Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: 2k17 /pol/

Post by Drynwyn » #315116

Bottom post of the previous page:

Drynwyn wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:neither american political party is worth a damn as a group

this is because to endure as groups, they must focus their efforts entirely upon enduring as a group. theoretically, universally applicable regulations that hard-capped their ability to purse that goal would prevent this, however, any such laws would have to be implemented by the group who are focused entirely upon enduring.

i vote democrat because they are more likely to rectify this situation, simply because they have less money than the GOP and therefore potentially stand to gain from a monetary reform in american politics. (I do agree with their stated stance on many other issues, but feel the democratic party as a group does not pursue them except as a means of sustaining themselves.)
this is some edgy bullshit right here

i bet you weren't feeling very happy when you posted this
oh yeah because that's what's important, how i was feeling when I posted it and being 'edgy'
no wonder you think the american political system is working great, it's just how you find boyfriends, you pick a guy who gets to rail you in the ass for 8 years and then decide doing the same thing with a different guy will make sitting down the next day easier
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #315117

Drynwyn wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:neither american political party is worth a damn as a group

this is because to endure as groups, they must focus their efforts entirely upon enduring as a group. theoretically, universally applicable regulations that hard-capped their ability to purse that goal would prevent this, however, any such laws would have to be implemented by the group who are focused entirely upon enduring.

i vote democrat because they are more likely to rectify this situation, simply because they have less money than the GOP and therefore potentially stand to gain from a monetary reform in american politics. (I do agree with their stated stance on many other issues, but feel the democratic party as a group does not pursue them except as a means of sustaining themselves.)
this is some edgy bullshit right here

i bet you weren't feeling very happy when you posted this
oh yeah because that's what's important, how i was feeling when I posted it and being 'edgy'
no wonder you think the american political system is working great, it's just how you find boyfriends, you pick a guy who gets to rail you in the ass for 8 years and then decide doing the same thing with a different guy will make sitting down the next day easier
because wallowing in despair and screaming that EVERYTHING IS BROKEN on 2d spessman forums does so much to fix things?!?!??!
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #315125

Drynwyn why are you talking to yourself?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #315152

Luke Cox wrote:Drynwyn why are you talking to yourself?
it's a metaphor how people in general fail to argue with what other people have actually said, instead arguing with their ideas about what they said, or what they believe follows from what they said. that is, essentially arguing with themselves, to support their own viewpoint and for the benefit of those who already agree with, rather than arguing with the actual views put forward for the benefit of themselves and their conversational partner.

if you are currently nodding sagely and congratulating me on identifying a problem with other people, you are probably part of the problem

or perhaps i merely disagreed with myself
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #315187

Drynwyn wrote:
it's a metaphor how people in general fail to argue with what other people have actually said, instead arguing with their ideas about what they said, or what they believe follows from what they said. that is, essentially arguing with themselves, to support their own viewpoint and for the benefit of those who already agree with, rather than arguing with the actual views put forward for the benefit of themselves and their conversational partner.

if you are currently nodding sagely and congratulating me on identifying a problem with other people, you are probably part of the problem

This explains a lot about politics.

And then you get cases like establishment Democrats, who desperately kowtow to what the Republicans assume they are, as if it had any relation to reality, even when it drives off their voters by the thousand.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #315208

Drynwyn wrote:

Yer a cunt
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #315308

Malkevin wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:

Yer a cunt
indubitably
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #316162

Latest update to the Trump/Russia nothingburger: Trump's kid met with a Russian lawyer.

Can't wait for it to amount to nothing.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #316165

They're still going with the Russia angle?

Seriously, it's time to let go and look for some actual news. It's not doing their job if they keep speculating about shit
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #316173

Latest update to the Trump/Russia nothingburger: Trump's kid met with a Russian lawyer.
I protest, there's no way we know what this lawyer identifies as.
They're still going with the Russia angle?
They KNOW this story is bullshit. But if they drop it now, they will look like idiots. Also, they need to continuously paint Trump's presidency as illegitimate, because they need their voters angry and motivated.
Bring back papercult.

XSI

Post by XSI » #316175

They already look like idiots, that's not going to be a concern
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #316176

To us, yes. To your average democrat voter? No.
Bring back papercult.

ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #316179

"to us"

heh
crack is whack but smacks got your back
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316182

ColonicAcid wrote:"to us"

heh
to them, yes
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #316189

InsaneHyena wrote:
I protest, there's no way we know what this lawyer identifies as.
Fuck dude I assumed his nationality, how wrong of me
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #316261

nice popup about net neutrality, shame that you all's man Trump appointed this guy to deal with it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_V._P ... ted_States
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #316292

Got spooked by the pop up by eh I don't know if a non American signing your petition would help.

Gonna sloppily repost shit I put on the discord:
holy chirst i was googling about it and found this bullshit article (was from 2014 but shit is eternal)
http://theconversation.com/australias-n ... e-us-22245
"But Australia hasn’t ever had net neutrality, with domestic internet service providers shaping and restricting traffic, and often allowing “unmetered” access to certain websites for their own reasons. And it hasn’t been a disaster."
"Historical wholesale pricing practices means that many providers provide their customers with “Freezone” areas which provide unmetered access to popular content. These arrangements reflect the lower cost for the provider in delivering locally hosted content to their users."
oh they mean some carriers let you view iview unmetered oh fuck em the data limits used to be so anaemic they can all go to hell
also a government service so the crowing about lack of net neutrality pumping up private enterprise is bull on that count
also the privatisation of the copper network and telstra was a dirty back room steal and led to a total lack of maintenance outside metropolitan areas by the scum bastard company telstra recently the rotting unmaintained shit was bought back at a premium by the abbott government(edited)
Australia is worse than a poor example of why net neutrality shouldn't be allowed to exist
it's a fantastic example of why internet service providers shouldn't be allowed to exist as private entities
Government built it grew it gave it away and they maintained little but basic access at the time of privatisation
they are scum who have as much business branching out into new enterprises as a naked molerat colony
"1: Solid competition across most of Australia: Thanks to Telstra’s ADSL network being open to use by competitors, most Australians have a choice of which broadband provider they use, and so can switch providers if their provider restricts part of their internet service. This follows through to the National Broadband Network. Once a house is connected to the NBN householders can choose from a number of competing providers."
this had to be changed after the fact because upon privatisation Telstra was basically government made monopoly. Their response to competition was to NEVER maintain the ADSL network. It's so shit and the copper buyback means telstra's legacy will taint the new fibre network at some houses are so distant from the "nodes" where copper connects to fibre there has been no improvement in service
In fact it now has the added downside of making the old phone lines this snazzy "adsl" tech runs on shut off with power outages as the node shuts off
"2 Strong consumer protection laws: Australian consumer law – usually enforced by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission – is a world leader in protecting consumers. Any attempt by a large carrier to engage in anti-competitive conduct such as blocking or limiting access to a competitor’s service will invite long and costly action by the ACCC. "
You soft minded American fool you can never have a regulatory body as strong as our ACCC for the exact reason your masters are out to destroy net neutrality and all relevance of the FCC
We still got fucked with it in fact there is a investigation into NBN speeds on the new network being most likely way bellow advertised levels since the scum filth you say work so well in our country only advertise the hypothetical maximum for having a fibre optics up your bleeding anus
fuck it gonna slap this in the pol thread on the forums fuckin triggered mate
oh from 2014 fuck it
doesn't matter ignorance is eternal
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #316294

In summary hold onto what regulations you have because the sort of "representative" you get in America isn't going to put new (working) regulations in place while screaming about killing the beast or whatever the fuck.

Far stronger Australian regulations you can't have, ever, period were not enough in my opinion to protect the Australian public from the festering tumour that is internet service providers.

Good luck bearing arms without eyes.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #316307

I fully expect internet reforms to go through, if not now they're bound to happen in a few years. There's just too much money there for the taking to let it slip.

In 10-20 years people will look back at the early 2000s and see them as the "far west" days of the internet, and see the subsequent limitations and fall of net neutrality as inevitable just like we do with the early days of cars or television before traffic code and regulations kicked in.

We already accept pay-per-view, paid cable or satellite tv as normal, the same thing happening to the internet won't cause people to riot in the streets or overthrow the government. Internet isn't a God-given human right. You want quality tv, you pay. You want quality internet, you will pay. And life will go on as it has always gone on - that is, badly.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316323

what

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #316354

When I studied german in 8th grade the teacher told us that the B s thing was being phased out
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316359

It's actually -sz- (which, when written the old way and put together, looks like ß).
This was later simplefied to -ss-.
It exists, but whether to use it is a matter of taste these days. Most people want simple.

Given that some of our Slavic neighbours' languages seem to consziszt of noszing but thisz, it probably came from them via the Prussians. Fucking Prussians.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #316373

DemonFiren wrote:-ss-
Lizard confirmed NAZI
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #316374

bandit wrote:nice popup about net neutrality, shame that you all's man Trump appointed this guy to deal with it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_V._P ... ted_States
what did the deranged bandit mean by this?
bandit

Post by bandit » #316378

not sure what there is to not get, Trump's FCC chairman appointee has a very anti-net neutrality record and is trying to get it rolled back

the issue is also fairly partisan in Congress now

admin feedback pls
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #316456

Amazing how money can make people come together.
XSI

Post by XSI » #316524

Lets be honest now
Nobody thinks Trump has any clue whatsoever on the internet, or on how welfare works, or environmental protections. Or large scale taxes/economy the size of a country. He got his votes because mass immigration and SJW shit going too far while he promised to stop that shit, as well as Hillary being worse as candidate in every way. This is entirely as expected

Sadly it's impossible to get a candidate that isn't terrible so they picked the least terrible one they could find. Which is still pretty terrible.
But that's why these sort of petitions work too, call up your local representative and tell them that this is a shitty idea. Trump can't get it passed if he doesn't have the support for it.
bandit

Post by bandit » #316562

XSI wrote:But that's why these sort of petitions work too, call up your local representative and tell them that this is a shitty idea. Trump can't get it passed if he doesn't have the support for it.
uh
no
that's not how it works at all. even if everyone in the government didn't know those petitions were fucking useless (which they are -- it's basically a contest of who can astroturf the hardest https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings ... ame=17-108) they know they can afford to ignore them. the AHCA, for instance, is deeply unpopular according to most polls, but that isn't going to mean shit either way for whether it passes

admin feedback pls
bandit

Post by bandit » #316564

like you might as well copy-paste Woody's Got Wood into the petition, it'll accomplish just as much

admin feedback pls
XSI

Post by XSI » #316589

One day while Andy was masturbating, Woody got wood. He could no longer help himself! He watched as Andy stroked his juicy kawaii cock. He approached Andy which startled him and make him pee everywhere on the floor and on Woody too. Being drenched in his urine made him harder than ever! Woody: "Andy Senpai! I'm alive and I want to be INSIDE OF YOU." Andy: "Oh Woody Chan! I always knew you were alive! I want to stuff you up my kawaii ass!" Woody grabbed a bunch of flavored lube and rubbed it all over his head Woody: "Oh my! It's cherry flavored lube! Cherry is my favorite! Woody then stuffed his head up into Andy's tight ass! The other toys around the room watched intently as Woody shoved his head back and forth into Andy's nice ass, continuously making a squishy wet noise. The other toys also became aroused and they all gathered around Woody and Andy and started to urinate all over them, and then they started to masturbate. Andy: "Oh my goodness, Woody Chan! You are churning my insides up so well! Your nose is stimulating my prostate! OH YES! All the other toys became so aroused by this, that they could not help themselves anymore! They pushed Woody completely inside, and they all went inside. All of them wanted to be inside Andy's nice round ass. Andy: "No wait guys! My ass cannot hold this much! I'm getting so full! All the toys went inside of poor squirming Andy and pretty much, he was beyond full, and died from having his insides completely damaged. The mother came inside and found Andy, dead with a huge ass hemorrhage on his anus, with a HUGE belly full of toys.
Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #317022

If you want to see what getting rid of 'red tape' and 'unnecessary regulations' looks like in practice, see Grenfell in London and how housing for the poor is turned into a deathtrap because of disregard for safety and being allowed to use Chinese flammable materials to pretty up buildings that the rich complain about.

It's always, ALWAYS the rich wanting to have the few protections everyone has has from them stripped away, so they can stomp on you and get more money for their high score. And it will never be enough for them.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #317126

As predicted the day of protest did diddly shit to born shill Ajit Pai who knew when his verizon buddies were putting in high quality comments against NN from their lawyers instead of their massive bot spam and tricking customers into sending a form against it and golly gee he says “What matters most are the quality of the comments, not the quantity,” going ahead regardless as we all expected.

Having read millions of forms thousands of custom letters among them so quickly got an avid reader on our hands.

Sure gets paid a lot to live a worthless life devoid of all humanity.
XSI

Post by XSI » #317175

>Implying the comments matter at all

The only things that matter to politicians are votes and money. If they think they'll get voted out over something, they won't do it. If they can profit from something without getting voted out, they'll buy shares in telecomms right before they vote to fuck over net neutrality.
There's a reason almost your entire government is composed of millionaires

That's what the messages are about, telling the politicians you'll vote for someone else if they pass that. The problem is that in many places the only alternative to whoever is in office right now is likely to be worse, and so it's not as likely for them to get voted out over it.
Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #317177

It's not a protest unless it's actively making someone's life hard.

Pissed off voters in the US have made some headway physically showing up at the offices and homes of politicians who voted to fuck them over, in some cases holding up model spines in protest of their elected officials lacking any. They absolutely freak out at their voters demanding actual representation and often disappear quickly.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #317212

It's not my government xsi.

A downright fucking shame that democratically elected officials give not a single damn about public opinion in America.

It a real democracy being shown something is this ridiculously unpopular activates their cockroach scuttling instincts.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #317398

Wow so groundbreaking...a WHITE WOMAN :roll:
XSI

Post by XSI » #317425

>Implying anyone gives a shit

It's a publicity stunt to try to save a show that they ran out of ideas for long ago. Like every show that lasts more than 10 seasons
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #317574

Dr Who is Supernatural-ing. Rather than give it a satisfying and frankly merciful end they just keep pumping out content of steadily declining quality for as long as they can wring a few dollars out of it. Didn't they at one point have a logical endpoint? Like he only had X number of possible resurrections left?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #317582

Yes, originally they only had 12 regenerations
but then the BBC were like "BuT oUr CaSh CoW1!1!"
私は完璧
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #317833

British people cant wank without indians stealing their credit cards
Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #317853

Gotta love when these politicians literally don't know how the internet works.

Either there's gonna be mile-wide holes in it or digg and tumblr are gonna be peeved about demanding IDs. And given this same government passed incredibly restrictive porn laws...
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #317868

CosmicScientist wrote:BBC: Porn ID checks set to start in April 2018

S'cuse me, I'm heading down to the unassuming gentlemen & delicate lady centre for private matters. I will enter a queue with half a metre spacing between individuals, at the very least to let those who lose their nerve a swift exit before their cheeks burn like a late sunset. Upon reaching the desk, I will be met with the piercing gaze of a haggard old lady who wears a fake smile, peeled back far enough to show they're taking their displeasure out on abusing their face instead of verbally at the patrons. Bite down and think of England; it won't be hard.
'What do you want?' she says, curtly and with her face trying to hide a snarl by pulling back to its insincere grin.
I will ignore the cameras. I lie to myself because if I do that, I'm not peeking up at the cold, black spheres that cling half into the ceiling like crabs with nothing better to do.
'Ca- can I have two ladi-' it's hard to finish a sentence when the thunk thunk of a wrinkly finger with a fake nail on the plastic glass window of the desk is at eye height and with enough force to make me thank the forces that be for this transparent barrier.
'What was that, pet? Speak into the mic.' a sour smile twisting into disgust between sentences.
I bend down, my face pressed up against the desk. I have one eye on the black crab, the other on the saggy creature that looks happy in its twisted features.
'A re- red, white and blue song of God Save the Queen.'
'And. What. Else?'
Eyes closed now, bite down and think of England... if it wasn't this England.
'Wheat fields. Starring Theresa May. With leather trousers.'
'Very good. It's surprising how popular these tastes are.'
The desk under me opens up and two VHS tapes are pushed through. I cling to them. I think my knuckles are white, it's hard to tell when your eyes are focused on the door. Bite down. No longer think of England. Just think that now vore pales in comparison to voyeurism.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #317891

raising the maximum penalty for instances of online piracy from two to 10 years

You can now get more time for downloading game of thrones than mugging a granny
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #317897

Plainly it's less evil to steal physical copies.

Fuck corporate shill scum.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #317901

should take a few notes from their neighbours across the channel and start guillotining politicians

well, their neighbours from several centuries ago
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #317903

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's for the people who HOST the content and do the actual theft of it.
There's no money in going after individuals, so downloading game of thrones won't put you in jail, but stealing GoT episodes from the production team or hosting already stolen episodes will.
(and mugging grannies of course)
私は完璧
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #317919

Give it time. That's how it started in my country, but the law punishing the downloaders will soon pass.
Bring back papercult.

Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #317950

CosmicScientist wrote:REEE!

They're putting the womenz on muh currency again!
They're also giving them a limited edition £2 coin variant apparently!!11!1!!

I actually have no clue who they're replacing on the £10. Scotland is getting their own, knighted poet. I've also never read any of her six books. Does anyone here know if they're terribly dated?

Oh and a reminder, this uses animal tallow, a waste product, just like the fiver, so, uh, don't worry veggies and vegans because it's not contributing to any industry, probably. I forget which religious groups are supposed to be offended by touching this... but hey! It lasts twice as long as the old notes, is harder to counterfeit probably and isn't damaged by water, so, who cares, right?
Study your Raj history; pig products piss off the Muslims, cow products piss off the Hindus, but they're fine with pretty much anything else including sheep and birds. And it only matters if you knowingly eat the stuff. (so your bacon bullets are nothing but making you miss and look silly)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #317960

The tallow byproduct they use is most likely stearic acid which is used in literally fucking everything plastic and a good amount of wax products too so good luck with your fucking "animal friendly" plastic sandals, vegans

I mean you can get it from palm oil too but that's not exactly the cleanest crop out there to grow in mass quantities
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #318123

Remie Richards wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but that's for the people who HOST the content and do the actual theft of it.
There's no money in going after individuals, so downloading game of thrones won't put you in jail, but stealing GoT episodes from the production team or hosting already stolen episodes will.
(and mugging grannies of course)
This is technically true- but for their definition of "host", simply being a torrent seed could (depending on court rulings) be considered "hosting".
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #318164

Never seed