Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by PKPenguin321 » #225887

Bottom post of the previous page:

Mostly it's the maintainers who don't want it in there, since it makes it easy to get implants without the need for assistance in surgery. It is mainly in the game for nuke ops, since they already take ages to get out of their base, and there's no reason to hold them up further with doing 40 surgeries if they decide to buy cyberimplants
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #225890

PKPenguin321 wrote:Mostly it's the maintainers who don't want it in there, since it makes it easy to get implants without the need for assistance in surgery. It is mainly in the game for nuke ops, since they already take ages to get out of their base, and there's no reason to hold them up further with doing 40 surgeries if they decide to buy cyberimplants
Ahhh. Well thus the reason for endgame research required. But very duels noted. Probably going to drop it.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #225915

I'd raise engineering to 6, but even then there's a lot of opposition to self-implanting.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #225919

I'd put it at the highest possible tiers for researching, the ones that take the longest (including illegal). Autoimplanters are pretty darn powerful if you give yourself all of the following: Welding shield, X-ray, CNS Rebooter, Reviver, No-Drop,Nutrient Plus and all of the implanter implants (Adrenals/Freedoms etc.). If you give yourself a mindshield implant, you could make weapons with implant-locks on them so 3/4 of the crew couldn't use any weapons they managed to disarm off you (which would already be unlikely with No-Drops since they don't drop their weapons unless they want them to be dropped).

You'd basically be a huge pain in the ass to pin down.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #226067

Absolutely do not add Auto-implanters to Science. Cybernetic implants are meant to be installed with surgery. You are supposed to need help. Auto-implanters exist for Ops because other Ops tend to be stupid and/or lazy - implants were under-bought for this reason. Also, Ops never have a reason to distrust each other (other than incompetence), which is why forcing them to need surgery is pointless. Surgery exists mainly so that you require help from someone else to get a buff. This makes you very, very vulnerable. The guy doing your surgery can kill you in one click (at the point where you take heavy brute damage as part of the surgery).

I rarely agree with PKP withholding content from Science, but just this once, it is for a very good reason. The risk exists to justify the power of the implants.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #226297

Instead of an auto implanter, I have suggested an upgraded surgery table that can be loaded with the various implants, and then controlled by a second player. A few button clicks, and the implants are installed.

Not quite an auto implanter, but far quicker.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #226304

Screemonster wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Give the HONK a new attachment: an oversized, spring-loaded boxing glove which changes melee attacks into heavy knockback+stamina damage.
wrong thread
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #226529

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Instead of an auto implanter, I have suggested an upgraded surgery table that can be loaded with the various implants, and then controlled by a second player. A few button clicks, and the implants are installed.

Not quite an auto implanter, but far quicker.
Going off of this: How about being able to okay a PAI in to the machine or bother the AI to start performing the steps on you?
Biggest problem there is getting someone to actually roll PAI or having the AI not dead/questioning why you want so many combat plants.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #226539

Give cmo a one use autoimplater for whatever implant he want then just the medhud ce/rd have more tools then the cmo and its not fair
The future is horrible!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #226546

Honestly you could probably just give mediborgs a manipulator that's white-listed for organs and implants only and is considered to be a hand in surgery steps.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #226569

If they don't already make EMPs disable eswords. They drain energy weapons sop it'd make sense for them to fuck up eswords.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #226668

Colossus needs to drop loot chests along with the anomalous crystal.

Bubblegum needs to drop a corpse along with his loot chest.

Heirophant needs to drop his hat as well as his staff.

Legion needs to drop The Legion Soul, and allow the user to throw screaming legion skulls at people, like MM.

Ash Drakes should not be the number 1 Megafauna target, because they have the best loot, hands down out of the five megas.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #226681

I mean basically the staff of storms is thr best loot combined with whatever drake armour and make a storm in the shuttle and GG haijck
The future is horrible!
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #226682

Staff of Storms is useless to miners if they manage to kill one ash drake and have some sinew in their backpack, because one ash drake can turn into three suits of armor. It also drops a fireball wand and combustion spell, a sword that grows in power with spectators, a potion that can make you immune to lava, fire, or even turn you into an ash drake, or a staff that can turn lava into stone.

Bubblegum drops a pretty good sword, and two items that are "You'd better be a traitor if you plan to use these", and the Colossus drops a RNG crystal with powers ranging from "Pretty cool" to "Absolutely worthless", and Legion drops an item that is worthless if you killed an ash drake and geared up your squad.

