Security Passive Panic Button

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Security Passive Panic Button

Post by John_Oxford » #250249

In order to combat security disadvantages across all of the stations and all of the game modes, i present this solution.

Adds a passive panic button that spawns on all security personnel (Warden, HoS, Detective, Security Officers) at round start (including late joins)

Its a tiny item that spawns in the left pocket. You can keep it separate from the rest of your equipment or you can attach it to either your stun baton or taser. So long as it is in either of the pockets, belt slot, armor slot or equipped onto a item that is in either of these slots, it will give a hotkey in the top left of the screen that you can click. In order to use it you must swipe your ID on the panic button, you can right click it and select "Wipe Memory" to erase the last swiped ID.

You can use it for the first three seconds that you are in critical condition, you can also attach a heath analyzer to it and implant it in your chest, and it will activate when you reach 0 health and -100 health.

-----[ console reformatting section to accomidate the use of panic buttons ]-----

Changes the security console set up to. Two of these consoles spawn in the wardens office, one spawns in the armory, one spawns in the HoS's office, One in the gulag, and one near the gulag shuttle.

Condenses prisoner management, security records, security cameras, medical records, and suit sensors into once console, accessible by a drop down menu when you open the console. [In the future offering the ability to have multiple windows open at once]

The console will also have a drop down menu for panic buttons, showing all the current active panic buttons on the map, their locations, stunned state, cords, and if they are activated or not. Activated ones can be reset from this menu.

In order to add functionality to the panic buttons, the console will chime "-swiped id name- has activated their panic button at -location- at -cords- in a -stunned- / -not stunned- state." If there is no ID swiped, it will just be stated as unknown to anyone standing by it if a panic button is activated.
-----[ console reformatting section to accomidate the use of panic buttons ]-----
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Security Passive Panic Button

Post by Doctor Pork » #250254

I... like this idea.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #250259

i did something wrong then
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #250811

What so like a pay-day pager? I could get behind it, Heck even just having security jumpsuits get an extra sensor option to automatically send out a radio message on the sec channel with your location when you're in distress would be fantastic.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #250824

How about instead of a button that you press when you fall in crit, there's a button in brig that you have to hit with your ID every 140 seconds or it activates and sounds a horrible siren sound that everyone on the station hears, and shows huge red text OFFICER FIL FILSKY IN DANGER AI TRACK HIM! in the chat.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #250922

Sounds like something I suggested. Personally I think there should be a slight gap between activating it and the message actually being sent so quick traitors have time to look for the button and disarm it to enable counterplay.

Honestly sounds a bit like pager for Payday.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #251076

Anonmare wrote:Sounds like something I suggested. Personally I think there should be a slight gap between activating it and the message actually being sent so quick traitors have time to look for the button and disarm it to enable counterplay.

Honestly sounds a bit like pager for Payday.
It could make a beep like proximity sensors do to alert the traitor that they have one.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #251079

Just say over comms you're going into a place and you'll report back in a few minutes
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #251120

In my experience as Warden, silent sec run off alone, never say a word, and end up in a locker in maint. That's probably where they belong.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #251124

cedarbridge wrote:In my experience as Warden, silent sec run off alone, never say a word, and end up in a locker in maint. That's probably where they belong.
If you decide to eschew player interaction despite it being an integral part of the game then getting fucked up in a dark maintenance tunnel without hope for any backup is totally on you.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #251155

captain sawrge wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:In my experience as Warden, silent sec run off alone, never say a word, and end up in a locker in maint. That's probably where they belong.
If you decide to eschew player interaction despite it being an integral part of the game then getting fucked up in a dark maintenance tunnel without hope for any backup is totally on you.
"IM CHASING [insert character] DOWN ENGI MAIN- NEVERMIND THEY GOT AWAY WHILE I WAS RADIOING YOU"
or
Pushes and pockets button and begins chase "OFFICER BLANK HAS ACTIVATED THEIR DISTRESS BEACON IN ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE"

I mean shit, they could even be used by traitors to control SEC movement if you looted one from a sec corpse or stole one.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #251170

Doctor Pork wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
"IM CHASING [insert character] DOWN ENGI MAIN- NEVERMIND THEY GOT AWAY WHILE I WAS RADIOING YOU"
or
Pushes and pockets button and begins chase "OFFICER BLANK HAS ACTIVATED THEIR DISTRESS BEACON IN ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE"

I mean shit, they could even be used by traitors to control SEC movement if you looted one from a sec corpse or stole one.
I've never asked officers under my care to write novels in hot pursuit but you'd be a fool not to say at least ":s Checking medbay maint." or some other basic positional information.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #251176

If they got their sensors on and can manage to :s a single word like "FUCK" as a Warden I generally go out of my way to get them backup.
Is to say I'll tell the grunts to get the fuck out of my brig a little more loudly than usual.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: