Addressing server to player concerns and questions.

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Addressing server to player concerns and questions.

Post by John_Oxford » #229738

So apparently bagil is the new high pop server.

Sybil now has 30-50
Bagil now has 70-100

I used to play on bagil back in 2014 when it was less cancerous and less cancerous people played on it and ran it.

Sybil still has the best memes and the preferred admins and players. But there's just not enough of them, i want to play highpop, not constant lowpop ebow esword cancers.

The real question is, has bagil became sybil in all respects, with the personality, player types, and admin types of everyone there being changed to being like how sybil once was? Or is it just furfags going "REEEEEE TO MANY PEOPLE HOW CAN I ERP NOW"

pls esplain
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Addressing server to player concerns and questions.

Post by PKPenguin321 » #229745

They're basically the same now full disclosure, just that one has less people and cooler admins
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #229817

honestly med-pop is preferable over high pop since high pop can quickly become the most chaotic mess ever
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #230053

dear sybil,

please take back your trash instead of dumping it into your neighbour's backyard

t. basil
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #230055

Kraso wrote:dear sybil,

please take back your trash instead of dumping it into your neighbour's backyard

t. basil
Fuck you and die
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #230070

Basil hasn't had people interested in ERP since like, Artyom I would say. (In-fact the ERP metagang from Artyom went to Sybil when Artyom died)

But generally the admin personality is pretty much the same though some of us try and encourage more sportsmanship (Not executing a traitor because they got searched and found with an emag, not beating people when arresting them as security, ect.), but you won't be banned for being a bad sport. Oh yeah we also don't spam meme events since Jud got deadminned. Player personality really varies. You have Sybil players, old Basil players that enjoy slower rounds and tend to not instantly pick up their pitchforks when they see a traitor, and hub players who are super new and have an incredibly diverse personality set.

I would say how Basil plays depends on the pop, midday super high pop tends to be like Sybil, later in the night tends to be like hub Basil pre-whatever fuckwad put it back on after I asked Kor to remove Basil from the hub. Sadly its not like 2014 Basil.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #230071

Kraso wrote:dear sybil,

t. basil
He is correct
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #230145

>the best players
>constant lowpop ebow esword murderboner

wew sure those best players really make sybil the kickin rad place to be, don't they?

Truth is, people in general will always favour the server with the higher pop. It's no longer a matter of liking lower pop or slow paced rounds, when a server has 10 players total and the other has 50 you're better off just setting up a private server and play solo. Basil used to somehow work with extremely low pop because it had a culture of metagangs and (E)RP, Sybil doesn't even have that. Now that Basil population is a melting pot of Sybil players, hubbies and natives, the original heavy circlejerky culture died out and all that it's left is some lingering background cameraderie even among strangers. RP is as light as it can be, any semblance of immersion blown away by the sheer amount of hubbies constantly OOC-in-ICing and widespread braindead incompetence from sec to engineering all the way up to antags and heads. That's not necessarily a bad thing. At the end of the day, playing on Basil is like playing on an unranked server in a competitive multiplayer game: relaxing and soothing. It's only game, why you heff to be mad?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #230185

bagil is just more fun.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #230204

Its about people and pub preference. When sybil became a pub server everyone moved.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #230210

There was never a time when Sybil was on the hub and Basil was not
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #230234

starmute wrote:Its about people and pub preference. When sybil became a pub server everyone moved.
Actually everyone moved when Basil got put on the hub again after it was removed due to nobody on Basil liking being on the hub. I still wish whoever did it had fessed up but apparently nobody is willing to admit they did something dumb that messed up the good balance we used to have between the servers.

Edit time:

I am kind of curious right now, would Sybil players or players who enjoy a more action packed play style prefer it if Sybil went back to being the high pop server? I know what Basil players want but I kind of want to know what you guys want.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #230246

I admin sybil so it's obviously the superior server.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #230247

Wyzack wrote:There was never a time when Sybil was on the hub and Basil was not
Objectively not true.

I remember a couple occasions Sybil got put in the hub and basil was not.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.