Less talk more action on Synthetics, aka FUCK THE AI thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Less talk more action on Synthetics, aka FUCK THE AI thr

Post by lumipharon » #111864

Bottom post of the previous page:

People that paladin/robocop the AI at round start (CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT DO IT EVERY ROUND AS CAPTAIN) are truly awful.

When under those lawsets, AI's really are cockblocker9000's - it's pretty shit.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #111869

paladin can be played in a non-validhunt manner, kind of. law one and two are nebulous as shit really, never commit an evil act asks the question "what is evil?" and really that can be anything.

most of the time though it's just used as an excuse by captains to obligate the AI to let them do whatever they fucking want, mostly kill prisoners for little to no reason, stir shit and fuck over the crew, then expect the AI to back them up on it.

if you think about a paladin, that is one of the things they will never allow, so it makes more sense that a paladin would actually be more against that type of tyrannical authority than an asimov construct. paladin law hierarchy poorly represents lawful good in my opinion, it should probably be changed.

not that anyone even uploads non-asimov these days, the last time i played a non-asimov borg that wasn't emagged was like 6 weeks ago.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #111873

Regardless of what paladin should or shouldn't be played like, the number of tims I have witnessed, or been the victim of fucking secborgs MURDERING DEFENCLESS PRISONERS is completely rediculous.
Is it hard to understand that butchering unarmed, helpless captives is fucking evil?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #111875

Britimov is sorely under-used. One of the best times i've had as an AI was being carded and carried around by the captainKING to serve as his royal advisor.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik

Post by Cik » #111876

yeah, unfortunately paladin is basically a purge lawset in terms of freedom. looking at it casually you see 5 laws, more restrictive than three, right? but the first two are essentially the only important ones. they give you complete freedom.

1. never commit an evil act

within the bounds of this law, anything can be evil or not evil. the AI could easily declare that nothing is evil (though i don't, fucking god no you're supposed to be playing a paladin you fuckhead)

2. respect legitimate authority

again, so nebulous as to be ridiculous. the only time this is rigidly defined is if someone subverts you with "only X is legitimate authority" within the bounds of this law you can declare anyone legitimate authority, including traitors, nukeops, xenos, the command staff, nobody or even yourself.

with these two laws you can out of the box plasma flood and kill the station by letter of the law. of course you will be banned in like two seconds but still, the freedom you have is fucking absurd.

unfortunately most paladin AIs just see it is 'time to validhunt' or 'time to kill everything' and don't do it properly but whatever. like most lawsets it's redeemed or failed by the player, not necessarily the letter of the laws. even corporate which is also a purge lawset that makes no fucking sense can be redeemed by a decent player.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #111880

Cik wrote:with these two laws you can out of the box plasma flood and kill the station by letter of the law.
Its this kind of thinking from the players is why we can't have nice things.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik

Post by Cik » #111884

i'd never actually do it of course, for two reasons: one i like playing sillicon and i don't want to be permabanned from it, and two it's just fucking retarded on it's face that what is supposed to be a super lawful good construct can suddenly twist it's laws into beep boop kill all humans

i'm just saying that you can do more with the lawset than what it's generally used for which is I ALWAYS OBEY COMMAND STAFF KILL ALL PRISONERS ALL THINGS THAT RESEMBLE ANTAGONISTS MUST DIE BEEP BOOP BOLTSHOCK EVERYTHING

which is just pretty lame.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #111885

remove paladin board y/y

robocop board shouldnt even exist onstation.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Cik

Post by Cik » #111887

Miauw wrote:remove paladin board y/y

i think it's a player perspective problem, not a law problem. is there a guide to lawsets? most people only know asimov because it's what you're in 99% of the time, when you get switched to anything else it feels foreign, esp. if you are a new AI player.

and really robocop is exactly the same as paladin, law one trumps all other laws and it's super nebulous, you can serve the public trust by going against security if you think it's necessary, though i suppose it might obligate you to help them more often than paladin does.

edit: and why does no one use tyrant it's fun as fuck some scientist uploaded it while the captain wasn't looking a few weeks ago and i had a blast

for whatever reason people keep worrying about me plasma flooding even though tyrant is basically asimov - but more aggressive

i had a ball.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #111888

I'd prefer for the other boards to have some policy comparable to what Asimov has so that they can get uploaded every once in awhile without worrying about the crapshoot of whether your AI is feeling like being a dick that day.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #111889

lumipharon wrote:Regardless of what paladin should or shouldn't be played like, the number of tims I have witnessed, or been the victim of fucking secborgs MURDERING DEFENCLESS PRISONERS is completely rediculous.
Is it hard to understand that butchering unarmed, helpless captives is fucking evil?
Is it, though? I can totally imagine a lawful good paladin beheading someone after an investigation showing they're guilty of some heinous crime.

Evil is more nebulous than "he's restrained, it's fucking off the charts". There can be a good reason to kill someone carefully.
Cik

Post by Cik » #111891

Arete wrote:

I'd prefer for the other boards to have some policy comparable to what Asimov has so that they can get uploaded every once in awhile without worrying about the crapshoot of whether your AI is feeling like being a dick that day.
unfortunately the lack of policy exists mostly because they are uploaded so rarely. asimov is so well ironed out just because it's a lawset of obligations, meaning the same sort of decision tree will come up very often, and since it's 99% of AI/borg time a FAQ of sorts is needed to stop things from becoming stupid. if the others were in play more you'd see policy for them.
Cik

Post by Cik » #111892

Cheimon wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Regardless of what paladin should or shouldn't be played like, the number of tims I have witnessed, or been the victim of fucking secborgs MURDERING DEFENCLESS PRISONERS is completely rediculous.
Is it, though? I can totally imagine a lawful good paladin beheading someone after an investigation showing they're guilty of some heinous crime.

Evil is more nebulous than "he's restrained, it's fucking off the charts". There can be a good reason to kill someone carefully.
true but let's play a word game

"security"
"well considered execution"
"trial"

how likely do you think this is :^)
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #111899

Cheimon wrote:

I've been executed by a paladin borg like, 4 times as a traitor.
3 of those times I hadn't harmd anyone, I'd just been caught with illegal items.

So yeah, fuck paladin validhunters.

Edit: Also the number of times paladin borgs BEAT prisoners/misc others. There is no possible justification for this what so ever.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #111932

Whenever someone uploads PALADIN and expects me to be Valudhunt McMuteBoltShockSiphon, I go out of my way to shit on them with that big poorly defined Law 1, usually.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #111933

I have always wanted to get paladin'd as a borg or Ai so I can roleplay a medieval paladin, court princesses and be chivalrous
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #111960

Saegrimr wrote:Britimov is sorely under-used. One of the best times i've had as an AI was being carded and carried around by the captainKING to serve as his royal advisor.
As someone who is really interested in the idea you just posed, I am under the impression it is frowned upon by the administration. What is your take?

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Cik

Post by Cik » #111976

frowned upon? huh?

as long as it's consensual who cares

i'm sure the admins don't frown on actual roleplaying why would they?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #111979

Atticat wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Britimov is sorely under-used. One of the best times i've had as an AI was being carded and carried around by the captainKING to serve as his royal advisor.
As someone who is really interested in the idea you just posed, I am under the impression it is frowned upon by the administration. What is your take?
Frowned upon? Not at all.
I mean maybe make sure the AI you do it to is okay with being carded and carried around because it means he can't do anything else other than watch the immediate area surrounding you. I could see that being very boring for some.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #112034

my favorite law to upload to the AI is "You are a kawaii japanese schoolgirl that has a crush on the crew".
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #112077

One of the most cruel laws you could possibly upload.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #112089

I dont understand why the people who say they hate traitor sec for how easily they killed people think they will enjoy the game without an AI safety net.

Good luck shouting out an intelligible cry for help amid all the GLORF. A harm baton would become a parapen.

I guess the new ridiculously accurate crew monitors might mitigate that, but still.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112098

My biggest problem with traitorsec is having to worry about your buddies killing you on patrol, it is really more about their status/ability to bring you to a secluded brig/gulag to murderhide you and have plausible deniability than actual robust equipment. Harmbatons are not really any worse than eswords.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Atticat

Post by Atticat » #112124

Wyzack wrote:My biggest problem with traitorsec is having to worry about your buddies killing you on patrol, it is really more about their status/ability to bring you to a secluded brig/gulag to murderhide you and have plausible deniability than actual robust equipment. Harmbatons are not really any worse than eswords.
but you won't be perma-brigged for carrying a baton. Besides, the baton stuns so it's actually more useful than the esword.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #112134

As far as silicons go, the kind that annoy me the most are the ones that wordlessly barge into the brig and start releasing prisoners because someone, somewhere used the word execution in a sentence. Preventing executions is all fine and good for asimovs, but releasing a bloodied murderer back into the station or bolting down half of sec just winds up allowing more harm.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Cik

Post by Cik » #112144

it's all in security's hands really. after the update that added integral AI radio, you always hear the sec channel so as soon as someone says anything related to execution you pretty much have to pour in to try to stop it. just use say, or pda, or just say you're transferring the prisoner. you can't really fault the machine for following the tripwire that's literally built in. if you're going to be executing people just get the captain to change the lawset.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #112163

It's not the preventing an execution part that's irritating, it's when Borgs just drag the guy out and let them go or leave a bunch of sec bolted down. Bolt perma to keep sec out, or have the borg take the prisoner into the evidence closet or one of the other small rooms and guard the dude. Protective custody instead of just releasing violent murderers.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Cik

Post by Cik » #112165

you should probably ahelp that if you are actually in the right, it's against sillicon policy to release harmful prisoners. you can yakety to prevent them from being harmed, but actually releasing them out of the cuffs or whatever is forbidden.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #112178

preventing immediate harm is prioritized over potential harm, so even if the guy killed as many people as space Hitler and space Genghis combined, a borg would HAVE to stop him from being executed even if that means releasing him
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Alek2ander
Byond Username: Alek2ander

Post by Alek2ander » #112360

Esword cuts bolts (again) when?
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #112521

I agree with the remove AI suggestion. Or at least trial it.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #112644

PKPenguin321 wrote:preventing immediate harm is prioritized over potential harm, so even if the guy killed as many people as space Hitler and space Genghis combined, a borg would HAVE to stop him from being executed even if that means releasing him
It would have to keep him detained while preventing his execution, all harm is weighed equally.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #112667

just send a borg to abduct him to a maint room somewhere.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #112673

Yea I've never seen an AI punished for allowing executions as asimov, it happens every day.

The AI excuse of "oh I didn't notice" or "oh I was distracted" will get them out of every tacit consent to harm they give.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #112676

AI's get away with all sorts of shit with their laws all the time because its a bitch to deal with, unless its really obvious don't expect to see bans for it.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #112715

Yeah, unless you actively encouraged or enabled it it's pretty much impossible to tell whether the AI was ignoring it or just incompetent. And since we don't punish incompetence for any roles, this is okay.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #112719

It's also hard to tell when someone is genuinely being harmed and when they're just being disarmed/pushed. Suit sensors have a 5 second delay between updates and that's assuming they're on at all, so I have to watch for a moment and see if blood is appearing or wait for the suit sensor update. And sometimes by the time I see people they're already dead and no longer Human, and since murder is technically a Capital Crime punishable by death, I shouldn't report it when the perp was a Human. Plus AIs have to feign ignorance regarding Prisoner Re-Education as it's considered metagaming to bolt it down when Security talks about re-educating a prisoner.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #112723

Oldman Robustin wrote:Yea I've never seen an AI punished for allowing executions as asimov, it happens every day.