The other Megas need to get their loot brought up to snuff with the Ash Drake, making them equally rewarding to hunt and kill, despite being honestly harder than the Ash Drake. Not that Ash Drake is easy, one ill timed lag spike and you can end up underneath a fireball.

Mind you, this is just run of the mill miners, not a traitor. Storm of Ash is great shit. Set one off in central hallway, and cackle.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #226688

>staff of storms is useless to miners
>a staff that can create a storm everywhere on the station
The future is horrible!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #226694

Ezel wrote:>staff of storms is useless to miners
>only antagonists can use
ok
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #226705

Make staff of storms a consumable item or re-endorse the weather machine behind the legion door for a on/off of dangerous storms on lavaland and that'd be MUCH better than making it literally a wizard ability

Spoiler:
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #226753

Examining a camera console should let you see whatever it is set to no matter what. Being a non-human/mob with no hands should just mean you cannot interact with the console, and thus change what camera it is seeing through, but otherwise can still glance/examine-action it and see whatever is being shown.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #226875

Ezel wrote:>staff of storms is useless to miners
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote: Mind you, this is just run of the mill miners, not a traitor. Storm of Ash is great shit. Set one off in central hallway, and cackle.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #226940

Xeno-Archaeologist Job

Does the job miners should do, but never do which is gather those fukken artifacts for R&D.
Its exactly what we need, the perfect way to solve useless miners and science not collaborating.
Miners can still help and still need to bring in ores so it doesn't remove their purpose, and they will be important to
protect the Archaeologist from danger. And the miners get to stay on their autism planet without being forced to search structures they would
TOTALLY (sarcsasm) never go into.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #226990

Make the experimentor upgrade artifacts in some way, with a mineral cost. If you want that wand of fireball upgraded into a technological fireball gun, gotta deliver minerals to RnD.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #227014

Allow Explorer suits to be purchased for a decent cost, so Mining can conscript and equip new miners.

Allow Ash Drake armor to be grafted onto Mining EVA suits, for fire proof, space proof hell suits.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #227026

You can buy mining starting kits now.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #227029

That's through Cargo. I mean straight out of the mining vendor.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #227036

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:That's through Cargo. I mean straight out of the mining vendor.
That'd defeat the point of it. You need minerals to get the points to buy another suit just to get more miners when instead you can ask the station for stuff, sell it off and buy mining packs as a 'emergency' supply if people die.

Spoiler:
D&B

Post by D&B » #227039

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:That's through Cargo. I mean straight out of the mining vendor.
I mean you don't even need a suit to mine so I don't see why you would want one so badly.

And if a miner ends up in a situation where they lose the suit they probably lost their Id with the points in it too.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #227561

Was surprised when I found out this isn't a thing already.
Make it possible to use universal recorders in assemblies, great for pranks!!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #227809

a buyable shuttle ATTACHMENT that puts a teleporter beacon on it, so you can teleport to the shuttle
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #227837

Let the captain/heads decide if those directly under them (RD->scientists, HoP->Cargo techs/chaplain/etc) can be liggers or not.

(Also just remove ligger sec in general tia)
lol
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #227876

I think you mean ligger only sec and place a terminal in the HoS's office that allows him to detonate their loyalty implants if they get out of line.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #227973

Mentioned it in the shitty idea thread but the ability to have leather & cloth made clothes (in seperate classes) accept respective materials to be repaired, so that ashwalkers & station crew can conduct maintenance when their favourite/vital clothes fall to shreds, with some exceptions for clothes from outside those two classes (real wizard/cult clothes and metal/plastic clothes etc)

Goliath leather is made from skinning goliath plates, and would be used for fixing miner shaft outfits & ashwalker gladiatior jumpsuits (because they are both for the idea, leather based), the goliath leather then on becomes a tribal object though any leather would have sufficed for the repairs.

Also the ability to make a poor quality fannypack pouch out goliath leather and a watcher ligament for binding to fit on the belt slot for some small storage, possibly even making a new slightly more buff tribal jumpsuit out of goliath leather with room for a small suit slot, to use spare scales that aren't going into boats.

Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #227980

Let us cut pies ffs
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #227981

Why Can I not wear a bandanna on my head? Or attach it to my arm.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #227982

I think you can cut pumpkin pies and probably blumpkin pies, but those are the only ones
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #227993

Reece wrote:Why Can I not wear a bandanna on my head? Or attach it to my arm.
Or wear it on your neck ready to pull up on your face .

Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #228037

You can wear a bandanna on your head. Use it in your hand, then put it in the hat slot.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #228091

Drynwyn wrote:
You can wear a bandanna on your head. Use it in your hand, then put it in the hat slot.
Just tried, doesn't work.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #228137

Reece wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
You can use the bandanas like the skull, security red, green, yellow, etc ones and activate it in hand, it'll change sprites. You can put it on your head, but it looks more like a du-rag opposed to a single band tied at the end. You might want to try hitting 'z' with it in hand if you're on hotkey mode, as that'll activate it.

It should change something like this Image to this Image
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #228139

Would be neat if we could implement quick clothing swap by clicking the bag icon with the clothing item in hand. Similar to what I've seen on Hippie. Makes switching jumpsuits a breeze.
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #228277

Okand37 wrote:
Reece wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
You can use the bandanas like the skull, security red, green, yellow, etc ones and activate it in hand, it'll change sprites. You can put it on your head, but it looks more like a du-rag opposed to a single band tied at the end. You might want to try hitting 'z' with it in hand if you're on hotkey mode, as that'll activate it.

It should change something like this Image to this Image
or Ctrl+Z, if you're not in hotkey mode and don't want to mess around pixelhunting.
私は完璧
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #228384

Remie Richards wrote:not in hotkey mode
what the fuck
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228394

hotkey mode is for unrobust degenerates
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #228407

When I was new (so a couple months back) and found my first Strange Objects, I wondered if this was what non-traitors saw while looking at syndicate gear.

Since then I've continued to feel like that might be a good idea for some tech like camera bugs- if my character isn't supposed to know what he's looking at, then the game shouldn't tell me. It could still give the proper name in the DA or when examined in another way that shows you the tech levels.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #228420

Well, the disguised syndicate gear is explicitly disguised as whatever items they have the sprite of, otherwise people would just learn the "alternative" names. Would be a neat feature for Bay or Polaris, but not so much for a server where non-antags are explicitly allowed to know everything about every object or creature they encounter.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #228421

PKPenguin321 wrote:hotkey mode is robust
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #228434

With this PR ssreligion the chaplain can directly convert heathen ghost roles like ashwalker by hitting them with his book/null rod/making them drink holy water to clear their objectives to kill the station and ghost role antag status by giving them a new text objective to respect the chaplain's will since they are a man of god.

So the chaplain can go out into the dangerous wilds where they might be killed to conduct missionary duties to switch over some tribals with a different religion variable so that they chill down or come to the station. OOOOOR alternatively looking at it slave a bunch of tribals to go screw up even more stuff onboard as a co-ooperative antag team.

Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #228449

As a miner I fully approve of recruiting the chaplain to blitz the ashwalker base and cleanse the wretched creatures of their servitude to the Necropolis. I quite like it when Ashwalkers and Mining make an alliance and eventual work towards making the Lavaland green again.

Allow the chaplain to directly cleanse the Ashwalker tendril, purifying it of it's corruption and making it some nice and happy place.

Also, this would give a use for the Holy Inquisitor Water outside of it's actual use.
D&B

Post by D&B » #228450

Dagdammit wrote:When I was new (so a couple months back) and found my first Strange Objects, I wondered if this was what non-traitors saw while looking at syndicate gear.

Since then I've continued to feel like that might be a good idea for some tech like camera bugs- if my character isn't supposed to know what he's looking at, then the game shouldn't tell me. It could still give the proper name in the DA or when examined in another way that shows you the tech levels.
Fuck that. Meta shields are cancer
Spoiler:
fuck you
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #228471

I treat the wiki as the NT training manual. Cobbled together by past experience, full of out dated information, and occasionally updated based off what various crew of NT have encountered.

Anything you can learn in there, you can justify your character knowing. There used to be books in the library that linked directly to the wiki pages for various guides to the game.

Now, how much of that you apply in game is up to you. Just because I have read the latest speed research formula doesn't mean my random assistant is going to know it right off the bat. Might know "If I get these things from mining, and these things from cargo, and that thing from here... I can make most of the cool stuff." That's good enough.

I can know what an energy sword, a .357 revolver, a camera bug is, because hey, NT knows about these assholes, they use this kind of stuff, if the crew knows "This stuff equals BAD GUY" they will use that knowledge to rid of various nefarious beings
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #228675

Yeah, anything under "obvious weapons"... actually, hang on.

Okay, I checked wiki and the syndicate items I'd be inclined to apply this to are like, a grand total of 4 or 5. Doesn't seem worth it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #228695

D&B wrote:
Dagdammit wrote:When I was new (so a couple months back) and found my first Strange Objects, I wondered if this was what non-traitors saw while looking at syndicate gear.

Fuck that. Meta shields are cancer
You're full of shit, but just this once you're right.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: