Security Armour

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Security Armour

Post by Steelpoint » #264650

Bottom post of the previous page:

I thought off handedly to consider putting a single SWAT Armour and SWAT Helmet in the HoS's Office.

You then get to choose between great defence but your slow as crap, or light/moderate defence but full speed.

Edit: Disregard, I double checked and the SWAT armour stats are rubbish.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #264654

I just want the hos to be the final boss when you're fighting sec. He should never come out if he has a fully working sec force, and he should be insanely strong. Like, adrenaline implant levels of strong.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #264655

You just know that if a player ever is this strong as security they'll go out and hunt down all the valids they can.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #264656

Sligneris wrote:You just know that if a player ever is this strong as security they'll go out and hunt down all the valids they can.
I know, we can't have nice things.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264905

The HoS represents the best of security, and in most circumstances the HoS is either leading from the front, or is organising security and the station against a larger threat.

A good HoS knows when to go in first and get his/her hands dirty, and when to pull back and act as a rear commander to organise the team.

E: Still really want to buff the HoS armour to actually be better than a standard armour vest.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #264908

I am the final boss as sec, I'm not a shit final boss that lets the antaprotagonists gear level up by throwing low-level goons at them until they have the gear levels to come and fuck my shit up, I go fuck them up before they have a chance.

In the space future RPGs aren't very fun.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #264909

ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the final boss as sec, I'm not a shit final boss that lets the antaprotagonists gear level up by throwing low-level goons at them until they have the gear levels to come and fuck my shit up, I go fuck them up before they have a chance.

In the space future RPGs aren't very fun.
That's not balanced, you're banned
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264914

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264952

Not related to Security but does anyone else think the cargo SWAT Suits are worthless?

They cost 6000 points to order, and for that you get two suits of SWAT armour+helm that has virtually identical armour to a standard armour vest, sans it covers your limbs and offers good bio prot, BUT you also suffer a movement speed slowdown for wearing it.

Whereas you can order three standard armour vests for 1000 points that provide the same protection without the slow down?

I only see them being worn since they look cool and Cargo likes to spend their money on something, I was once tempted to order them to issue to Security but when I checked their stats later on I found it shocking how bad it is.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #264956

Use the system for ties & overcoats which sprite wise attach onto 'uniform' (below exosuit) clothes to create a combat system for armors which have functionalities and tradeoffs. In my example i highlight armor shoulder pads for standard armor sets which deflect melee strikes of a certain force & penetration as a useful tool for Wardens who have the SHITTIEST armor of all the high clearance sec (infact they can just wear the navy-seal marine officer suit and be safe with this suggestion.)

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... -285042536

> I make a point that Steelpoint is contradicting themselves by relentlessly twiddling with exosuit armor values, when taking off that armor or having it degrade ("Remember that phil's damage PR makes armor break down via extended 'damage' that can be inflicted upon the user by using alternative damage types) in that raising the natural armor values to do this in the face of already varied types of INTENSE damage and antagonists who can change tactics on the fly is exactly copying the goon model of "INSANE ARMOR TO COUNTER INSANE WEAPONS" rather than something smart like attachments which bolster more lower tier balanced base armors.

When the armor is degraded, the attachments pop-off as a integrity feature.

Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #264982

Steelpoint wrote:Not related to Security but does anyone else think the cargo SWAT Suits are worthless?

They cost 6000 points to order, and for that you get two suits of SWAT armour+helm that has virtually identical armour to a standard armour vest, sans it covers your limbs and offers good bio prot, BUT you also suffer a movement speed slowdown for wearing it.

Whereas you can order three standard armour vests for 1000 points that provide the same protection without the slow down?

I only see them being worn since they look cool and Cargo likes to spend their money on something, I was once tempted to order them to issue to Security but when I checked their stats later on I found it shocking how bad it is.
They're space suits
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264984

Huh, never knew they were classified technically as a space suit.

Well in that regard that improves their usage.

Though it seems strange that a near 500 year old SWAT suit is a superior combat space suit to a modern day Security Hardsuit.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #264985

They have separate helmets and don't have built in lights
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #264986

Twenty-minutes-into-the-future cops don't fuck around.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #264987

Considering we live in the age of Hardsuits I all but forgot non-Hardsuit space suits exist sans the Space Suits in EVA and the traitor Suits.

I always associated them with a upgraded form of body armour, not as a space suit.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #265167

I've been considering to add proper MK.II SWAT Armour to the game, but I can't think of where to put them outside of it being a admin item.

All SWAT Variants

Defensively its slightly better than the MK.I SWAT Armour, but slightly less powerful as the Captain's personal MK.II SWAT Armour.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #265169

Welcome to the top ten most esoteric fetishes
1. Digital pixelated armor for an atmospherics in space simulator-turned murder mystery fest on a practically obsoleted obscure PC engine called "byond" that has slightly higher armor values than other armors
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #265745

The armour PR was closed due to its controversial manner, which is fair considering I was going to close it for a similar reason, but you can't close a PR that has been locked to maintainers and oranges wanted others opinions.

Kor said he would entertain the idea of some kind of shielded armour, but I think that's a insane idea to put forward.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #265751

What if the warden and HoS some how passively became a harder target to hit while in hard points, like security checkpoints, ect

Like what if the tiles had conduits under them that ran power to the tiles, not a strong enough current to affect people wearing shoes, but those without shoes (prisoners) would get a 1-2 second knock down every step they took inside of the brig.

Following this, the warden and hos get red and white and black versions of a lightened swat armor, the warden's suit offers 45 brute resist, 45 burn resist, 85 bomb resist, 65 rad resist, and 75 bio resist. However, when standing on these energized tiles, the suit contains conductive plates on the bottom of it, the power is pulled from the tiles and used to harden a filling inside of the armor plates, that would otherwise be a gel like substance, but when put through a strong current, becomes a very hard ceramic, bumping up the armory values to 65 brute resist, 55 burn, 95 bomb, 85 rad, and 100 bio.

However, when these powered tiles are not present, the suit suffers from a overdraw in power consumption, resulting in a speed slightly faster than the old riot armor. Meaning this would encourage wardens and heads of security to stay back and receive a buff for being on their own turf, or go out in a severely down graded set of old armor.

Or. you can give them these suits, but have them require power cells that drain very quickly. However, the powered tiles automatically fill this cell, meaning that there is no need to recharge or replace them when inside of the brig. If this is done however, the suit gets much better bonuses, like something along the lines of a adrenal synthesiser, stun gloves that either take half the power cell and knock someone out, or take the entire power cell and put them into crit.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #265752

also sorry for derail necro will make new thread
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #265920

Not really much of a necro.

Either way, any form of a personal shield is beyond my abilities, unless you want to toss a SWAT suit with a crappy shield somewhere. If anyone more competent than me wants to take a stab at a personal shield, be my guest.

Its a shame the Warden and HoS armour are going to remain as is, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #265934

Steelpoint wrote:The armour PR was closed due to its controversial manner, which is fair considering I was going to close it for a similar reason, but you can't close a PR that has been locked to maintainers and oranges wanted others opinions.

Kor said he would entertain the idea of some kind of shielded armour, but I think that's a insane idea to put forward.
I egged him on.

Suggested to him about the clip on armor mods, he said he was cool with it as long as it was aesthetically visible in the case of a ablative armor pad for chance of deflecting laser shots.

> I also approached Gun-hog who wants something different, a full on shield "charge" for a suit or something.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #265943

Oh, for the record. I've closed my Riot Armour PR due to me disagreeing with Oranges request to lower it to 55 or 50 melee.

However, my Bulletproof Armour PR was merged. Which adjusted the Helmet and Vest to have 60 bullet defence each.