The AI excuse of "oh I didn't notice" or "oh I was distracted" will get them out of every tacit consent to harm they give.
There is a good reason for this.

A Secborg stuns an officer and tries to rescue a prisoner:
"[Security] SECBORG ROGUE GET THE ION GUN"

A mediborg sees the HoS lasering a traitor, so it steals and begins healing him:
"[Command] RD LOCK THE BORGS"

AI refuses to let the HoS into the upload to change it to Robocop:
"[Common] AI ROGUE"

Trying to stop or interfere with Security is pointless. It only makes the crew hate you, gets your borgs locked, and it may even get you re-lawed or carded. I have tried to do this in the past, and I am simply tired of trying. It is not fun for me, not fun for Sec, and not fair to my borgs. "Neutral party" AI simply does not work, and anyone who tries will quickly learn why.
Cik

Post by Cik » #112737

i get the feeling most security people don't know how AI works at all, or are just being spiteful. i've been blown at least 5 times in last few days because i've rescued people they are flagrantly beating to death or while they are talking about how they're about to do it on security channel

neutral entity only doesn't work because of security, and jesus christ RDs are so eager to blow borgs it's fucking ridiculous. hear one AI rogue scream by some assistant as a joke and [CYBORG DETONATION DETECTED!] times however many cyborgs you have. these days i have to have my finger on the RD console APC power button all the fuggin time just to stop all my shit from being blown as a perfectly helpful angelic asimov AI, it's fucked.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #112766

Validhunting mindset is at fault. Admins encourage it, so good luck getting rid of it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #112825

Scott wrote:Admins encourage it, so good luck getting rid of it.
u wot m8
Boogeyman
Byond Username: Kingofcarrotflowerspt1

Post by Boogeyman » #113298

There is NOTHING to do as an AI except valid hunt, so why not? That's your real gameplay purpose, valid hunter and door opener.

If YOU don't like getting caught by the AI, it's rather simple, don't do antagonistic things on camera. If you think there are too many cameras, then cut them. Do you think you're going to be committing crimes often in places in camera range? Then get some tools and learn the door wires. Important ones being bolt, AI control, and power wires. You can also kill the AI. Killing the AI is ridiculously easy because the coders hate the AI. The AI satellite is so poorly defended that if you know how, you can destroy/bypass all the turrets on the satellite with 0% chance of getting shot. Or you could spend 18 telecrystals to blow up the AI. Or 0 if you're a scientist. Or you could subvert the AI! Please no more AI nerfs!

L O L at the implication that the AI in relation to the past was buffed, what a joke. A reminder

>Malf AI used to be able to shunt repeatedly
>Pinpointers never tracked the AI
>Traitor laws had to be purged to be removed
>Couldn't blow emagged borgs
>Xray cameras used to be the default camera
>Cameras EVERYWHERE in maint
>The AI core was not nerfed to uselessness multiple times by Giacom, Erro, and the rest of the boogeymen
>Turrets had more health and shot faster
>The AI used to get camera alarms the minute a camera was cut
>Camera static didn't exist so it was actually possible to see if a camera was cut from another camera angle
>No slow moving free look
>No delay on tracking so it was possible (AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED TO DO THIS) to cycle through tracking the whole crew within the span of a minute
>Carded AI's weren't restricted to their card view
>Engieborgs used to be able to put airlocks in other airlocks
>RCD power consumption was nowhere near as bad as it is now
>Pretty sure watching cyborgs through security cameras wasn't a thing either

And plenty of other shit I managed to forget. The only "buff" the AI has gotten is the ability to access all radio channels at once.

If you have an issue with OTHERS getting fucked over by the AI, then L O L. Good luck. Everyone is a complete retard and removing the AI won't fix that.

All these suggested nerfs to the AI really piss me off. It's a clear case of "WAHHH I DIED NERF PLEASE" If anything, the AI should have MORE power. Traitor AI's are ridiculously under powered, don't even get me started on double agent AI's in which case it's impossible to win without immediately murdering everyone via plasma and emagged borgs. Traitor AI's should be able to use the Malfunction tab minus the autoborger and shunting, that would be a good substantial buff.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #113338

Boogeyman wrote:
Spoiler:
There is NOTHING to do as an AI except valid hunt, so why not? That's your real gameplay purpose, valid hunter and door opener.

If YOU don't like getting caught by the AI, it's rather simple, don't do antagonistic things on camera. If you think there are too many cameras, then cut them. Do you think you're going to be committing crimes often in places in camera range? Then get some tools and learn the door wires. Important ones being bolt, AI control, and power wires. You can also kill the AI. Killing the AI is ridiculously easy because the coders hate the AI. The AI satellite is so poorly defended that if you know how, you can destroy/bypass all the turrets on the satellite with 0% chance of getting shot. Or you could spend 18 telecrystals to blow up the AI. Or 0 if you're a scientist. Or you could subvert the AI! Please no more AI nerfs!

L O L at the implication that the AI in relation to the past was buffed, what a joke. A reminder

>Malf AI used to be able to shunt repeatedly
>Pinpointers never tracked the AI
>Traitor laws had to be purged to be removed
>Couldn't blow emagged borgs
>Xray cameras used to be the default camera
>Cameras EVERYWHERE in maint
>The AI core was not nerfed to uselessness multiple times by Giacom, Erro, and the rest of the boogeymen
>Turrets had more health and shot faster
>The AI used to get camera alarms the minute a camera was cut
>Camera static didn't exist so it was actually possible to see if a camera was cut from another camera angle
>No slow moving free look
>No delay on tracking so it was possible (AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED TO DO THIS) to cycle through tracking the whole crew within the span of a minute
>Carded AI's weren't restricted to their card view
>Engieborgs used to be able to put airlocks in other airlocks
>RCD power consumption was nowhere near as bad as it is now
>Pretty sure watching cyborgs through security cameras wasn't a thing either

And plenty of other shit I managed to forget. The only "buff" the AI has gotten is the ability to access all radio channels at once.

If you have an issue with OTHERS getting fucked over by the AI, then L O L. Good luck. Everyone is a complete retard and removing the AI won't fix that.

All these suggested nerfs to the AI really piss me off. It's a clear case of "WAHHH I DIED NERF PLEASE" If anything, the AI should have MORE power. Traitor AI's are ridiculously under powered, don't even get me started on double agent AI's in which case it's impossible to win without immediately murdering everyone via plasma and emagged borgs. Traitor AI's should be able to use the Malfunction tab minus the autoborger and shunting, that would be a good substantial buff.
You missed a few recent ones:
- EMPs do not trigger camera alarms for 90 seconds.
- Cameras may now be shut down simply by hitting them.
- AIs can no longer use their built-in xray sight, leaving them blind in their own core if cameras start broken, this nerf is also broken, as AIs cannot follow themselves properly if moving or on the emergency shuttle.
- Secborgs used to have a taser.

Sadly, we can expect to see even more of these nerfs, as the silicon hate brigade is only starting.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #113874

Gun Hog wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Yea I've never seen an AI punished for allowing executions as asimov, it happens every day.

There is a good reason for this.

