Spray bottles and slips.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Spray bottles and slips.

Post by TheNightingale » #133301

The proposal: Change the required number of reagents on a tile for it to count as a wet/lubed tile to be more than 15.
Why?: Because spray bottles full of lube are horrifically strong.
What else does this affect?: Janitor's mops, mainly. You can still pour beakers on the floor to make it wet/lubed, but you have to use a spray bottle two or three times per tile (thereby limiting its effectiveness). We could change janitor mops to force a wet overlay, I suppose.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Spray bottles and slips.

Post by Helios » #133306

You're proposing janitors to no longer slip people when mopping by default.
I would be opposed to this.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #133307

"We could change janitor mops to force a wet overlay, I suppose."
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133318

1: No

2: No

3: Stop trying to nerf slips you assblasted cucks

4: No
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133322

No. Then there's no real way to apply water/lube to turfs.

You'd be better off reducing the amount each spray can hold to 50% of normal capacity. So long as the slip duration changes were reverted, I'd be totally good with that.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #133324

Did people just forget you could splash shit on the ground with reagent holding containers or something?

I'm not exactly for a spray nerfing I'm just saying.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #133330

This is not call of duty where everything is perfectly, symmetrically balanced. Harden the fuck up, and accept that people have the means to fuck you up.

I for one am fucking tired of the constant nerfing of dangerous things. It reminds me of the despicable culture of safety legislation that pervades the western world and has ruined every dangerous sport from the last century.
Mime: Depresso
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #133336

Hey, do you guys recall the many times when you got a little Windex on the floor and you fell on your face when you stepped on it?

Me neither.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #133339

You use windex as lube?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133341

Luke Cox wrote:Hey, do you guys recall the many times when you got a little Windex on the floor and you fell on your face when you stepped on it?

Me neither.
Muh realism!
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #133345

ShadowDimentio wrote:Stop trying to nerf slips you assblasted cucks
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #133356

Luke Cox wrote:Hey, do you guys recall the many times when you got a little Windex on the floor and you fell on your face when you stepped on it?

Me neither.
Hey guys do you remember the many times you were going to have sex with someone and were using lube, then spilled it on the ground and DIDN'T slip on it?
Me neither
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133362

A more sane solution would be to have the dry time twice of how much reagent is on the ground.
10u and 5,000u drying in 10 seconds is kinda dumb.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #133367

The simpler solution would be to just make spray bottles spray fewer reagents and/or hold fewer.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Helios

Post by Helios » #133374

MisterPerson wrote:The simpler solution would be to just make spray bottles spray fewer reagents and/or hold fewer.
Holding fewer just nerfs botany though. Which isn't doing great. And why would you even nerf this.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133375

I think most of the people here are missing the point about why water slips got nerfed.

It's less than 1/10 of an inch of water, literally less than your fucking fingernail as far as thickness, and it somehow made fully grown people fly head over heels onto the ground and stun them for only one second less than literal electricity from a taser. That is retarded.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133385

ShadowDimentio wrote:Muh realism!
ShadowDimentio wrote:Stop trying to nerf slips you assblasted cucks
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #133393

Zilenan91 wrote:I think most of the people here are missing the point about why water slips got nerfed.

It's less than 1/10 of an inch of water, literally less than your fucking fingernail as far as thickness, and it somehow made fully grown people fly head over heels onto the ground and stun them for only one second less than literal electricity from a taser. That is retarded.
If you want to take the realism point of view, mop a vinyl or smooth metal floor, then try run over it.
You will fall, you will most likely smack your head, and you will be flat on your ass.

Spray bottles are dumb with how much capacity they have though.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133395

Zilenan91 wrote:It's less than 1/10 of an inch of water, literally less than your fucking fingernail as far as thickness, and it somehow made fully grown people fly head over heels onto the ground and stun them for only one second less than literal electricity from a taser. That is retarded.
I take it you've never actually worked a day where floors had to be mopped daily on hard tile.
Also 1/10th of an inch is less than the thickness of your fingernail? Are you fucking Shrek?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133396

lumipharon wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:I think most of the people here are missing the point about why water slips got nerfed.

If you want to take the realism point of view, mop a vinyl or smooth metal floor, then try run over it.
You will fall, you will most likely smack your head, and you will be flat on your ass.

Spray bottles are dumb with how much capacity they have though.

I'm not saying that running over a floor full of water is a good idea, I'm just saying that if you're a high functioning human being you're only gonna be down for 1 or 2 seconds.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133398

Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133400

Try it. I have slipped on wet kitchen floors and I have seen other people do it. It's a serious fucking hazard dude, you really have no idea.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133401

I've worked in kitchens before, and unless you have a really really really hard fall you're gonna be up in about two seconds.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133403

I can confirm. There's a dog water cooler on the floor on the way between my computer and the kitchen, and the floor's always wet. I've slipped on it several times, and even the time I caught myself by putting my hand behind my back and catching myself before I hit the ground (fucking agile as fuck yo) it still took me like 10 seconds to get up.

BUT REGARDLESS
Who the fuck cares what the "MUH REALISM" choice is. This is 2d motherfucking spacemen. If I wanted PREMIER ULTRA REALISTIC GAMEPLAY I'd go play CoD and promptly kill myself

Now stop banging that barrel. You're making yourself look like an idiot.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133406

I don't care at all about realism, I care that Amelius is murderboning every single round and everyone is tired of him using the same exact thing to do it. It's frankly toxic, and the only way to stop him without literally banning him (which would be shit) is nerfing slips.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133408

Yeah, I am frankly assblasted, because eventually I get tired of having to deal with water in maint that is literally uncounterable without literally destroying the floor the water is on. Tiles don't work, because for some arcane reason putting a tile on top of maint flooring makes the water go on top of the damn thing, and the entire time I'm dealing with stun land mines Amelius just yakkities away in a chase sequence that's more retarded than a wizard who went 5 blink.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Helios

Post by Helios » #133409

Working in a kitchen with tile floors, non slip shoes are mandatory or you'd slip.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133412

and if amelius, or any other mlgpr0360nosc0per murderboner we've had down the years goes to the next best thing to murderbone?
Are you going to nerf that?
The the next?

Also if you're chasing a traitor blindly into maint on your own you deserve to die.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #133413

If the only thing you have left to say is "Kill yourself", don't say anything at all.

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133414

Except I'm not going on my own, I'm going with literally the entire sec team. By the time Amelius has gotten the entire sec teams attention she's robusted at least one officer and has a full set of tools. THAT IS HOW FORMULAIC THIS SHIT IS I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

She slips and kills an officer, she now has a taser
She sits down a hallway and to the side so she can't be hit
She puts water everywhere
You cannot advance on her without her tossing stacks of metal rods or other shit at you to give you constant knockback you can't resist without running, which on water stuns you.

She does the exact same thing every single round and it's fucking awful. Slips are the enabler of this, so that's why I want them nerfed, just to remove the goddamn stagnance. It is very very hard to explain just how bad it is without you experiencing it frequently.
Last edited by Zilenan91 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133415

MisterPerson wrote:If the only thing you have left to say is "Kill yourself", don't say anything at all.
?????

I literally didn't say anything like that at all but okay Mr. Bannu you can think what you want
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133417

X person murderboning
murderboning enabled by slips
Are slips an issue when you're using a bucket?
No
Are slips an issue when using a beaker?
No
Are slips anissue when using a mop?
No(fuck janitors without signs, but its hardly a murderboner tool)
Are slips an issue when using a spray bottle?
Yes
Why do spray bottles make it so abusable?
Because they can wet 50 or 20 tiles per refill

So tell me again why you're nerfing slips?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #133420

Because water is so easily available? You can get an unlimited amount of it from every sink on the station. It truly wouldn't matter if she was using buckets for all of this, all she'd have to do is keep refilling them after every use. Same with beakers, she could fill every one of them and stash them in her bag. Mops take time and are mostly used for cleaning, would not be as strong but still useful.

