2k17 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by onleavedontatme » #294665

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yet, that same media remains dead silent about the NSA backdoors into Windows being leaked and then used by ransomware to fuck up computers worldwide
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/worl ... .html?_r=0

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/natio ... in-n758516

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... dc97aa5366

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/05/15/ ... mware.html

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/12/technol ... microsoft/

?????

This has been all over the news here in America. The NBC one even has tweets from Snowden criticizing the NSA embedded in the article
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #294667

Anonmare wrote:It's like people want America and Russia to start Cold War 2: Electric Boogaloo
That's exactly what the media and Dems want though. We would have already been at war with Russia if Hillary had won, thank god we got Trump instead.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #294670

ShadowDimentio wrote:That's exactly what the media and Dems want though. We would have already been at war with Russia if Hillary had won, thank god we got Trump instead.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #294671

Kor wrote: This has been all over the news here in America. The NBC one even has tweets from Snowden criticizing the NSA embedded in the article
There we go
>In America

The hand-me-down news I get over here on the TV and mainstream news sites mentions pretty much nothing of that(A small 20 second blurb that oh, things went wrong, or a 2-3 paragraph article on a sidebar). But still manages to fit in "Trump is crazy and bad" regularly
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #294685

Then why do you care so much about it?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #294688

The recent ransomware attack that fucked up the UK NHS' shit was carried out via a vulnerability that the NSA knew about for years. As someone who actually has a bit of professional knowledge in the field, this is a pretty big fucking deal.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #294761

it's not illegal, it's likely not a conspiracy so much as trump not knowing when to stfu, but anything involving israel is already a political minefield, even before essentially burning them as an intelligence source
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #294783

Alternatively: Trump is trying to get on friendlier terms with Russia.

Also of course Israel is an intel source, the US has had Israel's back for decades and they're the only ones in the middle east we're on remotely good terms with. Them parsing us some inel on how to fuck up ISIS is the least they can do, and I sincerely doubt that they're going to stop lest they have Trump threatening to pull away from them.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI

Post by XSI » #294791

Alternatively to even that, the media is blowing shit out of proportion because outrage sells.
Got to get those pageviews!

Nothing unusual has happened as far as I'm aware. Clumsy, maybe. Not technically his job to share intel, sure. But not unusual
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #294794

Knowing Trump this is probably something he'll follow up with to produce better results.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #294799

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.
Bring back papercult.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #294802

He hasn't really done anything though.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #294825

XSI wrote:Alternatively to even that, the media is blowing shit out of proportion because outrage sells.
Got to get those pageviews!

Nothing unusual has happened as far as I'm aware. Clumsy, maybe. Not technically his job to share intel, sure. But not unusual
This is probably the most sensible post that has ever been made in this thread
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #294947

I see fat people every day.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #294956

now you guys have got me looking up "too healthy" greentexts
Spoiler:

bandit

Post by bandit » #295066

XSI wrote:Nothing unusual has happened as far as I'm aware. Clumsy, maybe. Not technically his job to share intel, sure. But not unusual
technically it is his job, as the President, to determine whether intel should be shared or classified or not, which is why this isn't illegal. just most of the time that job is uh done with some thought

admin feedback pls
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #295071

He literally can't reveal classified information because the second he reveals something, it's no longer classified. I am no Trump supporter but accusing him of revealing secrets is just blatantly false
XSI

Post by XSI » #295229

I figured intel sharing was done by the intel services. FBI CIA and other 3-letter acronyms, to other intel services so they can use it.

From president to diplomats seems pretty inefficient
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #295281

The Seth Rich story has been blowing up quite a bit lately. For the unaware, he was a former DNC staffer who was found dead under extremely suspicious circumstances. Wikileaks has strongly implied that he was one of the leakers. His death was ruled as a robbery gone wrong, even though two assailants shot him dead and left him without taking anything.
XSI

Post by XSI » #295304

To be fair you've got to be doing it wrong if it's a robbery and you're not taking anything
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #295312

XSI wrote:To be fair you've got to be doing it wrong if it's a robbery and you're not taking anything
kek

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #295374

They took his life.

Ba dum tss
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
bandit

Post by bandit » #295388

meanwhile brazil has elected unicorn_dream

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazi ... SKCN18D2XY

admin feedback pls
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #295390

Luke Cox wrote:The Seth Rich story has been blowing up quite a bit lately. For the unaware, he was a former DNC staffer who was found dead under extremely suspicious circumstances. Wikileaks has strongly implied that he was one of the leakers. His death was ruled as a robbery gone wrong, even though two assailants shot him dead and left him without taking anything.
>The Seth Rich story has been blowing up quite a bit lately.

It was a wise Canadian politician that once said, 'If you kill your enemies, they win'
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #295404

CosmicScientist wrote:
imblyings wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:The Seth Rich story has been blowing up quite a bit lately. For the unaware, he was a former DNC staffer who was found dead under extremely suspicious circumstances. Wikileaks has strongly implied that he was one of the leakers. His death was ruled as a robbery gone wrong, even though two assailants shot him dead and left him without taking anything.
>The Seth Rich story has been blowing up quite a bit lately.

It was a wise Canadian politician that once said, 'If you kill your enemies, they win'
I swear there's supposed to be a joke here? I guess I don't know enough from the new world to understand. pls fill in
I think Trudeau said something to that effect one time
XSI

Post by XSI » #295411

He did, in context it was about why Canada wouldn´t bomb ISIS

Because if you kill your enemy, they win.
As opposed to them winning if they get to take over large parts of the world
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #295414

Granted, that's only true if "winning" means getting your message out to the masses.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #295418

I thought that quote was just fake
XSI

Post by XSI » #295419

You should know by now that satire and reality are the same thing these days
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #295423

It was a rather poorly-worded way of saying "creating martyrs is a really bad idea", wasn't it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #295427

It's either an "alternative quote" or the (((MSM))) did a pretty good job at erasing every source of the quote
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #295445

XSI wrote:He did
Do you have a source? I've tried several times to find one and I can't even find a claim of what interview it came from, never mind a link to one.

I know this joke is overused but it seems like a case of

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #295532

No Trudeau actually believes that if you kill your enemies they win, which is a totally moronic thing to say because if you kill your enemies they're fucking dead, they don't win at all.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #295533

> quote has literally no source

> no guys it's true he thinks this way believe me

Hmm
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #295535

I looked it up it might not actually be a quote, fuck boys I've been PRANKED.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #295536

and that is precisely why i can't take shadowmemes seriously

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #295537

I dont have any sort of stake in this retarded conflict but i beg, i literally fucking BEG you all to question everything, question the sources that support your side as rigorously as you do the ones that oppose it. Anything less is literally brainwashing yourself
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #295553

It's not a direct "quote" word-for word. It's taking what he said about why Canada shouldn't participate in missions in the middle east and memeing a 4chan >implied quote
XSI wrote:He did, in context it was about why Canada wouldn´t bomb ISIS
Basically this
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #295600

it wasn't a quote but i mean it's basically what he was saying

besides, the guy's a legit idiot look at his >muh castro
XSI

Post by XSI » #295646

Kor wrote:
XSI wrote:He did
Do you have a source? I've tried several times to find one and I can't even find a claim of what interview it came from, never mind a link to one.
The original quote is like 2-3 paragraphs long, but it essentially is both the joke version and "Killing them will just make them martyrs and get more terrorists and people hating us" as mentioned above
The actual thing is a lot more nuanced than the internet jokes, but that's what we should be expecting from the internet these days
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #296058

I heard CIk say he wanted to kill all jews

I mean ti wasn't what he said but it's basically what he was saying

besides he's a legit idiot, look at his comments in this thread.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #296065

Oranges wrote:I heard CIk say he wanted to kill all jews

Kiwi. Why do I love you so much? Run off with me.
starmute

Post by starmute » #296091

Also I thought I would contribute something
  • Who determines what is classified information in the United States:

Typically a federal agency determines if something needs classification. I could give you examples but I don't want to clutter the page. If you want to read more please read wikipedias article.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classifie ... ted_States
  • Can senators/presidents/cabnet members declassify documents?

Typically no. They have to go before a MDR (Manditory Declassification Review) board before things are declassified. HOWEVER classified documents WILL be revealed after 25 years (unless they fall under the provisions of executive order 13526.)

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13526
  • So can the president be charged for leaking classified documents?

First we don't know if he DID give classified information to the Russians. So hold your horses. However if he did then yes under the Espionage act of 1917.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage_Act_of_1917
  • Why should we care if trump gives stuff to the Russians, he's our president, doesn't he get a free pass?

Here's the problem. If you expect regular citizens to follow the law then you should follow the law too. The law doesn't exempt the president and if its secret or NOFORN then its espionage to pass it onto another government.

I don't know if he did or didn't do it yet (there hasn't been any evidence proving either way since I'm not party to the investigation that the head of the justice department is conducting on him) however I'm just saying that if he has committed espionage
    Its a serious charge, and I believe that if there is enough proof then he should have to suffer the consequences regardless of his office. However I have no doubts that he would never suffer the same fate as Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #296094

>The president has to follow the law same as regular people

Regular people don't have access to classified information, and also aren't the president who have pretty massive authority over these sorts of things.

If we got down to brass tacks and examined this in a completely dry law setting then yes he might have broken the law but even then the worst that would likely happen is the Dems bitch for a while and the president apologizes, if that.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
starmute

Post by starmute » #296101

ShadowDimentio wrote:>The president has to follow the law same as regular people

Regular people don't have access to classified information, and also aren't the president who have pretty massive authority over these sorts of things.

If we got down to brass tacks and examined this in a completely dry law setting then yes he might have broken the law but even then the worst that would likely happen is the Dems bitch for a while and the president apologizes, if that.

The law is pretty cut and dry. Anyone who has had family who have any kind of clearance knows how much shit you get if you divulge anything NOFORN related to even a family member your ass is grass. You have to realize that espionage is a pretty big deal here on par with murder, especially in the military community.

Read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hanssen

For a example
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #296124

The whole "classified information" thing has already escaped the mainstream press' attention. It was the clickbait bullshit of last week. Meanwhile, his FCC pick has gutted net neutrality regulations, but nobody seems to give a fuck about that. Can't interrupt the autistic Russia screeching.
XSI

Post by XSI » #296125

It's not that nobody gives a fuck, it's more that the lobbyists are louder than the people who give a fuck
starmute

Post by starmute » #296129

Its important that we investigate this completely and move ahead either way. That being said we shouldn't jump to conclusions, just because you are being investigated doesn't make you guilty. Regardless its not information that we are privy to and I doubt we''ll ever know everything about this. Frankly we'll only find out things from the Justice Department and the Office of Special Counsel.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #296134

starmute wrote:
Oranges wrote:I heard CIk say he wanted to kill all jews

Kiwi. Why do I love you so much? Run off with me.
I would like that very much
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #296171

starmute wrote:The law is pretty cut and dry. Anyone who has had family who have any kind of clearance knows how much shit you get if you divulge anything NOFORN related to even a family member your ass is grass. You have to realize that espionage is a pretty big deal here on par with murder, especially in the military community.

Read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hanssen

For a example
>President of the United States, the leader of the free world
>Shares classified information about terrorists with another government through official channels (literally talking to their official) that are working with us in the middle east to wipe out terrorism
>Comparable to someone sharing c+ information with their family / keeping c+ information on an easily accessible private server / literally spying for another government

You're stupid.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #296179

If federal agencies are responsible for the declassification of intelligence, and the President has complete reign over all of the agencies involved in this process, it would stand to reason that the President has the authority to declassify shit whenever they goddamn please