Fix the Teleporter labels

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Timrod

Fix the Teleporter labels

Post by Timrod » #17820

Right now, the teleporter beacons are horribly mis-labelled, as a side result of Steelpoint making bad changes.

The issue is that the old "AI Satellite" from malf (which hasn't been in use on any station that I know of in over 3 years) has a teleporter beacon inside it, which is labelled "AI Satellite Teleporter Room". There is no reason this should still have this label on it, and it's extremely confusing because there is now a new AI Satellite near Engineering. I personally lost an antag round because I wanted to teleport to the current AI Satellite and wound up getting spaced. To make things even more confusing, the beacon that actually DOES go to where the AI is now is labelled "AI Satellite Exterior", despite not going to anywhere near the same place.

This shit needs to be fixed. I would highly reccomend removing the beacon from the Malf Sat and re-labelling the "AI Satellite Exterior" beacon to "AI Minisat Teleporter Room" so that people know where it's going. If you really need a beacon that goes into space, put one in the Derelict Teleporter so that at least if you're spaced, you can get out without needing a hand tele. Alternatively, rename the beacon in the Malf Sat to "Wrecked Teleporter Room" or something that indicates it's not the same thing as the one on the current AI Minisat.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Re: Fix the Teleporter labels

Post by Neerti » #17880

The labels are automatically assigned based on the area name.

So just rename the area to fix it.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?