It's a four second stun that requires no preparation, merely a container ranging from an empty cup of cup ramen to a bucket, to a spray bottle.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133445

literally this is just nerfing part of the game cuz one player abuses it

this is dante smith getting cloakers removed levels of meme
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #133451

PLUMBERS WHEN?
The future is horrible!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133468

And all you dummies saying its not realistic to slip walking over a small puddle of water on a smooth metal tile floor need to check their fucking hud and notice what the speed indicator says.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #133497

Helios wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:The simpler solution would be to just make spray bottles spray fewer reagents and/or hold fewer.
Holding fewer just nerfs botany though. Which isn't doing great. And why would you even nerf this.
None of the spray bottles in botany are relevant in the amount of liquids they hold. Using plant killer is just way worse than deconstructing and reconstructing the trays (which you only need a screwdriver and a crowbar for) and I don't think I've ever sprayed pest spray more than like twice a round.

Also botany can grow eswords/lube/max cap grenades/fucking kudzu, I don't know why you think it's in such a bad place.
Helios

Post by Helios » #133500

because nobody plays it
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #133534

Zilenan91 wrote:Because water is so easily available? You can get an unlimited amount of it from every sink on the station. It truly wouldn't matter if she was using buckets for all of this, all she'd have to do is keep refilling them after every use. Same with beakers, she could fill every one of them and stash them in her bag. Mops take time and are mostly used for cleaning, would not be as strong but still useful.

It's a four second stun that requires no preparation, merely a container ranging from an empty cup of cup ramen to a bucket, to a spray bottle.
If you seriously think that someone running around with a bucket, making tiles wet one at a time between refills is on the same level as running around wetting 50 tiles at a time, then uh, yeah.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #133535

I just want hydro to be really good at making poison food. Instead of chemisty being the mother of all toxins. Having a guy growing killer mushrooms in the back should mean something.

Also slips rule apply thing that makes lost pls nerfers i lost pls nerf to them until they toughen up.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:And all you dummies saying its not realistic to slip walking over a small puddle of water on a smooth metal tile floor need to check their fucking hud and notice what the speed indicator says.
Hell some surfaces are slippery enough you can't stand on them without being extremely slow. Algae growing on things like rocks on beaches or smooth concrete comes to mind and that's just natural shit.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #133538

If water slips go back to their old form make taser shots last longer. Water shouldn't be nearly as viable as a taser.

Of course, I don't know WHY you'd want water in its old form. You can still murder people you slip easily, just not whole groups of people anymore.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #133541

I mop up the hard tiles at my workplace and even a little water is pretty slippery walking on it let alone running
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #133542

Realism from a regular person's perspective is fine but you people are forgetting were talking about SPACEMEN here. They're practically superhuman compared to a regular person so I dunno if the comparisons work very well.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #133551

MMMiracles wrote:Realism from a regular person's perspective is fine but you people are forgetting were talking about SPACEMEN here. They're practically superhuman compared to a regular person so I dunno if the comparisons work very well.
did you just go from "it's unrealistic because you don't slip in real life and therefore we should remove it" to "it's unrealistic because spacemen don't slip in a video game" ???????
?????????
???????????
"it's unrealistic because it doesn't apply to something else that's also not real"
?????????????????????????
???????????????????????????
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #133553

Nobody gives half a shit about realism anyway. The only relevant argument has been and remains the gameplay effect of allowing this vs the possible detriments of disallowing it.

Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133554

invisty wrote:This is not call of duty where everything is perfectly, symmetrically balanced. Harden the fuck up, and accept that people have the means to fuck you up.

I for one am fucking tired of the constant nerfing of dangerous things. It reminds me of the despicable culture of safety legislation that pervades the western world and has ruined every dangerous sport from the last century.
MisterPerson wrote:Nobody gives half a shit about realism anyway. The only relevant argument has been and remains the gameplay effect of allowing this vs the possible detriments of a disallowing it.

QFT
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #133564

PKPenguin321 wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:Realism from a regular person's perspective is fine but you people are forgetting were talking about SPACEMEN here. They're practically superhuman compared to a regular person so I dunno if the comparisons work very well.
did you just go from "it's unrealistic because you don't slip in real life and therefore we should remove it" to "it's unrealistic because spacemen don't slip in a video game" ???????
?????????
???????????
"it's unrealistic because it doesn't apply to something else that's also not real"
?????????????????????????
???????????????????????????
what are you even talking abouuut

i don't give a shit about the 'its not realistic!!/its realistic!' argument because its fucking dumb for that exact reason. its unbalanced as fuck compared to other slips and literally nothing can change my mind on that.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.