New Wiz Spells

A place to record your ideas for the game.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

New Wiz Spells

Post by XDTM » #224177

So these are the spells i've coded, meant to be modifications of normal wizard spells. After trying them out a bit, i think they could make interesting combinations with the spells they're supposed to replace (I.E. knock - blight of bolts combo for total door control). Should i add them as mods as initially planned or as independent spells?
Spoiler:
Magic Missile
-✓Flame Seekers: Throws fireballs, which explode in an AoE, instead of missiles. The AoE makes it really dangerous to use in melee, though.
-✓Telemissiles: Faster missiles, and blinks targets on hit. Better at defense, bad for stunning and killing.

Fireball
-✓Teslaball: Tesla bolts on hit instead of explosion, resulting is a more reliable stun and more AoE, but lose on fire damage and can't hurt shock immune targets.
-✓Meteor: Shoots a meteorshot instead of a fireball. no AoE, but high-ish damage and can knock machinery back.

Blink
-✓Repulsion: Repulses after blinking. Higher cooldown.

Smoke
-✓Blinding Smoke: The smoke causes temporary blindness on those that cross it.
-✓Hippie Smoke: Smoke contains mindbreaker and space drugs.

Horsehead Curse
-✓Curse of the Cluwne: Curses the target with clown (i couldn't find cluwne sprites) clothes and clumsiness. They will only be able to speak in HONKS. Requires robes and has a longer cooldown.

Lesser Summon Guns
-✓Summon Chaos Guns: Summons a random high-power weapon every time it's fired. Sniper Rifle, staff of chaos, pulse rifle, tesla gun, x-ray rifle, gyrojet pistol, all with one shot. Five guns instead of 30. Quick-fire at your own risk.

Blind
-✓Disable: Instead of blinding, causes a random, permanent, genetic disability.

Time Stop
-✓Timefall: Attracts mobs/objects before activating, trapping them within. Delays the activation, but mostly an upgrade.

Instant Summons
-✓Disarming Bolt: Shoots a bolt that teleports the target's held items into your own hands. Will work like fireball for targeting.

Force Wall
-✓Lightning Barrier: The wall schocks targets who touch it without gloves. Direct upgrade, but not particularly strong.
-✓Firewall: The wall can be crossed, but sets you on fire if you do.

Mindswap
-✓Muteswap: Instead of knocking both out, it mutes both the swapped person and the wizard.

Disintegrate
-✓Teleport Other: The target is not gibbed but teleported to a beacon you set, much like an instant support holoparasite. Can be cast on self.
-✓Grenade Trick: Does not directly gib. Instead, it confuses the target, and after some time the target will explode causing damage around him. (Minibomb size?) Drawback is that the target isn't harmless while you wait for the boom.
-Flesh Meteor: Target is thrown away, and is gibbed on hit, dealing high damage to other targets hit.

Charge
-✓Imbue Fire: Makes the weapon deal burn damage instead of brute, doubles the damage and adds the ability to ignite, if the target has fire stacks. Makes clothes fireproof. Ignites people you are pulling.

Lightning Bolt
-✓Rupture: Causes brute damage and bleeding instead of an electrick shock. No stun, longer chargeup time.

Knock
-✓Cryptomancy: Emags machinery/bots/cyborgs instead of opening them. Drawback: no longer opens bolted doors, higher cooldown.
-✓Blight of Bolts: Closes, bolts and cuts AI control of airlocks near the wizard.

Wild Shapeshift
This spell would start out with harmless animals (mouse, parrot, corgi, lizard) and costing 1 point, then you could buy more potent forms as mods. You should be able to swap forms instead of being locked into one.
-✓Dragon Form: Lesser Ash Drake, transformation not permanent.
-✓Construct Form: Unlocks cult construct forms, of either cult. (Cogscarab, wraith, juggernaut, anima fragment).
-✓Magicarp Form: Unlocks Carp, Megacarp, Magicarp and Chaos Carp.
-✓Bot Form: Unlocks station bots forms, from floorbot to ED-209.
-✓Lava Form: Unlocks Lavaland mob forms: legion, goliath, watcher and gutlunch.
Last edited by XDTM on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: New Wiz Spells

Post by D&B » #224181

Mods.

Some of them are too strong.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #224189

Which ones? I could use some help in balancing them.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #224207

XDTM wrote:Which ones? I could use some help in balancing them.
Emag would give Borgs illegal modules and probably link them to the wizard.

Transforming into a Drake should cost 3 points or more. Shits op.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #224237

It's a Lesser Ash Drake, tho, which has 300 health instead of a normal drake's 2500 and has no burn resistance. It also has a fairly long downtime.

As for the emagging spell, i think 2 points and a 30-ish second cooldown would be balanced compared to the power of spells with the same price. Picking the emag spell requires wiz clothes unlike knock, requires borgs to be useful, which is not guaranteed, and prevents the wizard from opening bolted doors. For the same price you could buy the artificer spell with soulstones.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka