2k16 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: 2k16 /pol/

Post by XSI » #217552

Bottom post of the previous page:

Generally, this sidestepping happens through disenfranchisement of the voting population ("It doesn't matter what I vote, they'll do the worst shit anyway" -And then doesn't vote), ignorance of policians (Businesses lobbying telling them about how their science department found that drilling for oil is not harmful to the environment and smoking is healthy, gib subsidy plx. While the regular people only rarely talk to their politician), or flat out fraud making it so the votes don't matter (Gerrymandering, crooked or poorly secured election machines, a few people counting mail-in votes making up some more votes for their prefered candidates, etc), or even something as simple as the media blacklisting a potential candidate to stop their message from getting out, or a politician being blackmailed with photos of him doing something really bad.

There are a lot of ways for democracy to go very wrong, but at the very least politicians tend to be more accountable than the king who ruled by 'divine right' in medieval times
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #217618

Sure, and most of those issues are legitimate in at least a few cases. Some of them are extremely widespread. But I think they can be solved with reform; I don't think we're at an impasse that requires burning everything down and starting over.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217634

You're an idiot if you think democracy has failed and we need a new system. Hell the voting system works pretty damn well, it's just in the US the canddates aren't very good this year-- no offense Trump.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217638

I'M DISSATISFIED SO THE ENTIRE SYSTEM SHOULD CHANGE TO SUIT ME
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #217660

They burnt our women, raped our crops and trampled our churches!
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #217681

What did he mean by this?
Bring back papercult.

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #217682

that now the gloves are off
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #217690

That even with everyone treating him with the kid gloves in every debate he still thinks he's somehow at a disadvantage. He's a narcissistic tool.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #217697

aranamor wrote:That even with everyone treating him with the kid gloves in every debate he still thinks he's somehow at a disadvantage. He's a narcissistic tool.
Spotted the hillshill.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217700

The two people hosting the second debate were super on Shillary's side, he was right in saying at one point it was 3V1
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #217707

>not voting vermin supreme

when I get my free pony I'll be laughing at all of you
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #217711

> thinking trump is a dumbass means you are a Hillary shill

They are both equally awful and being so incredibly defensive makes your camp seem like a bunch of retards. Also i think the grab em by the pussy debacle is going to hurt him with swing voters more than you are willing to admit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #217718

[youtube]nxaLOsqTIQw[/youtube]
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

XSI

Post by XSI » #217724

Well hey
That shit works

Over here the current prime minister litterally said he'd give everyone in the country 1000 euro if he was elected.
Idiots fell for it, they never got their 1000 bux

Also, amusement.
https://puu.sh/rF6Ev.webm
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #217868

Another top notch, totally unbiased report on Hillary bashing from the BBC

Edit: Also... clowns
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37604715

Anyone live in Tucson, Arizona?
You need to go to the clown rally this Saturday and grab some pictures.
Bonus points if you do so dressed either as the mime or wearing a red jumpsuit.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #217875

; HELP CLOWN COVERED IN BLOOD IN SOUTH SCI MAINT KILLING ME
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218216

Two chicks came out of nowhere claiming Trump fondled them roughly a century ago and only just now came forward at such a convenient time because of "moral obligations".

Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #218224

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218245

Rape never happens because I say so
Powerful men never keep their victims quiet ever
I like blaming victims while excusing the actions of abusers
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218253

If they had some evidence I'd change my tune but the timing seems to be just a hair convenient.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #218256

Amusingly, there was a post on /pol/ about the DNC (One guy claiming to work there) going to make up fake rapes to try to stop Trump

About a week ago.
Guess that may have been legit
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #218266

>trump
>stop
You mean "further increase his reverse speed", don't you.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #218268

make skyrim great again
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218272

why couldn't you kill Ulfric and replace him with the princess of solitude, or the cool bear guy?
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #218273

Skyrim is a province of the Empire of Tamriel.
It's already as great as it can be.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #218292

CosmicScientist wrote:Why couldn't you do a Fallout New Vegas and become the leader yourself? Even the lore supports this.
because new vegas was written by obsidian and skyrim was written by bethesda
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218322

[youtube]dtRj6x1jHuU[/youtube]
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #218370

It's treason then
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #218382

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218383

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE TRUMP OR HILLARY BUT IT WAS REALLY ME-- JEB!!
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218393

WRYYYYYYY
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

XSI

Post by XSI » #218394

So what happens if a third party candidate gets enough votes to make it impossible for all sides to get above 270?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218395

If there's nobody with 270 votes, they run the vote again with the top two from the tie I think.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #218403

The powers that be will never let that happen.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
XSI

Post by XSI » #218424

So its just delaying the inevitable
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #218440

>Trump has bad foreign policy

You have to be absolutely fucked to think that. Hillary wants to push against Russia. Trump wants to stay the hell out of it. He also wants to enforce immigration laws, vet those coming into the country, rework/get rid of NAFTA/TPP/all the trade deals other countries get. Yet he breaks off from the right on healthcare and wants to make it so people who can't afford it can still get it. Trump is the very definition of a human candidate. He has his flaws but he knows what the common man wants.

It's also funny how people scream "WELL HE TALKED DIRTY ABOUT WOMEN!" and they all turn out to be tumblr tier people. Even when you point out the Shelton case and Bill's and Hill's harassment of Bill's victims, the massive list of people they've offed, and a ton of other shit, they say "WELL TRUMP IS IMMORAL I'M VOTING MORALLY!". What's moral about voting for Hillary with what I said before? Trump is the far better choice.

People give /pol/ a lot of crap and rightfully so, it's full of cancer. However, some people on there are seriously dedicated and have pieced together a ton of information on Clinton's activities.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #218446

fuck trump, fuck hillary

Ken Bone for pres 2016
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #218449

oranges wrote:fuck trump, fuck hillary

Ken Bone for pres 2016
Ken Bone wants to raise taxes to fund his crazy energy plan. I'm voting for Jake the Plumber. He's going to fix the government's leaky mess.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #218453

CosmicScientist wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:If there's nobody with 270 votes, they run the vote again with the top two from the tie I think.
We got a coalition here in the old world that obliterated the third party and ensured the bigger one's place. Has Murica ever had a "oalition before? Because if not, I imagine you'd probably go straight to a second vote, maybe not stopping voting for third parties because demooocracy. Now I'm sounding like that anti-AV video. Maybe you'd just have to suck it up without a majority. This is where FPTP falls down if the entire point is to get a majority gummerment.
Reminder that the nazi's didn't actually win an election but got in as a minor party to the german conservative party.

Good thing lib dems were a bunch of push overs.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #218461

Hitler was an anti-smoking vegetarian.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #218462

Hitler was a secret dog supremacist who sought to replace mankind with dogs.
Spoiler:
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218478

Where were you the day Pillz went insane
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #218489

On Basil with my ilggas.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218491

Okay you know what can I sign up as a nazi and get a cute revealing uniform so I can purge all the lizards in style
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #218493

Purge them of their reproductive fluids, probably.
We all know they're alien-fucking degenerates.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218497

NSFW:
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #218507

Even as a nazi, aran still craves attention
aranamor

Post by aranamor » #218515

pet me and give me recognition
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #218519

Why is Shadowdimentio making things up about the electoral college? Why are people speculating based on him confusing the /tg/ runoffs with real life?

The House (currently republican) gets to settle a tied election.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #218522

Clearly this is a sinister conspiracy on my part
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #218523

Don't flatter yourself, I'm not mistaking your ignorance for malice.