Paradox Grand Strat meets Sci-Fi 4X; Boners Explode

Talk about video games here
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Paradox Grand Strat meets Sci-Fi 4X; Boners Explode

Post by Ricotez » #180388

Bottom post of the previous page:

I really really really think they should've released it under Early Access. I mean, it's Paradox Interactive, we're used to it, and we know from past experience that they will fix everything eventually and it'll become a truly great game, but they could at least admit that the first month of the game is essentially a large scale bug test.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #180439

Fistofbrick
Byond Username: Fistofbrick

Post by Fistofbrick » #180457

So the AI Uprising is fairly underwhelming.

>Rebellion happens
>Get told I'm next in line for death
>2k fleet and 7k fleet appear at one of my edge colonies that's still being set up
>Nuke it off the map, my assault fleet finally finishes upgrading and goes to slap their shit
>No new attacks for a while
>My robot pops uprise
>"OH SHI- Wait what"
>Grand total of 3 pops rise up, immediately get their shit slapped by my organics because Resilient
>This happens
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #180459

Fanatic Xenophobe
* Rivalries now provide 50% more Influence

Xenophobe
* Rivalries now provide 25% more Influence
That's a nice buff
Fanatic Individualist
* Pops are now more unhappy in collectivist empires
* No longer have increased ethics divergence

Individualist
* Pops are now more unhappy in collectivist empires
* No longer have increased ethics divergence
That's a nice buff
Fanatic Pacifist
* Pops are now more unhappy in militarist empires
* No longer increases Food output, but rather reduces growth needed for a new Pop by 30%

Pacifist
* No longer increases Food output, but rather reduces growth needed for a new Pop by 15%
1463951985171.jpg
1463951985171.jpg (38.64 KiB) Viewed 13908 times
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180460

That's a big patch.

Every one of the balance changes sound good to me, especially the changes to ethos. There's an actual reason to take Xenophobe now. Not sure if it's enough.

>Military maintenance cost was supposed to be -25% discount instead of +75% extra.

Well that explains why each of my stations cost me 20 energy per month.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180481

An0n3 wrote:
Fanatic Pacifist
* No longer increases Food output, but rather reduces growth needed for a new Pop by 30%

Pacifist
* No longer increases Food output, but rather reduces growth needed for a new Pop by 15%
the yiff collective spreads even faster now?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180538

>Uplift a pre-sentient mammalian race of hairy primates
>They become humans

Neat
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #180562

Ricotez wrote:the yiff collective spreads even faster now?
...and gets more embassies
...and cheaper alliances

They just got handed more of the things they leverage to win games. It's like P-dox wants to take the knot.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180567

Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180583

Kek, people are saying that the patch does indeed make the AI fight against AI insurrections.... but that also includes the insurrecting AI, who purges their own pops.

This is the kind of bug I'd expect to come out of coderbus.

http://imgur.com/a/S4nvh
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #180584

multi-lane drifting?!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #180585

We're all beta aliens now.

I still think militarist is amazing after losing the rivalry shiz.

Still acts like its own spiritualist scale in war, innate troop bonus, unique building gives you even more happiness and troop bonuses. The entire scale probably has the biggest number of techs under postitive modifier to pop up and they are all shit that militarists want like every weapon in the game and the best troops. All their governments are economically amazing for a war machine too.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #180634

I think they broke ethics divergence massively, pops seem to just randomly gain and lose ethics
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180635

Are you sure? It seems to me that people are just finding divergence to be a lot more sensitive than they had anticipated.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #180637

Also here's how the math for the research changes go, every planet gives +10% rather than +0% research required for tech and pops now give +1% rather than +2%

In the end this makes it so that big empires are now able to research MUCH easier so long as all their planets have more than 10 tiles/pops on them which is relatively easy to do, so expanding is actually a good thing if you want to tech up.

Edit : Though this also means that you want to grow your planets immediately and heavily nerfs rapid colonization since it means your research will be nuked. Will cause colonization to be much less appealing and make it so that tall empires are something you should do rather than wide.\

I only hope they make space mining stations actually worth a damn past the early game.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #180642

Also can I say how good a reference the Ministry of Benevolence is? Because it's fucking great with how I play collectivists.

Edit: Also I'm gonna write the FUCK out of my Grizznar lore.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #180644

Seems more like a research nerf to me.

Now colonizing tiny planets fucks you up a lot more than it used to. Take the example of a 12 tile planet.

When first colonized it now gives you an instant +11% research hike. (planet + first pop)
Previously it would've only been 2% to start. (first pop)

Over time as it grows to max capacity you wind up with +22% hike in the new system (planet + 12 pops)
Previously it would've been +24% (12 pops)

The two +X% graphs intersect at 10 pops, so until the planet has grown to 10 pops the new system is screwing you over, then after 10 pops you're better off than before.

This is further compounded by the scarcity of research plots on most planets, since in the new system the planet itself is a lot more important when it comes to your research. You will discover planets and look at them and see that, unless you just ignore tile bonuses and redevelop, it will always be a net research loss to colonize. Previously it was just based on pops, so you didn't have these dead weight planets. The burden of your research increases was empire-wide. I think this gives players an incentive to ignore more colonizable planets, especially smaller ones, and makes research costs a weird staircase of stepped-increases rather than a gradually curve towards higher expenses as your empire's pop grows.
Zilenan91 wrote:I only hope they make space mining stations actually worth a damn past the early game.
Space mining stations are always good unless they're 1's. One-time 90 minerals and one energy maintenance for 2+ minerals a month is a solid trade. If you roll a leader that gives you one of the discounts to that cost (brings it down to like 67 or something) you slam stations on EVERYTHING. Compare that to what you have to spend improving planets, feeding pops, keeping pops happy, etc. Some of the building upgrades are actually pretty shit and should only be done when you're swimming in minerals and don't have time to spend them all as they come in. Improving a mining facility on a planet to produce one more mineral a month at a cost of 90 resources is a garbage trade. On the plus side it has the protection of the planet that it's on, while a mining outpost can just get bombed easily during a war. On the down-side the mining outpost will never complain about ethics divergence or have some other random event happens that causes it to shutdown for a bit.

During defensive wars I've noticed that typically my outposts are SAFER than my planets because nobody sieges or bothers to stop and destroy all my outposts, but they always go right for the core systems and as soon as the bombs start dropping all that production gets shut off

tl;dr mining outposts are fucking great what are you smoking?
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #180646

12 pop planets are really shitty though and you don't want to colonize them. I never did in the first place since it was never worth the effort of sectoring that shit later to make way for better core planets. So for me this is really just a buff to my playstyle.

So yeah this really incentivizes tall empires with very well upgraded infrastructure.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #180648

You eventually want to colonize the shit out of everything. Even a 12 pop planet can produce a lot of valuable resources for your empire. I've taken barren little 8 pop rocks and turned them into massed research planets with a single farm and the capital supporting all the pops. Throw an observatory on the spaceport overhead and kick back. Even just six tiles and no bonuses can crank out 33 total research points (before empire mods) with level 3 facilities installed. Previously that was at a research increase of only +16%. Not so much worse now, only costs you +18%

Considering you start the game with only a total of 15, I think a research unit increase of +200% at an increase cost of only +18% is pretty fuckin' good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180676

Remember that this is a beta. Things might still change before the patch comes out proper.
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180708

>But it's just a beta guys

I think the only changes we can expect by the time it gets out of beta are hotfixes like the one to suicidal machine consciousnesses and spaceport notification spam. Any further changes will have to wait until the next content patch

I think given their record thus far I probably won't be opting into any betas, seeing how I like to run Ironman mode and I'd hate for some fatal bug to fuck everything up. I mean, it still can regardless, but the most flagrant ones can be fixed before they're out.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #180746

Paradox added Fanatical Befrienders to the base game, they only show up if you have the Blorg mod or a Blorg knockoff

I also started up a new game as the Grizznar today after writing some shiny new lore for them. It's been going good so far, I'm running a hyperlane only game and I have this huge empty section of the galaxy all to myself. Some of my accomplishments so far is wiping out an entire race of primitives to the south of my empire who were in the early space age and leaving their buildings behind to eventually crumble to dust as the last and only memories of their species. I renamed their now-empty planet to The Example. I also invaded another primitive species to my north in the vacant section from earlier, they were fanatic collectivists so I just invaded them, enacted policies to get them to my ethics, and then once one of them diverged to my ethics I purged the majority of the race and only let the ones who thought the correct way live. Once a few new generations of them grew up I purged the oldest ones who could still remember my armies invading their worlds as drones filled the skies and the bodies of their soldiers clogged the streets. What's fucking sweet about them is that they're venerable and Strong, so their armies will do ridiculous damage and their leaders will last into the 200+ years, they have no genetic downsides. I plan on eventually replacing all my armies with theirs but I've had better uses for my minerals. I also colonized a gaia planet really early on that was unknowingly right outside the border of a Fallen Empire but it's honestly not a very good planet, and in the last two years I've colonized the two arid planets near my homeworld, one of which gets a bonus to minerals, and the other of which was size 25 so that was fucking sweet. The other AI nations are horrified by my genocide but fuck them I got destroyers, my tech is insane and niggas ain't got shit. I'll probably kill their entire species later.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #180750

I'm curious what a proper lorefag RP game would look like between /tg/ players, for a change.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #180759

>arrpee

btw is it normal that if I'm collectivist and enslave every food/mineral pop on my homeplanet at the beginning, I get a whopping -33% happiness on non-slaves and only -7% on slaves?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #180770

Well if you want arpee you need a theme first so I don't show up as my race of larval babymen who can lift a ton.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #180772

If you wanted a more RP oriented game you would have a easier time basing it off of a already existing medium/show/whatever.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #180843

As expected, a patch for the patch has been released for the beta

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... t-21273855
- Fixed a bug where assigning ethics to newly generated pops would cause incorrect ethics divergence.
- Custom ruler and heir titles will now be properly saved and loaded.
- Fixed armies being stuck on planets
- Planets recaptured from the AI empire will no longer randomly become Tundra worlds
- Fixed the AI empire having highly self-destructive ideas about AI legality
- Colonizeable tooltip in galaxy map lists reason for unable to colonize in delayed
Lots of people are reporting crashes with this new beta, so I would advise Opting out of the beta for now. Expect a patch for the patch's patch soon.

I honestly thought the rogue AI turning planets into Tundras were a feature, as they had ruined the planet by abusing it and it's resources. It actually fit pretty well with a random event I had earleir where I ended up turning on a bunch of rogue robots that forcefully terraformed one of my colonies after killing everyone. You know what, they probably shared the same code. It made for some pretty cool forshadowing, though.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #180852

The scourge tuns occupied planets into lifeless barren husks, so I thought the tundra thing was a feature too
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180858

An RP game would be breddy cuul. I have some science based xenophile bug people who are all about gettin dat sweet xenotech, would probably run them.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181500

The game is broken but funny in a lot of really cool ways. You can't see military power on fleets that aren't your own currently, it just shows the display code for military power so it was pretty scary during a war I had with the Gorf a few years ago. I fought one of their fleets who had slightly less numbers than mine did so I wasn't sure who would come out on top, I ended up taking minimal losses and completely destroying theirs. On my Grizznar save I got stomped by a Military Isolationist FE for my borders getting too big and then I got picked apart by the other AI, so I rolled around as some Orassians who were the same in every way outside of being foxes and having decadent rather than solitary. I've also learned that decadent is overpowered since you'll always have slaves to get extra minerals and food so the -10% production it gives to you when you don't have them is never a thing and it's literally just free trait points.

Really early on I discovered a really promising race of bug people named the Crixulax who had some of the same ethics and traits I did, and after conquering them I had them around on a planet for what must've been 30 or 40 years with like 30% negative ethics divergence to get them to believe in my ethics. Nothing ever happened so I purged them. I found it pretty ironic that just after I purged them, there was a 1 progress growing pop of them with my ethics. Ended up having to purge the growing pop since it would never grow past that. Oh well, it's Orassian land now, and a very good mineral system at that too.

Even later than that some northerly neighbours got aggressive on me and declared war, they crushed my fleet and killed my admiral, but I'd done enough damage to make it so they couldn't take down my space stations without massive losses. Ended up rebuilding my early game corvette armada, hiring a new admiral with the aggressive trait (+10% fire rate), crushing their fleet, blowing up a bunch of their mining and space stations, then suing for white peace. I could've sued for white peace without blowing up their mining stations but I wanted to neuter their resource gain. 10 years of technological advancement later I had a much better and more numerous military than they did so I utterly crushed them and exterminated their entire race because they had diverged to be utterly opposed to me ethically and nothing I would've done would've changed their ethics. I also grabbed the Betharian stone they had in their territory and it's a nice little reactor on my capitol. I like to think the ghosts of trillions of dead pacifists haunt its turbines.

Something that happened very recently was me taking off the Hisshi squid people to the East. They'd attempted to ally with the Gorf Confederay, another squid empire to the northeast and south of them but I smashed both of their fleets at once and took over the Hisshi, they're a productive sector in my empire now after I purged one of their horrendously shitty colonies, and I hope to release them all from slavery once they've forgotten my drones and armies of slaves clogging the streets with corpses and scrap. I also greatly enjoyed how their two main planets had two Betharian stone deposits in them, which was what caused me to invade them in the first place. My capital is like a museum for Betharian stone, I have 6 Betharian power plants on it and it's producing 100+ energy credits a month. I like to think my race considers Betharian Stone as a sign of class or worships it, since we've killed trillions in order to obtain it, and the capitol is practically swimming in the stuff. Come to think of it the Gorf had some nice Betharian deposits within their space...

In the future I hope to continue advancing my technology and to continue subjugating races, however the AI appears to have created a 4 empire strong Federation to oppose me, which will be problematic since that's a lot of ships to deal with. It will be no matter though, because soon I will have battleships, and my cruisers (which never got a default module created for some reason) have just entered into production, so my fleets will balloon with strength in order to crush my enemies and ensure Orassian dominance.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181504

Also I know this will never happen, but if Stellaris could do the Master of Orion thing and make there be a galactic news station that comments on what happens in the game that would be so fucking cool. Even if it was just a text blurb scrolling across part of the screen, it would be amazing. During my battles with the Gorf Confederacy I could imagine Orassian news stations playing clips of the carnage of our armadas clashing in space, or my armies of slaves invading Hisshi worlds as glorious conquests with invitations for common Orassians to enlist in the military to fight the good fight for their empire. In my mind it was like those journalists who flew to Iraq when the US invaded it and this was that but in space.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181529

Oh also Paradox changed how evasion and accuracy works in Clarke. For every point of evasion you have, that's minus points on your accuracy. So if you have a weapon that has 80% accuracy and you have 25% evasion you'll only hit 55% of the time, it's accuracy - evasion now. Corvettes officially dumpstered.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #181550

The way accuracy used to work was glitched and everything had 100% accuracy once they upgraded their sensors. Its why large mount ballistics seemed decent in my tests.

I think current consensus is (accuracy-evasion)/accuracy is the formula. So military stations got even worse I guess.

The other half of the equation crystal forged plate is still untouched and counters to the other defenses are adamant tough. So basically hope you start near some pulsars. Oh also shields don't regen in combat without capacitors despite stats saying they do, oh also one of the dreadnought modules makes top tier shields get a 25% health penalty meaning they have less health than potentially early game plate. Don't worry though the pro shields module boosts regen, which you need to sacrifice another slot to capacitors to get working oh and more generators too. Paradox math.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #181591

Yeah, I think I stated it before but fantatic collectivists should always take decadent for a free trait point.
At the start of your game just immediately enslave on of your random homeworld pops.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #181628

Too bad the -10% penalty is on every resource, even those that are negatively affected by slavery like energy and research
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181630

No, don't enslave all.

You can still work it with decadent anyway. Enslave only your people working both on food and minerals, everyone else is free else you take huge penalties to your resources.

It's alot more than 10% I'm pretty sure for slaving pops working on energy and research, so dont do that shit.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181644

Yeah just enslave the dude on your administration building. Slavery gives bonuses to food and minerals, so just always enslave the guys working those for ez +20% start of the game mineral income. Decadent is also insane because it's supposed to be a downside but if you're a fanatic collectivist you always have slaves and it's literally a free trait point.

Running slavery without having fanatic collectivism, or normal collectivism and divine mandate, is a terrible idea by the way. You take a -7% happiness hit to all of your pops and if you ever emancipate a pop they take an even huger happiness hit which might cause rebellions.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #181686

Depending on your setup you can start with over 100 happiness pretty easily at which case slavery becomes attractive.

Its also good if it won't knock you down a category, or to bootstrap colonies and eat the unhappiness penalty after you get the pops out.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181708

Ho fuck Image
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181710

whalecum to ring worlds
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181742

I killed all the shit there after losing most of that one fleet and sending in another with battleships. After that I invaded one of the planets with native people who had the same ethics as mine, and avoided invading the other three due to the nearby federation being quite cross with me.

Also I've decided to stop playing on that save since things just aren't fun anymore. The only thing left in the game is smashing my head into the brick wall known as a Federation, going to my west and smashing into another empire, then after that a fucking massive empire that I really don't want to mess with, and from there keep doing that until I win.

I don't want to do that though, that's boring, so it's done.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #181778

Lategame now, aggressive expansionism to vassalize the entire galaxy with my now Fallen Empire-equivalent empire.

But then the Patriarch keeled over at the relatively tender age of 160 (They usually live past 180) and an election was called with 21 eligible leaders.

Seems suspicious.

Also the game keeps eating my armies. When peace is called while your armies are still on an enemy planet that wasn't ceded to you or vassalized, they're stuck on the planet. Seemingly forever, although I don't know if landing on it in the future will let you recover them. Lost 16 Gene warriors on Ultia's shelter. Same thing happened on Graftch. You can see them on my outliner; I just can't do anything with them.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181797

Can't you delete them from your outliner? Also use clones, they're way more cost-effective than gene warriors who cost a shitton.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #181817

>Occupy enemy planets marked for liberation
>Machine consciousness rebels in all the occupied planets
>War ends prematurely because all my war demands are now invalid

This is not the liberation I was talking about.
Zilenan91 wrote:Can't you delete them from your outliner? Also use clones, they're way more cost-effective than gene warriors who cost a shitton.
How do you delete things from your outliner?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181837

Select them in the outliner and delete your armies on the planet
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #181847

Zilenan91 wrote:Select them in the outliner and delete your armies on the planet
This is all I get

The planet invasion alert is also bugged out and never pops out for me except when I load a saved game. It tells me the armies that are actually missing are involved in some permanent combat. Even if I do invade and occupy the planet again, they don't show up. Only thing I haven't tried is colonizing them.

My armies on Graftch actually went missing after I purged all the pops on the planet while they were still on it.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181849

Oh yeah I've seen this bug before. You gotta colonize it and then you can put them in space. Had it happen to my clone armies on Ixxar V as we were fighting the Gorf.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #181925

I conquered a whole empire consisting of three planets and got three factions as a result. Fucking sucks, usually I just get one faction out of the deal. Funny thing is, as soon as I conquered them one of their race was elected consul.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #181929

Yeah that's why I like collectivism. You can enslave them and they won't ever revolt.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182005

Fanatic Materialist + Intelligent + Natural Engineers = +35% output on the tech that contains all your weapons and armor.

Something to think about if you want to CRUSH KILL DESTROY the universe.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182007

Factions aren't a huge deal if you know what you are doing, they are a very short term problem that only becomes dangerous if you mismanage influence or have no way to boost happiness.