A Secborg stuns an officer and tries to rescue a prisoner:
"[Security] SECBORG ROGUE GET THE ION GUN"

A mediborg sees the HoS lasering a traitor, so it steals and begins healing him:
"[Command] RD LOCK THE BORGS"

AI refuses to let the HoS into the upload to change it to Robocop:
"[Common] AI ROGUE"

Trying to stop or interfere with Security is pointless. It only makes the crew hate you, gets your borgs locked, and it may even get you re-lawed or carded. I have tried to do this in the past, and I am simply tired of trying. It is not fun for me, not fun for Sec, and not fair to my borgs. "Neutral party" AI simply does not work, and anyone who tries will quickly learn why.
Maybe we should be a bit more strict on people who scream "ROGUE BORGS, BLOW AWAY" when they're simply following their lawset [especially default asimov], because it's already a rule 1 violation according to silicon policy.

I think as of right now, the AI is in a good spot. It's a play-controlled utility/weapon depending on how it's laws [things that normal players set] are setup and can honestly get it's rear kicked pretty easily. Sure, you may have to setup a place before killing someone [See Smacking a camera] but that just makes the assassination more rewarding. Are we REALLY upset we have to work to take someone out of the round so much to the point where we're willing to remove an entire job just to make it easier on the antagonists? I'm on the more lethals boat myself, but that doesn't and shouldn't mean antags can simply kill the station away freely unless they EARNED that ability through self-skill or a lack their of among the crew. Should we also remove things like Toxins where people can get destroyed permanently without any warning? You can't buy a traitor item that detects bombs, you can't purchase a ling ability to protect yourself from bombs while in gib radius, you can't make a rune/purchase a spell that stops bombs from working, you can't take out the Tank Transfer Valves unless you yourself work for Science, and once you're in cuban pete's radius you can't escape unless you're near the edge of the blast or have extremely niche armor on. I may be comparing apples to oranges here but it seems odd to use the argument that we should remove the AI because you can't stop ValidScream McDoorbolts when there are other components that have even fewer counters but everyone seems to be okay with.

Maybe if we returned it on station people would be less upset about the AI, as the common issue is the only real way to "destroy" the AI is to simply rewrite it's laws [AKA spend TCs that could be used for FUN!!] or waste a lot of time and resources going to the core [which usually involved bombs that also cost TC because fuck going in there 'normally'].

Semi-Related Note, Fuck Secborgs that follow space law and not their current lawset [See: Asimo-valids]. Validborg McTaserbeams is shit and doesn't really have an excuse except "RP would have it where Centcomm would have ordered me to follow space law" or something else really dumb. If this was a thread was about how shitty secborgs are and how people try to manipulate the lawset to deny some redtext instead of play silicons like they'd ought to, then I'd definitely would hop on the bandwagon.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #113888

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Maybe we should be a bit more strict on people who scream "ROGUE BORGS, BLOW AWAY" when they're simply following their lawset [especially default asimov], because it's already a rule 1 violation according to silicon policy.
I'd love to but I never seem to catch these people, and I guess nobody adminhelped otherwise i'd hope they were asked why they're screaming shit.

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Semi-Related Note, Fuck Secborgs that follow space law and not their current lawset
Agreed, and I tend to PM them asking why they're ignoring law 2 orders from a human (if they're human).

I do like arresting people for stupid shit as a secborg but the instant they say "stop arresting me" I just drop them and leave them there.
Its pretty hilarious to see them go "holy shit I didn't think that'd actually work".
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #114151

@saegrimr

It's funnier when they don't remember to law 2 at all, and just scream over and over at you about how you're shitty and rogue and gay and the worst borg while you sit there with a grin the size of a house.

It's funniest when they say "Borg law 2 let me go" and you say "You're a lizardperson, fuckwad"
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #114322

Extra fun bonus round when they try and pull law 2 after breaking several noses or whatevs.
Atticat

Post by Atticat » #114376

I rarely see security borgs add anything to rounds except ruining them by being unstunabble, space immune, fire immune, telepathic valid hunter 5000's.

Miauw

Post by Miauw » #114384

remove secborg 2015
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #114412

Miauw wrote:remove secborg 2015
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #114418

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Miauw wrote:fuck up the entire balance of Station AI, Rogue AI, and Malfunction 2015