Better security records

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Better security records

Post by Falamazeer » #229464

We've all been in a situation caused by the misuse or disuse of the security records system
Randomly beepskied, or arrested by a well meaning officer who has no idea why he shot you and dragged you to the brig, and can't find out either, nobody responds when he asks, and the mystery remains.

If you want people to use the security records system, then it needs streamlined, No more choosing and dividing crimes between major and minor, the UI is clunky, just have an add crime button, followed by a details section, then automatically sign the note by the officer who wrote it. This should be the norm for security records through sec-huds and through the computer

Then rework the cell timers to work more like a security records console, allow officers to select the security record of the crewmember, click a 'Sentence' button, select/add the crime, input the time, and it will automatically update the crewmembers status to incarcerated, then after the time has passed, would update them to paroled, then sechud wearers will know automatically they are dealing with a former convict.

The cell timer should still have buttons to close the door, flash the cell etc etc, so that the prisoner is secure during the paperwork, but setting a timer for automagic release should require the paperwork be filed.

Setting someone to wanted should require the same, when you change someones status to 'Wanted' It should popup with an option for either "Add Crime" or "Questioning" and their record should update accordingly, with a record of which officer changed the status.

As is, the records system will not be used by anyone until it is used by everyone, and if it's going to be used by everyone it needs to be simple-stupid-easy. If anyone has a better way to streamline these effects without sacrificing the utility those tips would be greatly appreciated.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: Better security records

Post by Falamazeer » #229465

This adds accountability for overly large sentencing, which will reduce shitcurity trends, and provides a better network of communication for officers, everybody wins.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #229468

You forgot the KoS button
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #229471

As one of the few people who uses sec records (And tries to get other to use it when Warden or HoS) all of these are really good suggestions and I would love if they were added. Would probably want to work it into telegulag too since quite a few Wardens seem to only use the gulag.

The only issue I can see is that this may make speed wanting people to save yourself or others more difficult.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #229487

I remember suggesting having a streamlined list of crimes to pick from, like "assault" "murder" "theft" "trespass" "other" with a details field to fill.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229489

Owegno wrote:The only issue I can see is that this may make speed wanting people to save yourself or others more difficult.
Just put in an *EMERGENCY APB* button
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #229537

Too lazy
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #229543

Just streamline it by removing the stupid division between major/minor and crime/details.

Nobody writes large enough pieces of text to warrant separating the crime and details.

Drop down might work but only as an option, mandatory drop down menu of crimes will always be clunky for crimes that don't fit into a category.

Also, streamline the interface of the security consoles, having to physically insert your id is stupid when other consoles can just read the id from your id slot
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #229740

> Force the paperwork and for officers/warden/detective to check & file the data correctly whilst the lawyer hunts down misconduct as IA = (10/10)

Excellent, however writing out the text for the paperwork does take a little bit of time, so how about a crime log? Queue em up for a offence as Lumbermancer describes, with the officer's name (names could be problematic, maybe new policy on having minimum length names?) for basic reference if no details logged.

Choose the most recent 3 crimes via sechuds, open them up to read the details.

Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #229747

Replace the note adding thing on HUD/s with a [-----------------------] symbol

Clicking it opens a selection menu of;
[SUSPECTED CRIMINAL] (blue s)
[CRIMINAL] (dark red w)
[CAPITAL CRIMINAL] (bright red flashing c]
[CLEAN RELEASE] (green r)
[WATCHED RELEASE] (yellow r)

after you select one it opens the following tabs ( ------- are one line text inputs //////////// are 8 line+ inputs [] is a tick box)

[] Trespassing
[] Murder
[] Assault
[] Theft
[] Contraband
[] Capital Crime
[] -Expanded Menu of all crimes- (select if you have time to tick specific crimes)

Crime Notes
------------------------------

[OK] [QUICKFILL] [CANCEL]

quickfill automatically selects capital crime and fills out the note bar saying; (it also pings the wardens console to get in contact with the arresting officer)
"This officer selected quickfill while in pursuit, the suspect was deemed to be in immediate contact with the officer"

After filling it out on the fly, when you shift click someone with huds on, it will show the officer who set them to what they were set to and the reason they were set to, if it was a quickfill it shows up as a red flashing bar
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #229763

heh, a innapropriate quickfill (halp george melons griffin me!) would be a crime in itself but i can definitely see it being abused and waved off by certain shitcurity forces that can't handle or behold the power of appropriate paperwork.

We're getting closer.

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #229936

Add a thing on the cell timer so you can say who's in there and what for, have it change their status automatically so we don't have shit like people coming out of the cells at the end of their timed sentence only to get immediately batoned and hauled back in by officer mcignoretheradio because nobody took them off Arrest