that only makes costumes, so the clown can dress up a bunch of assistants as bees, or something.
I'd also like to make leather do something as well, for leather clothing, and then possibly give it some resistance to melee (small, like 5-10, since leather would be harder to get).
Something else I'd like to do would be to make suit sensors a separate thing from clothing. Possibly, so you could be stealthy and remove your own, or add it to ones without, such as the tacticool jumpsuit, or even make upgraded ones for like miners that will read on another Z level, or more.
Finally, I'd really like to be able to have this machine syncable with R&D, or at the least, add some researchable clothing, then be able to port clothing over to this with disks, like with the autolathe. Not sure on what so far, but it'd mostly be science things (maybe magnetic gloves?)
I'd like feedback on all of this, if you would so kindly.
I like to code. PM me if you'd like to talk - I like to talk.
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Re: Autoloom

Post by Isane » #223216

It sounds like a great idea, especially if it has some of the outfits that you can't actually get without a chameleon kit (not any of the obviously restricted stuff like command/centcomm/security outfits of course). It'd also give biogenerators more use. I wouldn't have it replace the vendors though.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #223222

How would dragon scales interact with the loom?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #223223

It would be nice to get some of the rarer outfits, though there are some suits that shouldn't be mass-producible. the NASA jumpsuit for one
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #223239

Anonmare wrote:It would be nice to get some of the rarer outfits, though there are some suits that shouldn't be mass-producible. the NASA jumpsuit for one
Does it have special stats or something?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #223246

I forget the actual stats but if I recall correctly, the NASA jumpsuit is pressure-immune and cold-resistant and can be used for a spacesuit if you get a space-proof helmet.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #223269

I've literally never seen the NASA jumpsuit or voidsuit since the days when space ruins weren't fucking randomised.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #223382

D&B wrote:How would dragon scales interact with the loom?
I didn't really consider those, because there's only like one thing that they're used for, which is dragon armor. I think I said this, that I would just do leather if I needed. Otherwise, metal, glass, and cloth.
Anonmare wrote:It would be nice to get some of the rarer outfits, though there are some suits that shouldn't be mass-producible. the NASA jumpsuit for one
Well, yeah, most rare shit like that wouldn't be makeable at all. It'd be the same with armor and RIGs, and anything with stats in the armor category better than the roman armor in general.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #223388

Alot of this can also be done via biogenerator in botany; have you thought about how to handle that overlap?(Removing biogenerator options would beclamest answer, IMO).
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #223400

Dagdammit wrote:Alot of this can also be done via biogenerator in botany; have you thought about how to handle that overlap?(Removing biogenerator options would beclamest answer, IMO).
Which parts, exactly?
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #223434

Right now the biogenerators only make a few things, mostly some belts and the leather jacket/overcoat.
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #223437

That'd be a lot of clothing that'd clutter up the biogen.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #223647

Isn't the NASA red suit just the space suits the Discovery crew had in 2001: A Space Odyssey?

I miss those.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #224648

What other clothing should I look out for?
I'm avoiding anything with fairly high armor stats (which saddly includes sec berets/fucking ball caps).
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #224766

Clothes should be able to be.modded with dragon scales to be fire resistant and highly armored maybe. Same for other rare things because I want shiny diamond radioactive jumpsuits
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #224902

I remember (drunkenly) the NASSA spacesuit jumpsuit from goon, which spawned in maint. Random maint spawn? Or emag?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #224917

Chowder McArthor wrote:What other clothing should I look out for?
I'm avoiding anything with fairly high armor stats (which saddly includes sec berets/fucking ball caps).
you could child these and give them lesser armor value though.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #224932

Professor Hangar wrote:I remember (drunkenly) the NASSA spacesuit jumpsuit from goon, which spawned in maint. Random maint spawn? Or emag?
NASA voidsuits spawn on the derelict.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #225031

Saegrimr wrote:
Professor Hangar wrote:I remember (drunkenly) the NASSA spacesuit jumpsuit from goon, which spawned in maint. Random maint spawn? Or emag?
abandoned teleporter actually
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #225076

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
abandoned teleporter actually
Oh that's right it's a different ruin entirely.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245731

well, you can teleport to it, so...