The Identity System

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: The Identity System

Post by Qbopper » #277994

Bottom post of the previous page:

JJRcop wrote:
Qbopper wrote:I'm going to ask you a question JJR and please don't take personal offense to it

do you ACTUALLY think there's a snowball's chance in hell this will be merged? Seriously, is there anyone who unironically likes and wants this
Yes and yes.

No offense taken. :)
I'm not sure I've heard anyone else in favor of this but if that's actually the case I'll close my mouth

I think you'll have more difficulty getting this merged than robustin's point system, though, so good luck on that
Limey wrote:its too late.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #278011

My biggest problem with this is that it nukes our current state of nebulous continuity left at the discretion of the player and adds a layer of pointless busywork where you go around to learn everyones names.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278018

Wyzack wrote:My biggest problem with this is that it nukes our current state of nebulous continuity left at the discretion of the player and adds a layer of pointless busywork where you go around to learn everyones names.
essentially this is a big issue for me - what does this do that adds depth to the game? if we pretend no one will abuse it for annoying spammy shit then I still don't see the point, everyone will run around examining you and if you don't want people to examine you so you can do shady shit then you're going to be called valid

also how does it make sense

-for voices to be unknown, it's impossible to distinguish people from one another which makes no sense
-for everyone to have no idea who other people are on the station they're being employed at
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #278165

oranges wrote:apparently it's fine to use your opinion as a barometer for public opinion though
You're welcome to check the chat logs on the day it was last testmerged if you don't believe me.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #278194

An appeal to the majority?

If only there was some way to ask a group of people what they thought and get a counted result of the answers for each to divine the majority's feelings
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #278219

oranges wrote:An appeal to the majority?

If only there was some way to ask a group of people what they thought and get a counted result of the answers for each to divine the majority's feelings
Yeah, if only we'd have done something like this with an actual sensible question that truly shows "don't like" vs. "like" rather than "don't like" vs. "test more" and twisting it to our own agenda, eh Oranges?
私は完璧
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278274

c'mon remie, I thought passive aggressive jabs were oranges' gimmick

if the player base really, truly wants it, and we have a poll that has hard "yes this is a feature I want merged"/"no, never"/"not as is" options, then I suppose there'd really be no choice, but we don't have that data right now
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #278371

this system bites
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #278387

How does this improve the game? Seriously how? Never have I said "Hey, I really want to not know anyone at the start of the round so I have to mindlessly click on everyone like a shitty mobile game." I'm curious as to your point of view on this.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #278412

I like the idea, but I have odd ideas.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #278443

Remie Richards wrote:
oranges wrote:An appeal to the majority?

Yeah, if only we'd have done something like this with an actual sensible question that truly shows "don't like" vs. "like" rather than "don't like" vs. "test more" and twisting it to our own agenda, eh Oranges?
It's oranges, I didn't write the poll and it only shows that people are at least interested in further testing of this idea before they make a final decision on how they like it, so I've been trying to get this PR to a ready state for more test merges so we can finally have that poll about like vs dislike and deal with that question on an informed basis.

However every time a test merge does get made you and luke cox show up and screech like a pair of angry gibbons and obscure any valid feedback and bug reports with shouting about how this is terrible and will never work and how JJRCOP should just quit and give up trying.

More importantly you have been extremely biased throughout this entire process, so acting like I'm somehow running an agenda when the only person who has had one so far is you is extremely rude.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #279115

>shifting the blame

Cmon Oranges you're better than this.
私は完璧
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #279127

I was looking forward to this.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #279130

Remie Richards wrote:>shifting the blame

Cmon Oranges you're better than this.
The fact you are still trying to act like I have a bias when there is more than adequate evidence to indicate the only person with a bias is you is embarrassing, please stop.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #279132

Lmao sure Oranges.
What's really embarrassing is you chiming in every 2 seconds trying to claim something else as embarrassing, THAT's embarrassing.
私は完璧
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #279136

Can we get a lock on here so you two have to bicker privatley.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.