The Manspider Antag

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

The Manspider Antag

Post by Mono » #19349

So due to my hate for spiders both ingame and out, I had the brilliant idea to come up with an antag based around it.

The Manspider/Spider Queen

Backstory
A branch of the spider clan has begun experimenting with and extremely rapid an aggressive mutagen acquired from the syndicate and have sent their prototype to the station as a test run. You are one of the few candidates of the experiments that survived and its now up to you to prove that you are a successful experiment. The spider clan has no use for the weak.

Objectives
Show your masters that you are capable of killing. Consume 5-10 crewmembers
Infest the station. Convert 2-5 humans to your cause(both kills and infest numbers determined by number of crew)
Show the humans the superiority of the spider gene. Reach your third stage of evolution.
Satisfy your curiosity of the humans. Collect 3-8 of a certain item(wrenches, stunbatons, cyborg limbs)
Prove to your masters that you are a success. Stay alive until the end

Abilities
Venomous Bite: You're 70% spider, what did you expect? Aiming for someone's uncovered head allows you to bite them, injecting them with a deadly neurotoxin that rapidly builds toxins in their system. As you evolve your poison buildsthrow toxins at a faster rate. A person must remain still for this to be effective
Web Pool: The webbing you use for your various tasks. Consuming the flesh of our victims or regular food adds to this quickly. Alternatively you can wait for it to regenerate on its own. As you grow and evolve the rate at which your webbin returns will increase.
Evolution(Available only to the queen): You are incomplete. You must find food to build the energy your body needs to continue mutating. As you progress through your stages It will become obvious to the crew that your aren't human yet you will be better equipped to handle their eventual assault.
Change Form: Available only in the first stage,you are able to hide the spider aspects of yourself well making yourself appear fully human. While in human form you may not use any of your powers besides your venemous bite.
Web Shot: You sling a portion of your web pool at a target of your choosing to stun them. The webbing acts as very weak handcuffs to further hold them after the stun. As you evolve the webbing will grow tougher and be more difficult to remove.
Coccoon: You use a large portion of your web pool to wrap a person in a cocoon, silencing them and allowing for easy transport back to the lair without struggle. As you evolve the webbing will grow tougher making it harder to break out of and requiring less webbing to create.
Infest: You use a portion of the energy you have built up to evolve in order to force the mutagen into a human, turning them into a manspider and converting to your cause. The process require the human to remain still and takes about a minute. Using this on the dead immediately gibs the corpse and creates an npc spider.
Change Form(Manspider): You stop hiding inside your old human form and reveal yourself in a terrifying shower of gibs.In your new form you take the shape of a large spider and deal increased brute damage and inject small does of the queens neurotoxin into your victims.You may also wrap them in a cocoon for quick transport back to the lair.

Strategy
Early on you should take advantage of your ability to disguise as a human to scope out possible threats and to acquire food to accelerate your progress to the second stage. This time should also be used to sabotage things thy might be a threat to you later on(read those damn borgs, always hatin on the non-humans)
Once you hit the second stage all bets are off and you better be ready to start taking down the crew. Remember that at the moment the dead are of little use to you. You want disguised manspiders that will be able to disable key elements that you couldn't get to yourself.
Food and reaching your final stage are your number one priority. The crew likely knows your there and the ai is likely to have told them where. Higher stages will reward you with a tougher exoskeleton to resist fire and brute damage as well as better effects on your abilities.

This was an idea that I came up with on my journey through some other servers. I'm looking for flaws that people find in the idea as well as editions to it. Spiders are the kittens of space an see woeful underuse, except by lings to force a shuttle call.
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Re: The Manspider Antag

Post by Lovecraft » #19351

It has spunk, I'll give you that.
I'd love to see the idea fleshed out a lot, I've always felt the Spiderclan could use some more in-game presence.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #19356

>you will never be spiderman in space

feels bad man
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #19388

Sounds like very easy to stun/bite everyone for easy murderboner. Also I don't like the fact that the objective is to murderize a bunch of people. Look at the aliens, which deserve to be a mode on their own, by the way, their objective is to capture people alive. Only bad xenos kill people. Infection takes time and can be countered. Aliens would actually be a pretty good game mode.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #19396

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Also I don't like the fact that the objective is to murderize a bunch of people.
This except not emphasized enough. There's a reason that when it was changed so that changelings had to murder for their objective their required kills was lowered. Having a bunch of antags crawling around with the specific aim to remove players from the round is to be universally despised.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #19424

paprika wrote:>you will never be spiderman in space

feels bad man
Don't kill my dreams pappy.

Also in regards to the easy murderboner and murderbone objectives, the number of people to kill can be lessened or removed all together in favor of more infestation or other FUN objectives. The whole point of the web shot being stronger at later levels is to unite the crew against the big bad boss. You go alone and your done for, where as it only has a limited amount of web to use should a coordinated assault be led on it. To add to this you common assistant can serve as a shield to eat the web projectile for the people who are actually armed. I was actually considering giving it a short silence if the queen aims for the head when firing so that she has a chance to silently abduct people and plant manspiders amongst the crew. Imagine leadin an assault on her and as your group makes the final push to the queen, the security officer who has gunned down countless spider drones and the chaplain keepin you all alive, explode into gibs and reveal themselves to be manspiders. Welp, rip you. Welcome to the dark side, we lied about the cookies.
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them